Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeRegisterLog in

Hey I am a new guy!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrokeMJG
CAMM Rookie
BrokeMJG

Hey I am a new guy! Empty
PostSubject: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 9:32 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Mike from Sandwich, IL. For those that don't know where that is it is about 15 mins west of Yorkville. I was told to join this Forum site by jontoad. I actually didn't know this site existed. I was on a forum that is country wide and was kinda looking for a site that is more dedicated to the chicagoland area. Or at least Illinois. I purchased my '11 Bright White Charger R/T 5.7 on August 8th of 2011. I love this car and can't stay out of it. Im not much of a gear head but I am learning. Thanks for having me and see ya out there.

Tx Mike.

Hey I am a new guy! Charge11
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 9:37 pm

Welcome, sweet fucking ride!!! Any plans to tint the windows??? I think white cars with tints look great.

Hey I am a new guy! 1236920_10151644188979537_407418136_n
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 10:17 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 10:33 pm

Awesome Charger and Welcome to CAMM!
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 10:46 pm

hello

Quote :
I am Mike from Sandwich, IL. For those that don't know where that is it is about 15 mins west of Yorkville

where is Yorkville?
bill
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 11:06 pm

funkpolice wrote:
hello

Quote :
I am Mike from Sandwich, IL. For those that don't know where that is it is about 15 mins west of Yorkville

where is Yorkville?
bill

yorkville is by sandwich
Back to top Go down
BrokeMJG
CAMM Rookie
BrokeMJG

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 12:14 am

funkpolice wrote:
hello

Quote :

where is Yorkville?
bill

haha... i am about 25mins southwest of Aurora. I see your from Orland Park. I worked at 143rd and LaGrange all last year on the reconstruction of the roads.
Back to top Go down
BrokeMJG
CAMM Rookie
BrokeMJG

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 12:14 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
Welcome, sweet fucking ride!!! Any plans to tint the windows??? I think white cars with tints look great.

worried of the strick Illinois laws on that. Cant really do much tint right?
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 2:25 am

BrokeMJG wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Someone else can chime in if my info isn't correct...But Illinois changed their tint laws a few years ago...If the vehicle doesn't have any tint from the factory...I think you can do 35% tint all the way around...But if your vehicle came with factory tint on the back like my truck...You're only supposed to do 50% on the front windows...My truck came with 20% on the back window and doors...I had 35% applied to the front doors and visor across the windshield...A lot of people on here prefer 20% all around...If I have to do mine again...I'll go with the 20% on the front too...I've had mine done for a little over a year and have not had one issue and its a daily driver...

O...And welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 7:47 am

Welcome I think I have seen you Around Yorkville recently. Sweet Ride stands out in a parking lot for sure waves
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 9:18 am

Welcome to CAMM !!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 10:15 am

Yes u can tint up to 35% all the way around

Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 10:30 am

up to 35 percent all around like Shawn said, but if you go under 35 percent on the rears then you can not tint the front at all.

since i have 3 percent on my back 3 i can't tint my fronts.

factory tint percent does not effect the law, only total amount of tint on the window does. factory tint is almost always 35%.

SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
BrokeMJG
CAMM Rookie
BrokeMJG

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 10:43 am

Bulldog wrote:
BrokeMJG wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Someone else can chime in if my info isn't correct...But Illinois changed their tint laws a few years ago...If the vehicle doesn't have any tint from the factory...I think you can do 35% tint all the way around...But if your vehicle came with factory tint on the back like my truck...You're only supposed to do 50% on the front windows...My truck came with 20% on the back window and doors...I had 35% applied to the front doors and visor across the windshield...A lot of people on here prefer 20% all around...If I have to do mine again...I'll go with the 20% on the front too...I've had mine done for a little over a year and have not had one issue and its a daily driver...

O...And welcome!!!

Thanks I will look into this.

jlg1963 wrote:
Welcome I think I have seen you Around Yorkville recently. Sweet Ride stands out in a parking lot for sure waves

Yea every once in a while I might be in Yorkville. If you see me again say hello.

stairman wrote:
Welcome to CAMM !!

Thanks!

jontoad wrote:
up to 35 percent all around like Shawn said, but if you go under 35 percent on the rears then you can not tint the front at all.

since i have 3 percent on my back 3 i can't tint my fronts.

factory tint percent does not effect the law, only total amount of tint on the window does. factory tint is almost always 35%.

So when you say 35% all around that includes windshield and back window??
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 11:05 am

you windshield can not be tinted at all.

SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 11:23 am

Nice Charger Mike! Welcome to CAMM Very Happy
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 11:27 am

Hey Welcome to CAMM!!! Nice Car!!!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 11:56 am

Welcome to CAMM. Thanks for signing up.

You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicagolandAreaModernMopars

Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 2:02 pm

jontoad wrote:
you windshield can not be tinted at all.
Yes it can, just dont get caught. A few of us have the whole windshield done

Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 2:45 pm

lol. obviously Shawn, but we were talking about the actual Illinois laws.

Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 6:50 pm

35% all around...front view
Hey I am a new guy! 37745313
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 6:53 pm

i passed several policeman and nothing happened.it's really light during the day and with them all done it, kinda even's it out.my co-worker has 20% down on four window's and back and he got pulled over and the polieman didnt even write him
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 7:57 pm

Welcome, I haven't seen too many new generation Chargers in white it looks good. Here is a tip, if you every hang out with CAMM folks don't park next to Shawn. I've only ever met CAMM folks once and I parked next to his ride and my car was invisible Smile

Once you make a mod it is a slippery slope!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey I am a new guy!   Hey I am a new guy! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey I am a new guy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: