Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daytona gets bent at 142 mph

Go down 
+4
Headtripp
Bulldog
jontoad
BigM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

Daytona gets bent at 142 mph Empty
PostSubject: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2012, 10:19 pm

I hope this isn't anyone we know:

Charger crash at 142 mph

The story makes me laugh when they say the engine was "large" in the 5.7 liter range!

Thjs version shows two pics, amazing that he lived:

Nasty Crash
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2012, 10:49 pm

yea... he must have been pretty drunk, that's not the kinda road section that can support that kind of speed. not to mention its a turn right there, which he obviously didn't make the turn. also the fact that its a block from the police station.

on a plus side look at what he walked away from. safe cars for sure.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2012, 11:49 pm

Ouch...And I'm all for speed in the appropriate areas...But 142 in a 40 mph zone is not one of them...Not saying I've never done something stupid in a residential area...But I was 17...A little older and wiser now...And after seeing those couple of pics...To say he was lucky is definitely an under statement...
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2012, 8:43 am

It is possible he was traveling at a high rate of speed but maybe when the car was airborne the wheels spun faster making the computer think the speed was faster. Besides without the predator aren't they limited to like 120? Just my theory But hell yeah the dood survived
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2012, 12:38 pm

Daytonas by default have the Road and Track Performance Package which ups the limit to 145 MPH IIRC. Regular R/T cars are limited at like 120 because of the stock tires.

The way that car was torn up with the engine landing in a different parking lot I don't doubt he was going that fast. Not sure how the "little black box" works though you could be correct.

He must not be familiar with that stretch because as pointed out there is a turn there that you can't take at 142!

His BAC was reported as 0.2 which is pretty drunk.

I think he can sell the cargo net on Ebay unless that got cut up too!
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 9:13 am

Sounds like someone we don't really need in the gene pool! I think most of that will buff right out.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 9:18 am

BigM wrote:
Daytonas by default have the Road and Track Performance Package which ups the limit to 145 MPH IIRC. Regular R/T cars are limited at like 120 because of the stock tires.

The way that car was torn up with the engine landing in a different parking lot I don't doubt he was going that fast. Not sure how the "little black box" works though you could be correct.

He must not be familiar with that stretch because as pointed out there is a turn there that you can't take at 142!

Isnt the legal limit 0.8
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 10:25 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
BigM wrote:

Isnt the legal limit 0.8

It is 0.08 I think it used to be 0.1 before they lowered it. So he was over twice the legal limit.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 10:28 am

that dude is an idiot.i mean i'm not an angel but 142 drunk,that's crazy and hopefully he learned his lesson.i would be up for buying his cargo net ........
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 6:34 pm

Why do people who are unskilled behind the wheel always try to drive fast?? I have had my car up to 170 without issue even got airborne at 140 with no issues...but I know how to drive...I guess the moral of the story is don't do it if ya don't know how!
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 6:36 pm

Oh and unskilled drunk dah dumbass I wouldn't do that reactions are to slow when drunk not to mention your perception... Donk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daytona gets bent at 142 mph   Daytona gets bent at 142 mph I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daytona gets bent at 142 mph
Page 1 of 1