Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To clean the engine bay?

Go down 
+2
BigM
Bulldog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

To clean the engine bay? Empty
PostSubject: To clean the engine bay?   To clean the engine bay? I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 3:51 am

What does anyone use to clean their engine bay? I wasn't for sure if there was something specific that everyone prefered to use to clean their engine bay... Or if you guys just powerwashed it...Thanks
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: To clean the engine bay?   To clean the engine bay? I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 7:49 am

Simple Green works well just don't get it on aluminum parts. I'm no detailing expert others will chime in but I use the sprayer at a car wash on the low setting don't want to force water into any place it shouldn't be!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: To clean the engine bay?   To clean the engine bay? I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 10:53 am

Wet the motor down to remove and loose dirt, spray it down with simple green. Let it sit a few minutes and clean it off with the hose. Don't let the simple green dry!! After clean the areas that still have dirt with simple green and a rag. After that I blow all the water off with my compressor and towel dry. I wouldn't do it in this weather though, unless you are putting it in a heated garage for a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: To clean the engine bay?   To clean the engine bay? I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 10:54 am

Also don't use simple green at full strength, dilute with water 60/40 with the 60% being simple green.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: To clean the engine bay?   To clean the engine bay? I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 12:07 pm

Another tip if you've got a nasty engine bay is to use a paint brush to work and loosen the gunk once you wet it down with simple green.

That works well to get into crevices that a rag won't really get into.
Back to top Go down
BrokeMJG
CAMM Rookie
BrokeMJG

PostSubject: Re: To clean the engine bay?   To clean the engine bay? I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2012, 9:23 pm

i could be wrong but i think you do not want to power wash. Just use a hose or a hose w/nozzle that has a shower setting.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: To clean the engine bay?   To clean the engine bay? I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2012, 10:29 pm

X2 dont power wash
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: To clean the engine bay?   To clean the engine bay? I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2012, 8:43 am

It's really no big deal man as long as you don't spray directly on the electronic components. Some products I use are Adams Polishes General Purpose Cleaner or Black Magic 2 in 1 Engine Cleaner with a Boars hair brush. If you do it yourself you will save yourself some money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To clean the engine bay?   To clean the engine bay? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To clean the engine bay?
Page 1 of 1