Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage

Go down 
+9
jontoad
Moparcharger07
firestartr420
jesse031081
chicagovich
Hypnotiq
Headtripp
Shawn1112
Illinois Chaos
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage Empty
PostSubject: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 1:46 pm

Almost done! It's still a mess. Stopped by to talk over how the ice box will work. I decided to go the way Andy suggested. The entire system will operate off of a pump that will have a remote switch in the trunk for pumping out all of the water with a flip of a switch. That way it will drain everything in the system and not just the water in the ice box. I'm having a Y splitter installed on the return line at the box so that it will also drain the water from the intercooler and the heat exchanger up front. Just put a bucket underneath the back end and hit a switch. It's really cool!

Here are some quick pics of the progress so far.

Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage Img_0219

Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage Img_0220

Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage Img_0221

Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage Img_0222

Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage Img_0223
rear seat delete
Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage Img_0224
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 1:49 pm

Wow, congrats bro. Almost there, and then the next go fast project will start, lol.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 1:50 pm

Wait what did I miss I thought you were still getting the roll bar with the graphics on it? looks good either way though
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 1:50 pm

What would happen if someone pissed of shit in the ice box????
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 2:07 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Wow, congrats bro. Almost there, and then the next go fast project will start, lol.

The guy I bought the bar from is selling his 392 Inertia stroker motor. Very tempting.

Headtripp wrote:
Wait what did I miss I thought you were still getting the roll bar with the graphics on it? looks good either way though

That one came in damaged. I negotiated this chro moly one with powder coat for the same price as the mild steel bar. This one is way lighter and stronger.

Shawn1112 wrote:
What would happen if someone pissed of shit in the ice box????

Pissing in it would be ok, but putting poop in there and it would run like shit, lol.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 2:08 pm

That's sick. Wow.. I don't think I've seen something like that before.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 2:09 pm

rotflmfao!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 2:12 pm

Man this thing is the real deal; looking pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 2:24 pm

Thanks. My 2 front seats will be removed, for weight savings. Worth 2 tenths at least. I have a Planted seat bracket being delivered to Norm's on Thurs. this week. When that arrives the Kirkey race seat goes in. Then it's pretty much done, for this year. Unless I can't run my number (10.50) every time in t&t before the first race. Then we might rush to plan B, which I may just say screw it, because it involves a NOS system.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 3:41 pm

Looks good dude! When are you planning on going to gld?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 4:50 pm

awesome!!! can't wait to see those time slips!!!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 8:03 pm

Thats fucking badass man!!!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 8:15 pm

i sat next to your seats all day last week. lol.

that cage looks sweet. i will be getting one of those eventually...
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 8:34 pm

So what's happening to your seats?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 9:25 pm

They are coming out. Going into my living room. Maybe put a base on one for a computer chair, lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 9:28 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Looks good dude! When are you planning on going to gld?

The first nice day before Byron opens. I will mostly be hitting Byron from here on out. It's a better hooking track and it's run more professionally.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 7:07 am

looks good tom... what i like about your build is you are doing the work w/ what is needed not just throwing a bunch of stuff together and then realizing oh i need to do this to be safe...oh i need to do this per NHRA rules... you are building this in the right way... good job...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 8:35 am

That looks great Tom!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 9:53 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
looks good tom... what i like about your build is you are doing the work w/ what is needed not just throwing a bunch of stuff together and then realizing oh i need to do this to be safe...oh i need to do this per NHRA rules... you are building this in the right way... good job...

Yeah, there are a lot of things that I want to do, but there are far too many things that I have to do for that.

liljoejoe54 wrote:
That looks great Tom!

Thanks, Joey
Back to top Go down
billygoat91
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 10:01 am

Tom

That looks great! What is the first weekend that you will be at Byron? Also, will it be Saturday or Sunday?

Bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 10:24 am

billygoat91 wrote:
Tom

That looks great! What is the first weekend that you will be at Byron? Also, will it be Saturday or Sunday?

Bill

I'm planning on April, 7th. Saturday and it's opening day for t&t.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage   Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Ice Box and Roll Cage
Page 1 of 1