Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!

Go down 
+8
pebbles
kaotik29
jesse031081
ChiTownHemi
chargerchick
HiPwr
irishrt5.7
Moparcharger07
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2009, 11:09 am

Was at the Johnsburg car show recently, and ChiTownHemi was there as well with his new strut tower brace (which looks KICK ASS) and mentioned to me that I needed some strut tower covers. I was like "Yeah, I know, just haven't ordered them yet". Well, he walks over to his car, and comes back with his old ones, since he couldn't use them with his new brace, he gave me his strut covers!!!! KICK ASS!!! So needless to say, I slapped em on right away!!! Thanks again man, that was VERY nice of ya man!!! Here are the pics!!!!

Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! Strutcovers

Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! Strutcovers2

Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! Strutcovers3
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2009, 12:29 pm

Looks much better w/ those on...
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2009, 12:43 pm

Does look good. Those should be standard.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2009, 8:41 pm

That was awesome of him. I had a member of my club give me his old ones and I had them painted. Who knew that buying a car would also bring such nice people to help you out and become friends with! Smile
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2009, 10:42 pm

Glad you like them Adam and are gettin' good use out of them. Like I said, I'd much rather someone on CAMM gets them than to sell them to some stranger.

And yeah, I don't understand why those damn things aren't standard equip...

Your engine bay looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2009, 11:47 pm

thats why this site is awsome, people here are real and are willing to help anyone
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 2:28 am

jesse031081 wrote:
thats why this site is awsome, people here are real and are willing to help anyone

x2 hell yea you guys ROCK
Back to top Go down
pebbles
CAMM Member
pebbles

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 8:35 am

They look GREAT Adam.

ChiTownHemi - very nice!!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 7:33 pm

oh man... haha what's the trick to making your engine bay so clean like that.....
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 8:50 pm

Mucho elbow grease!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2009, 9:00 pm

its all in a days work
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2009, 11:43 am

jesse031081 wrote:
its all in a days work

HEE HEE Yeah, you're right............ all in a days WORK........ at WORK!!! LMAO HA HA HA HA
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2009, 6:13 pm

my roommate mentioned something to be using Simple Green spray..... just spray it on a warm engine (not hot, but not cold) let it sit with the hood closed for about 10 min... then just rinse with a hose... i dont know about doing that though.. haha.... I have to ask... with the CAI, did you have to change out your mass air flow sensor? or was it just a tweak in the computer?? not gonna lie, im trying to find mucho one ups about my car over my roommates mustang... hahah
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2009, 7:14 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
my roommate mentioned something to be using Simple Green spray..... just spray it on a warm engine (not hot, but not cold) let it sit with the hood closed for about 10 min... then just rinse with a hose... i dont know about doing that though.. haha.... I have to ask... with the CAI, did you have to change out your mass air flow sensor? or was it just a tweak in the computer?? not gonna lie, im trying to find mucho one ups about my car over my roommates mustang... hahah

I've heard of many people doing this with the Simple Green and say it works great. They also say that they "spray the shit" out of the engine bay with armor all or whatever you have laying around (after washing it down) to make it SHINE... Never tried it myself because my engine bay is never dirty long enough to worry about it . Be very very careful if you have any billet stuff in the engine bay as I've heard this process and really mess up the finish on that stuff. Simple Green may be ok but I think the reference to this was specifically about Gunk Engine Cleaner.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2009, 7:53 pm

Simple green works great, dont put none of that crap armor all on when your done it attracts dirt. The only thing I reccomend using when your done is a water based shine, I think Matt knows where to get it from. If you hose your motor down with water to remove all the loose dirt then spray it with simple green, let the simple green sit for a few minutes not 10 minutes just a few. You dont want the simple green to dry on you then start your car up hose off the simple green and get any remaining dirt off with a rag. I usually then dry my motor with a towel and if you have a compressor you can blow out the rest of the water and hard to reach dirt. Thats the way I do my motor, people may chime in with different methods.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2009, 9:04 pm

I used the air compressor and a few different wire brushes to get into the cracks and what not.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 9:17 am

Make sure to wash off the Simple Green quickly since it will corrode the aluminum..
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 9:30 am

shit i am a hillbilly i use a leaf blower to get the excess of water off of my motor... then use a towel then use a water based tire shine on mine but i apply it w/ a applicator let it sit for a couple of min and then wipe off any access that is left...lol...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 9:33 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
shit i am a hillbilly i use a leaf blower to get the excess of water off of my motor... then use a towel then use a water based tire shine on mine but i apply it w/ a applicator let it sit for a couple of min and then wipe off any access that is left...lol...

Hey man, did you try out that blue polish shit??? Did it take care of that spotting???
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 9:38 am

yeah the shit worked great on my catch can... i will have to do it again before the show thanks again... when i do my heads and cam i will have to use it on my valve covers.... they look like shit...

rep for you
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 9:44 am

I have a neighbor that's Polish. Maybe I can ask him to bag up some shit for me to rub on my engine. I don't know how he'll make it blue, though. Eat a lot of blue berries?
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 9:45 am

Yeah, I'm gonne get some more, and do my engine again, I think this time though, I MIGHT use a polisher tool, like a dremel type thing with one of those polisher ends on it to try to polish down in the cracks and hard to reach areas. Hell, maybe over the winter when it's parked, I might take the valve covers off and maybe even the timing cover and polish all the metal on the engine
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 9:53 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
yeah the shit worked great on my catch can... i will have to do it again before the show thanks again... when i do my heads and cam i will have to use it on my valve covers.... they look like shit...

rep for you

are these white spots all over????I need to do something about miine as well
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 10:06 am

yeah all over... this stuff that Adam gave me works amazing...
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2009, 9:57 pm

The covers were originally standard for the '06. I'm missing 3 things in my engine bay that they took off being cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!   Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks to ChiTownHemi!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1