Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeRegisterLog in

CAMM Track Day

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
18psiacr
CAMM Rookie
18psiacr

CAMM Track Day - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2012, 11:22 pm

I don't even remember who actually created chitownracing lol
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2012, 11:43 pm

i have been a member over there for like 2 years but i only have 2 posts there. so when i got to the track and i missed our first run i just got in line with TCG to make my first pass, hell i'm a member there right? lol.

still only got 3 runs in all day so i don't feel bad about it.

SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
18psiacr
CAMM Rookie
18psiacr

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2012, 11:47 pm

Lol. My buddy did that. Started with TGC and later went with the fast motorsports group
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 12:10 am

I haven't had much of chance to come on here (as usual) but I just wanted to say thanks to whoever organized it. Crystal? I was also invited by a friend that's on the Chicago Garage, that's why at the end I also got in their lane. I only ran mine 3 times and had my buddy run my car once.

It was my first time at the track with my SRT8. I was expecting low 13s but all I could get was an embarrassing 14.00 I had a full tank of gas, my wife, n my fat ass in there lol....
Next time I'll lose the wife and only 1/4 tank of gas . (And maybe some weight too)

Huge turn out . Way to many cars. And the waiting to race was crazy.
Still really glad I went . But a couple things....I couldn't do a decent burnout, had the one tire spinning thing my buddy told me, and Jontoad spanked me in my 2 race lol!!!!!!!
And there's like 3 videos in different angles of it ahahaha.
-Danny
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 11:26 am

That run you would have had a 13 if you didn't deep stage. If you see in the video I started to load up the converter and your top yellow staging lights switched off. I thought you pulled through the beams so I let off, so it caught me by surprise when the tree started to go. I didn't realize you deep staged till later.

When you line up you want to stop as soon as both sets of staging lights are lit. You actually get a head start that way since your car gets to roll out a foot or so before you break the beams to start your time. Deep staging means you stage closer to the beams so you don't get that roll out before you break the beams.

SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 11:48 am

Deep Staging has it's advantages, depending on what you do it for. I race in a Pro Outlaw division, so I did it for better r/t off of a foot brake car. The et and mph will be slightly higher/ lower, but I always run faster than my index so it's a good thing. Now I have a trans brake and will shallow stage.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 1:29 pm

Thanx for the tips guys. About the deep staging, yea let's just say that wasn't planned lol. I tried launching at now more than 1500 rpm and it just wasn't cutting it off the line.
Like I said it was my first time in the SRT8 but not my last.
And Im not sure which run but I think I raced in pro tree?? All lights went off at the same time. Not 1,2,3 green. Totally unexpected.
Thanx for the vid Tom!

-danny
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 1:36 pm

Meant to say no more than 1500 rpm.
Where's the edit button??
Btw I have pics n a few short vids I will try to upload.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 2:32 pm

On that pro tree you want to stage deep. That's what I have to race off of in Pro Outlaw.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 7:21 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Deep Staging has it's advantages, depending on what you do it for. I race in a Pro Outlaw division, so I did it for better r/t off of a foot brake car. The et and mph will be slightly higher/ lower, but I always run faster than my index so it's a good thing. Now I have a trans brake and will shallow stage.

all true. but for what he was trying to do he didn't want to deep stage. the only time i ever deep staged was when i used to bracket race for cash.

Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 7:35 pm

ChicagoSRT8 wrote:
\ But a couple things....I couldn't do a decent burnout, had the one tire spinning thing my buddy told me
-Danny

yea... that will happen with the stock rear end. what setting do yo have your ESP on? when i was on the stock rear end i would do the burnout with the esp 20% still on (holding the dash button for 5-10 seconds) then after the burnout i would flip my home made NOesp switch (switch on the power wire for the yaw sensor under the center console) before i made the run to turn the traction control/torque management fully off. you need a little of the esp on or your computer won't tell the car to drag the brake on one side to send power to the other side.

or you could just get a limited slip rear end. i love my wavetrac.

Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 1:30 am

I hit the ESP button for 5-10 seconds. It said ESP deactivated.
I thought that totally turned traction control off...?
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 5:25 am

One of the many pics I took of the day. Sorry it's taking so long but I should have more up by the weekend.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/17/49/55/48/img_5810.jpg
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 9:44 am

ChicagoSRT8 wrote:
I hit the ESP button for 5-10 seconds. It said ESP deactivated.
I thought that totally turned traction control off...?

na, that's still on 20%. the car still cuts some power. it will also still cut power a lot if you get sideways.

to have it fully off you need to take the center console apart and tap an on/off switch on the wire that is violet with a light blue stripe (not the violet one with the dark blue stripe)

just flip that switch while the car is on to disable the system fully. to turn the system back on turn the switch back then restart the car.

i leave my esp fully off almost always now that i have the LSD in the rear end. i just switch it on if its bad weather out.

Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 11:58 am

Very cool James!

You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicagolandAreaModernMopars

Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 1:24 pm

Looks good James. I was a dumb ass and bought a track photo. The track photographer sucked and it is all washed out and has no contrast.

Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 3:24 pm

I got you at the starting line of all 3 runs Jon plus a few off the line. I can email them to u if u want. Same goes for u too Crystal.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 3:48 pm

jamesv82 wrote:
I got you at the starting line of all 3 runs Jon plus a few off the line. I can email them to u if u want. Same goes for u too Crystal.
Any shots of mine?

CAMM Track Day - Page 8 1236920_10151644188979537_407418136_n
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 3:52 pm

Very Cool Picture James... now where's mine...hahaha
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 6:43 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jamesv82 wrote:
Any shots of mine?

Not at the line but down the track
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 6:44 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
Very Cool Picture James... now where's mine...hahaha

lol, I should have more today and def by the weekend
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 6:56 pm

Step off boys he posted the best one.

You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicagolandAreaModernMopars

Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 7:56 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Step off boys he posted the best one.

lol, I also have a time to post
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 8:01 pm

Here are a few.

Jon
https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/17/49/55/48/jon_110.jpg

Tom
https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/17/49/55/48/tom_110.jpg

Shawn
https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/17/49/55/48/shawn10.jpg
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 8:24 pm

Those are awesome pics James!! Did ya get one of me? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Track Day   CAMM Track Day - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMM Track Day
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: At the Track-
Jump to: