Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....

Go down 
+7
eviltrycycle
vagrant
firestartr420
liljoejoe54
jontoad
Shawn1112
bogieboy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... Empty
PostSubject: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 11:12 pm

Well i guess i have become somewhat of a guitar collector as well as a player..... Is 7 guitars too many? Heres a quick shot of my bedroom....

CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... 20120217_181217
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 11:15 pm

I play with my cock, does that count????
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 11:21 pm

No... Playing your skin flute doesnt count....
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 11:52 pm

I had 3. Gave my acoustic to my friend. Now I have a shitty Johnson electric I play and a signed Dave Mustaine dean signature flying V that I don't touch.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 12:02 am

Nice..... Pics of what you have?

Mine are of varying from total cheapo shit to worth fucktons...LOL we shall start with the fucktons... Left most guitar on the wall (not the banjo... Thats just a pos cheapo) is my pride and joy, custom built by myself martin d28... I have over 135 hrs into the build and tweaks that i uave done to that guitar... Next to that is a 80s sigma dm3, then the shittiest guitar i own (by price only, plays very well and has decent tone...i also added electronics to it, ibanez ijv50, then my harmony sovriegn, a cheapo rogue mandolin and an old korean made victoria x37.

On the couch is my other pride and joy on the left, a mid to late sixties conrad es330. Bought that one off ebay with a bunch of issues, fixed it up and converted it to p90s, now worth 5-10x what i paid for it... And my ibanez electric... Not great but not bad either....
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 12:05 am

Oh and if anyone wants to give away a guitar my arms are more than open to accept it....
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 1:14 am

I play a little but pretty much suck. I have an old kramer guitar, not sure of the model but I was told it was halfway decent.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 9:50 am

i did a little dabbling with the guitar, but I dont have one and was never very good at it. I was however a Trumpet Player for nearly 15 years back during my school days. I have 3 trumpets, one is really cool called a "Pocket Trumpet", which is just a standard trumpet rolled around a bunch more times to make it look smaller... just a little larger than my hand...
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 12:08 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
i did a little dabbling with the guitar, but I dont have one and was never very good at it. I was however a Trumpet Player for nearly 15 years back during my school days. I have 3 trumpets, one is really cool called a "Pocket Trumpet", which is just a standard trumpet rolled around a bunch more times to make it look smaller... just a little larger than my hand...
still not as cool as the one i picked up back in december....LOL its from the 1870s...

CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... 20120114_165555

I did 99% of the restoration work on it as well.... I also have a top of the line Blessing, a piccolo trumpet, and a helmke silver baritone... Been playing since 4th grade, and have been gigging with a singing group for about 4 years now...
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 12:13 pm

My workhorse is a Fender 50th Anniversary Lonestar Strat (USA).
CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... IMG_0974

I also have a Fender Toronado, Seagull Acoustic and a Squire P-Bass that don't get played much.

For recording I play through a Stephenson Custom 20 head and an Avatar Vintage 2x12 loaded with Alnico Blues. For shows I play through a Marshall JCM 900 2X12 combo.

And then there are the pedals...but I won't go into that unless provoked Razz

Hear my rig @ www.mismeasure.com

personally I don't think you can ever have too many guitars..but finding the time to play them all could be difficult Razz

Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 12:43 pm

^ very nice!

I wanna here all you guys play even Joey who sucks. We have to guitars in the house, they are Matt's. They live in their cases. I have always wanted to learn to play though so I guess I have that option now.

I took 6 years of piano, the only time I ever get to play now is when I am visiting my parents back in Florida, and you all know how often that happens.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 12:53 pm

Well you wanna hear? LOL here ya go....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMrk1RRyasg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuX22IoSGAI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 12:57 pm

vagrant wrote:
My workhorse is a Fender 50th Anniversary Lonestar Strat (USA).
CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... IMG_0974

I also have a Fender Toronado, Seagull Acoustic and a Squire P-Bass that don't get played much.

For recording I play through a Stephenson Custom 20 head and an Avatar Vintage 2x12 loaded with Alnico Blues. For shows I play through a Marshall JCM 900 2X12 combo.

And then there are the pedals...but I won't go into that unless provoked Razz

Hear my rig @ www.mismeasure.com

personally I don't think you can ever have too many guitars..but finding the time to play them all could be difficult Razz

haha nice setup... I have never been a huge fender fan, but to each thier own...LOL i dont have a big amp or anythimg... Just a lil bugera V5 all tube job....but it gets the job done....

Now... Lets hear about those pedals bro.... punish
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 10:11 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

As long as you make beautiful music I'd say yes, although I can't imagine it making much of any sound unless you're using both hands and the two sets of tweezers hit each other.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 10:20 pm

ZING!
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 1:42 am

BigM wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

As long as you make beautiful music I'd say yes, although I can't imagine it making much of any sound unless you're using both hands and the two sets of tweezers hit each other.

lol!
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2012, 5:37 pm

ok... so i been busy with my guits lately...LOL that blue one, no longer blue... did a total refinish/veneer with highly figured walnut.... how it sits right now on my workbench.... almost done with the bindings on it....only took 9 hrs of labor to get them bindings in....LOL still filling a few small imperfections, then need to level out the bindings with the side of the guitar....

CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... 20120902_154413
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2012, 5:40 pm

also added another trumpet to the collection... a 1930s Elkhart Bandmaster Artist series... needed a little work but all in all, a great find... plays like a dream, and has an awesome sound to it... all much thicker metal than the currently made horns, so it has a bit of a darker tone to it... i have to go to my buddies house and grab the cd he has waiting for me of the concert i played it at in june, and will eventually upload a sound clip of one (or all) of my solos....LOL

CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... 20120331_205152
CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... 20120331_205211

next to my workhorse Blessing ML1S.... you can see the way horns have changed over the past 80 yrs....

CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... 20120331_230308

and a nice shot of the engraving on the bell...

CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... 20120331_205142

and yes, that is supposed to be a matte finish... that was part of the artist series... one of the first factory bead blasted finishes ever used....
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2012, 7:55 pm

Nice collection Kent! I had a Strat and loved it. Aside from that I know how to play the piano and I'm picking up the harmonica right now. Though looking at some acoustics you have makes me want to get one again and play both the guitar and harmonica...one man band status.
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2012, 9:51 pm

Haha i used to rock harmonica, but havent in a while.... I also added a jet black dean vendetta to the fold, not sure whatd gonna happen with that yet, if its gonna be used for parts or if its gonna get a new body in a frankenstein sort of way and be a very interesting 24fret guitar.... Gotra think on the possibilities for that....
Back to top Go down
moparmarc
CAMM Pro
moparmarc

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2012, 2:35 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

As long as you dont collect other cocks and have them hanging in your bedroom... Stop
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2012, 2:54 pm

moparmarc wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

As long as you dont collect other cocks and have them hanging in your bedroom... Stop

Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....   CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMM guitarists? or any other instruments for that matter....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Photo and Video Sharing-
Jump to: