Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Wrigley

Go down 
+7
jlg1963
Illinois Chaos
eviltrycycle
AlterEgo
Okie6.1
Hypnotiq
Shawn1112
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 1:26 pm

Well its done and over with, we put Wrigley down a couple of hrs ago. As much as we prepared ourselves all week it still hurts like hell. Glad my wife is a stronger person than me, she took him in, I couldn't bring myself to do it. He was a great dog and brought a lot of happiness to our family, we were blessed to have him almost 9yrs. Its hard to look around the house and still see his toys and other things that remind me of him. Probably wont be on Camm much this week, gonna take some time to get over this.
So thanks in advance for your thoughts and kind words.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 2:17 pm

RIP wrigley! If you need anything even just to have a drink holla at me Shawn. Take care.

-Jr
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 4:07 pm

Hard choice but you made the right one for wrigley. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 6:38 pm

We were all thinking of you and your family today Shawn. He will always be with you in spirit.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 7:26 pm

Shawn my heart just breaks for you guys. Take time and remember good things, it will get easier as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 9:09 pm

Well, it just sucks. RIP to a great dog.
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 9:28 pm

Shawn,

Solice comes from knowing you did the right thing for a family member, that would hopefully do the same for you. It sucks for you but know it was the best thing.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 9:57 pm

That's one of the most difficult things to ever have to do. So sorry for your loss Shawn.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 8:51 am

The memories hurt now, but will shortly be cherished for years to come. I'm sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 2:12 pm

Thanks everyone!!!! Things are going well, it helps when your working 10-12hrs a day. Brandon is still taking it kind of hard, but he is also starting to come around. Having been thru this before, we have found that getting another dog rather quickly helps out. So we are looking at getting a Rottweiler, Pitt Bull, or Cane Corso. I want another boxer, but I will always compare him to Wrigley which wouldnt be rite. We found a 17 month old female Cane Corso online that was rescued. She is house broken and understands commands. Waiting to see if we can go look at her. If we go the Pitt Bull route it wont be from some fly by night idiot breeder. It will be bought from a well known breeder with known great temperament in his or her litters.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 3:01 pm

HA you must like slobber picked all three breeds that run at the mouth constantly haha
Fuck it get a beagle Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 3:52 pm

Headtripp wrote:
HA you must like slobber picked all three breeds that run at the mouth constantly haha
Fuck it get a beagle Smile
lol, Rotties dont drool that bad, I have had 2 of them. Sorry bro, not a little dog person. Some people love little dogs, me on the other hand, I like a dog that when you look at it he says " I dare you to come in the fucking yard or house" Really leaning towards the rott, our other 2 were great and very protective of the house and family. They are very smart and pretty easy to house break and train. We will see, still waiting to hear about the Cane Corso.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 3:55 pm

Pit bulls don't foam at the mouth. They can be some of the best dogs you'll ever own. Bull terriers are also a great breed and sure to make you laugh.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 4:05 pm

Okie6.1 wrote:
Pit bulls don't foam at the mouth. They can be some of the best dogs you'll ever own. Bull terriers are also a great breed and sure to make you laugh.
Pit Bulls get a bad rap from idiot owners. I have friends that have them and raised them the rite way, actually 1 friend has 3 of them. They are great dogs and are great with kids.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 4:08 pm

Yup I've owned 3 myself love them and yeah idiot owners give them a bad rap.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 12:25 pm

As far as Pits go, blame the deed not the breed imo... My wife went to college for vet technology... While she was there she took care of a pit... I went up to see the dog a few times... The dog (Princess Diana) was one of the nicest, well-mannered dogs I've ever met... If we didn't already have two American Bulldogs, we probably would've adopted her and brought her home... Have you thought about an American Bulldog?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 3:24 pm

Bulldog wrote:
As far as Pits go, blame the deed not the breed imo... My wife went to college for vet technology... While she was there she took care of a pit... I went up to see the dog a few times... The dog (Princess Diana) was one of the nicest, well-mannered dogs I've ever met... If we didn't already have two American Bulldogs, we probably would've adopted her and brought her home... Have you thought about an American Bulldog?
We also had an American Bulldog in the past, in fact both my brothers have 1. My wife is pretty much set on another rottie, but $1000-$1500 is kind of steep rite now. We are trying to save up for our Mexico vacation and that might put a damper on vacation.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 3:50 pm

Glad to hear your going for another pet, bro. I got another Jack and he is soooo different from Chelsea. I never look at Rome and think he reminds me of my other one. Get a Pit Bull they are great family dogs, as long as they don't see people as Meat Popsicles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P. Wrigley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Wrigley   R.I.P. Wrigley I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Wrigley
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: