Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeRegisterLog in

Big things in store for HEMI UP!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
himfast07
CAMM Member
himfast07

Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2009, 9:55 pm

Danm that's nice. Now we gotta get our colors together.
study
Back to top Go down
HEMI UP
CAMM Member
HEMI UP

PostSubject: color of the hood   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 2:37 pm

I plan on painting the hood same color as the car but the big ? what to do with the scoop leave as is, graphic's or silver paint on the sides please take a look at my current scoop I have on my gallery picture. I have so many ideas in my head HELP ! HELP ! give me your ideas color's will be in silver and red right now I'm thinking 5.7 HEMI silver with red out lines and let by guy pin stripe around it and the vents or silver in the opening of the scoop and silver down the center of the scoop and 5.7 in red ooooh so many ways to go Help
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 3:27 pm

chargerchick wrote:
Two weeks seems like an awfully long time for paint to cure.
I think he means the fiberglass to cure. Before my hood was painted my painter left it in the paint booth for almost 2 weeks before he would paint it. He said the reason being was to make sure the fiberglass was fully cured.

Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 1236920_10151644188979537_407418136_n
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 3:29 pm

That hood looks sick!!

Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 8:41 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
chargerchick wrote:
Two weeks seems like an awfully long time for paint to cure.
I think he means the fiberglass to cure. Before my hood was painted my painter left it in the paint booth for almost 2 weeks before he would paint it. He said the reason being was to make sure the fiberglass was fully cured.

They didn't do that with my hood. The painter painted it and I got it the next day. Hmmm. Neutral
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 8:04 am

Not paint curing. Not fiberglass curing either.
You run a fiberglass hood unpainted on the car and drive it for anywhere from 2 weeks to a month and a half.
It's heat cycling.
As you drive the car and the fibers in the hood get hot, it reshapes itself to the form of your car for a better fit.
You let it cool and it sets in the new shape.
Do this over and over again and you've got a hood that fits better, doesn't flex, and won't crack the paint when it's all finished.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 10:18 am

The paint booth is also heat cycling, never heard about your theory of shaping itself to the car. Its good to know that though.

Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 3:12 pm

It was something that I did with my TruFiber hood by accident but when Jerome and I talked to one of the guys at VFN they coined the term, told J how long to run it untouched by a bodyshop, and recommended it.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 3:18 pm

That hood looks AWESOME!!! I had to take the little rubber bump stops off, so the hood would go down a little more, did you try lowering those rubber bump stops??
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 4:36 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
That hood looks AWESOME!!! I had to take the little rubber bump stops off, so the hood would go down a little more, did you try lowering those rubber bump stops??

Yeah, he had already taken one off before he got to my house and then we took off the other one when he got here. It ended up just being the stock airbox (which he's already modified 'til the CAI gets to him) and the coolant tank cap.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 6:19 pm

Thanks for the info bro!

Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 10:52 pm

Man, that's nice. It sure would look good in PLUM with a Black Matte Hemi Decal! Rolling Eyes

Wouldn't VFN already figured the Stock box & Cap into their design & fit?

I say get someone to play with the Hood in Photo shop. You should definitely continue your Stipe colors similar to you old one (in a way)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big things in store for HEMI UP!   Big things in store for HEMI UP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big things in store for HEMI UP!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: