Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mopars At the Park

Go down 
+21
Fidostudio
stairman
Xenon
firestartr420
ChargerSRT
Tom C
jamesv82
jontoad
JacksSRT8
canuhemi
jlg1963
Razor
AlterEgo
vagrant
Hypnotiq
Shawn1112
scarbs
Headtripp
Moparcharger07
moparmarc
eviltrycycle
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 10:02 am

Thought it was just me, traffic on 12 was crazy slow for no reason!!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 3:08 pm

Fidostudio wrote:
Thought it was just me, traffic on 12 was crazy slow for no reason!!

nah, it wasnt just you.... it was crazy slow.... once i got to Sonic (il-22 and 12) i never got back up above 30mph...
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 3:37 pm

jlg1963 wrote:
I am a pretty mello guy but these A-holes made me want to bump them off the road. Crystal just made me smile with the way she handled them. Tom was with us he may may some more to add from his position..

The only thing I saw from my vantage point was a group of bikers, 5 of them were riding slow, another 4 or 5 were tearing it up... The 5 passed crystal on the right, the bitch in front of crystal was moving at a snails pace, so crystal changed lanes. Because the bikers were riding like bastards, she couldnt see 1 of them in her blind spot, so she essentially cut one of em off, which must have pissed off the group of slow bikers.... Red light came, I saw 2 or 3 bikers ride into the shoulder on the right, and then cut crystal off... She didnt take to that to kindly, and she "jumped" up within a few inches of the douchebags who cut her off.... The bikers were being assholes, pacing themselves with the slower cars, and staying in everyone's blind spot... I had one just hanging out in my blind spot, I tried to speed up so i could get him in my mirror, and the fucktard would speed up as well to purposely stay in my blind spot. They were looking for someone to hit them i think...
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 4:11 pm

Unless that guy cloned himself there was only one bike that was up by us when I started to get over. I saw him and stopped changing lanes until he got by me. I was fully stopped at the light for a good 15/20 secs before the rest of their group caught up and the three went around me. If there was a second bike there then totally my bad I never saw him or her but I fully used my mirrors and looked before I went over. I have uncles and cousins that ride so I do my best to look and I know on nice days they are out in force.

I was more worried about them hitting Jim's care then mine.

I might just stay in the driveway until winter now.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 5:06 pm

it wasnt your fault by any means... i even saw you check your blind spot... but when the one dude saw you were going to change lanes, he sped up trying to keep you from getting in front of him...
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 5:08 pm

What a moron! Some people should be beaten just on general principle.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 5:13 pm

fact is, they were the ones in the wrong... I got no problem with those who want to ride, but instead all the "Start Seeing Motorcycles" signs and stickers and shit, maybe the Motorcyclists shouldn't ride like douchebags and they won't get hit... They need to remember that they too need to follow the "rules of the road" just like every other vehicle out there. just cuz you have 2 wheels doesnt mean you have free reign to be an asshole... If someone wants to change lanes, don't block them from it, don't ride inbetween traffic at stop lights so you can take off as soon as the light changes, don't weave in and out of lanes at high speeds, passing between cars and on the shoulders...
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 5:23 pm

Amen to that
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 5:39 pm

You know the hemi can go up and over them quite easily. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 5:41 pm

so, like i said... heres my pictures... i ddnt get any CAMM shots, just snapped a few pictures of the cars I thought looked good. in no particular order...

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2248

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2249

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2250

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2251

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2252

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2253

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2254

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2255

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2256

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2257

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2258

and finally.... The Coux de gras hahaha

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2259

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 DSCN2260
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 7:34 pm

the viper logo thing is very common it was kinda a viral movement from internet forums. in 2002-2003 or so on almost all dodge forums there were threads about how the ram head is a truck logo and shouldn't be used on cars or performance cars. as a result a lot of people went with viper logos. the reasoning was: the car is just as much not a viper as it is not a ram truck. it was the only other dodge badge option in that shape. you have to remember there were no companies like Billet Tech making custom badges back then. the viper logos were made in many colors from the factory and could color match to cars to look better or you could choose your complement color where ram head badges were all chrome and stuck out like a sore thumb.

all of the Chicago Dakota R/T club switched to viper logo's. as a result i have one on my truck as well. it is a red one to match my red factory R/T script logos on the tailgate. it's not an up badge, it was a mass internet protest of the ram head badge.

apparently dodge was listening as they split the brands and invented a different logo for cars a couple years later.
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 7:51 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:

I was more worried about them hitting Jim's care then mine.

Laughing You were worried about the guy belted in 3000 lbs of metal vs a dozen idiots on 2 wheels and no brains. If they would have touched my car it might have turned into Road Bowling. Twisted Evil jocolor
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 9:18 pm

4000lbs actually... Wink Wink... and thanks for that history lesson Jon
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 9:30 pm

Was giving some weight for all the plastic geek
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 10:26 pm

jlg1963 wrote:

Laughing You were worried about the guy belted in 3000 lbs of metal vs a dozen idiots on 2 wheels and no brains. If they would have touched my car it might have turned into Road Bowling. Twisted Evil jocolor

Nope I knew you would be fine, I always worry about the cars when we are travelling in packs. Just takes one fool to mess up and ruin it. I can deal with my car getting smashed to bits but if I ever had to witness any one of you guys cars.... I would lose my mind. Guess I am overprotective like that. Smile

Good pics Tom.
You had me worried, after you posted I sat here and thought about it and was like was I the asshat in this whole thing. The blind spot on the Chargers is a pain for real though.
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 10:32 pm

I appreciate your concern.... Just don't need to worry so much. Cool
I added a round mirror on side mirrors to help with the blind spots.... It helps for sure.

BTW I did not see you cut off any bikes so I think Tom is right on.. they were the just being asshats to you .. Wink
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 10:43 pm

My car inspires asshateritty around it. I can be on the interstate just cruising along and then all of sudden be surrounded by a pack of mini vans and Volvo station wagons that think they are qualifying for the Indy 500 or something.
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 10:53 pm

My statement stands Your actions just made me smile Trophy
They were being jerks..
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 11:39 pm

they were asshats
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2012, 1:29 am

eviltrycycle wrote:
My car inspires asshateritty around it. I can be on the interstate just cruising along and then all of sudden be surrounded by a pack of mini vans and Volvo station wagons that think they are qualifying for the Indy 500 or something.

she said asshateritty!!!
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2012, 1:32 am

Definitely have to try and make this next time...
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2012, 3:55 pm

Bulldog wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:

she said asshateritty!!!

Found this today thought I would share jocolor

Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 Images10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mopars At the Park    Mopars At the Park  - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mopars At the Park
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4