Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Added another Mopar to the Family

Go down 
+4
Shawn1112
stairman
eviltrycycle
vagrant
8 posters
AuthorMessage
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

Added another Mopar to the Family Empty
PostSubject: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 7:58 pm

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4. Its a V8 and yes, it can do burnouts (hopefully get a video of that soon Razz)!

Added another Mopar to the Family IMG_0991

Thanks for the tires jontoad!

Anyone have any suggestions for HIDs? I'd like to get a conversion kit for this thing so I can see at night.

-vagrant
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 8:08 pm

Congrats on the purchase. I used to have a 96 myself and I think there might be random parts in my garage. I will take a look and see if I can find anything you might be able to use on it.
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 8:10 pm

Awesome! Thanks Crystal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 8:18 pm

Too bad I got rid of the one set of Jeep rims I had, they would have looked nice on that. I am pretty sure there is a radio out there and misc trim pieces. Will let you know later in the week.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 9:19 pm

Very nice Tom!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 6:32 am

I also had a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I will say this, it was the best Suv I owned and most comfortable. I think we drove down to Florida a couple of times with the kids. We drove straight thru and I was never uncomfortable! They do have 1 common problem, not sure the name of the part. But if your in front of the vehicle look underneath and you will see something that looks like a shock but its horizontal. That is known to go bad, very easy fix though. You will know when it goes bad, you will hit a dip in the road and it will feel like the fucking wheels are going to fall off, lol.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 4:07 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I also had a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I will say this, it was the best Suv I owned and most comfortable. I think we drove down to Florida a couple of times with the kids. We drove straight thru and I was never uncomfortable! They do have 1 common problem, not sure the name of the part. But if your in front of the vehicle look underneath and you will see something that looks like a shock but its horizontal. That is known to go bad, very easy fix though. You will know when it goes bad, you will hit a dip in the road and it will feel like the fucking wheels are going to fall off, lol.

i know what you're talking about. Its the outer tie rod i believe. Its been called the DEATH WOBBLE. My brothers jeep did the same thing. Also, the crankshaft position sensor is a common problem too and its not a very easy fix, and isnt really easy to diagnose. So if your jeep ever fails to start, check the crankshaft position sensor!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 4:16 pm

Dont believe its the outer tie rod. Its an actual shock thats sits horizontol.
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 6:43 pm

Thanks Guys. I've had some work done on it already to make sure its ready for winter..so far it's been very solid mechanically. Its got some interesting electrical issues but nothing that's not easily remedied or is something I can go without.

Xenon and a friend put new brake pads and rotors on it.
Had a shop put a new front driveshaft in and all new u joints around.
Jontoad's shop put new tires on it.

Transfer case is solid, transmission is solid, suspension is solid, engine is solid. No rust.

I still wanna put HIDs on it and the interior needs some cleaning up but overall I got it for a steal!
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 8:12 pm

Just took another looky at your new ride....would look great with MOPAR hoodpins!! What do ya think??
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 10:34 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Ours had the same issue but it was an easy fix.
Tom you should bought mine when we were selling it doh
Back to top Go down
Xenon
CAMM Member
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 11:12 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Tom you should bought mine when we were selling it doh

What year
How much
How many miles
(at that time) Smile
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2011, 11:58 am

Real nice snowmobile lol should be lots of fun this winter and next summer off road!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2012, 11:13 am

Hey dude found some stuff, can you send me a pic of your engine bay and I can see if any of this stuff will work for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Added another Mopar to the Family   Added another Mopar to the Family I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Added another Mopar to the Family
Page 1 of 1