Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

n.o.s wet kit

Go down 
+9
stairman
1_bad_TA
Headtripp
jontoad
Illinois Chaos
eviltrycycle
Okie6.1
firestartr420
inkedup
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 12:19 pm

will this hurt my car in the long run if used sparingly
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 12:32 pm

if you install it yourself... most likely yes...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 12:37 pm

ha ha .....no id have it profes. done
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 1:05 pm

If you use it properly and don't do anything dumb with it you'll be fine. Research research research it know what it does and how you can use it. On a 5.7 you can safely do a 100 shot with the proper set up and safety measure for your motor. The average person with average mechanical ability can install it themselves but for you leave it to the professionals. Nitrous outlet makes kit specifically for our cars and are good guys to bounce ideas and learn from. The system I am looking at is about $1700 for all that is needed to run safely. Don't use fast and furious as your base for nitrous knowledge.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 1:11 pm

thank's for the info
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 1:16 pm

Check out the nitrous section on lxforums for a wealth of info on nitrous and hemi's
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 1:24 pm

there are alot of different kits on there...and if i do this i wanna get a dual purge kit.....looks sweet on youtube...
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 1:34 pm

Purge isn't what I'd base my kit off of. You can purge however you want. I am going with the nitrous outlet plate kit. Offers clean install and good atomization of fuel and nitrous together.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 1:38 pm

i saw that one it was like 800 -900 i wonder what a good install would run
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 1:48 pm

Probably about 500-1000 dependent on who does it. Or you could set up a mod day and invite others over to help you out. That kit won't include safety items you'll need to run safely FPSS switch, window switch, blown down tube, n2o pressure guage, colder heat range spark plugs. Trust me do some more research before doing anything. Figure out why you want n2o. Is it cause you want to go faster at the track? Or look cool at car show gas you have it on your ride? Racer or ricer? If you want it just for looks just purchase a kit that allows you to purge it kinda gay in my opinion but it's up to you.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 1:51 pm

i want it for power trip's and take her to the track every once in awhile......and to have it at the light when some jag off want's to play......
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 2:19 pm

Yeah your probably gonna break something.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 2:20 pm

lol........i wont abuse the power............"ish"
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 2:21 pm

I have a bottle holder in my garage if you do this.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 2:26 pm

You can easily break something it just takes on mistake and your charger would be toast. You spray off the line I guarantee you'll break something. Listen or don't listen I'll enjoy the stories of your success or demise and I'm a little to far too to help bail you out of jail.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 2:49 pm

My ex was way over careful setting his up and he had 2 big backfires, the last resulted in a full engine overheul. Its not something to take lightly.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 5:03 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 5:39 pm

if you do get a kit, whatever you do, do not lift while spraying and then stomp it again. that's when you get intake backfires. it pools in the intake and ignites when you get back on it again.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 5:44 pm

Just get a few cans of air duster and use them as fake purge. Otherwise your gonna fuck something up especially with your track record Razz
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 7:48 pm

im not all in it for the purge i thought that was cool looking im not thinking about the system for looks.i cant talk right now im breaking my dashboard ...lol
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2012, 1:24 pm

and it was such a nice car too....
Back to top Go down
1_bad_TA
CAMM Rookie
1_bad_TA

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2012, 9:07 am

Are you actually considering this and what is your definition of "sparingly"?

You can go many different ways with a NOS system. It can be dry or wet. You could have the computer compensate for fuel on a dry setup. On most wet setups you can tap into the stock fuel system. With more advanced wet systems, either single nozzle/dual nozzle/plate nos setup, you can set it up with a standalone fuel system thats independent of the car. Meaning you have a small remote fuel tank/cell, fuel pump, and regulater just for the nos system. With any NOS system, you should always consider upgrading your fuel system. Another thing you want to do, is run a step or two "colder" spark plug. Running a colder plug helps prevent detination.
Back to top Go down
1_bad_TA
CAMM Rookie
1_bad_TA

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2012, 9:08 am

Me personally, I have a two stage Cold Fusion 90MM plate NOS system and a Cold Fusion standalone fuel system along with the needed fuel system upgrades waiting to go in.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2012, 11:24 am

With our cars you have to use a wet system since we have no maf sensor.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2012, 4:26 pm

I've known a lot of guys that ran Nos on stock motors. Most of them sent their pistons to places they weren't supposed to go. If you wanted to forge the pistons it would be safer for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

n.o.s wet kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: n.o.s wet kit   n.o.s wet kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

n.o.s wet kit
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: