Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hello from a 94cruiser

Go down 
+3
stairman
inkedup
94cruiser
7 posters
AuthorMessage
94cruiser
CAMM Member

hello from a 94cruiser Empty
PostSubject: hello from a 94cruiser   hello from a 94cruiser I_icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 10:51 pm

Hi.

I drive a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT.
The car is pretty well equipped with EVIC, dual climate, sunroof, power pedals, side curtain airbags.
Missing are the roof rack and navi.
I purchased the car last year and this is my first black car.

Mods are:
- SRT8 and/or Daytona intake
- SE headlights and grille
- Bilstein shocks / struts, Mopar lowering springs, hotchkis bars
- Black pocket 18" rims

Future mods / wants / wishes (way down the road)
- HIDs
- sunroof tinted (slightly)
- driver a pillar spotlight (if I can get the hardware kit and a popo tailored shop to drill)
- would like to get a little growl with Magnaflow
- would like to get rid of some of the gray interior (install dark slate gray doorpanels)

My sig calls for my old girl 1994 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 police package originally in service for Noblesville, IN PD which purchased 9 Caprice cruisers for 94 model year. The car was retired at around 70K (very low) and purchased by a local GM dealer parts guru. I saw the car during one of the local meets and my jaw dropped how clean it was. Months later the dude traded it in and two days later I bought it. My first time at the track she ran 14.7 @ 92 with a K&N stock filter and some mufflers.
The best and cleanest car by far I've ever had and I know (unless I get a new ride) the cleanest car I'll ever have.
Long live the opti.
The optispark was the weak point of the LT1 motor, total pita to replace.
Fully retired at 100,8xx as she was parked and some dumb ass drunk slid into it totalling it.
Of course I got way less for it than it was worth as the adjuster saw it as "an old retired cop car".
Thruth was the old girl ran great and had only some frame rust.

After owning several Caprice cars, last one was being an older model being a true gas guzzler I finally bit the bullet and bought something newer. The Magnum with it's slanted rear hatch is no Caprice wagon but the extra room gives it a nice utility feature.
My 1995 Caprice station wagon was turned into a sleeper with the swap of the 4speed auto and 2.56 rear for a T56 and 4.10 posi. Unfortunately because the work was home fabbed after a few months she developed symptoms of not disengaging fully. Lack of funds had me park the car awaiting better times and drive my '89 Caprice which was stolen from me and about 6 months later discovered re vinned etc by state trooper.
Long story short I miss full body on frame V8 power. I had an econobox earlier and got broadsided and after that I wanted to get the biggest auto I could afford. That's how I got started with my Chevys.

Body on frame is gone now, and I had a rental Charger and liked it, but did miss the extra storage of a wagon.
I decided a Magnum would be my next vehicle...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: hello from a 94cruiser   hello from a 94cruiser I_icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 10:54 pm

if your not happy with your interior panels,look into hydro dipping graphic's.....jus say'n
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: hello from a 94cruiser   hello from a 94cruiser I_icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 11:05 pm

Welcome to Camm!! I think you'll love the magnum as much or more than your caprices.

Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: hello from a 94cruiser   hello from a 94cruiser I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 8:10 am

welcome to camm
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: hello from a 94cruiser   hello from a 94cruiser I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2012, 11:58 am

Welcome to CAMM! Thanks for signing up.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: hello from a 94cruiser   hello from a 94cruiser I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2012, 12:35 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Welcome to CAMM! Thanks for signing up.

Kinda belated no? lol He's still good people and a cool friend!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: hello from a 94cruiser   hello from a 94cruiser I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2012, 12:39 pm

I've been slacking off on my welcomes and reps, trying to catch up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: hello from a 94cruiser   hello from a 94cruiser I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 3:21 pm

You're the dude that was too busy to pick up free lug nuts from me (on LXForum)! Welcome.

I had a '96 Impala SS love the old B-body... my Opti blew up too just like everyone else when the water pump fails... great design!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from a 94cruiser   hello from a 94cruiser I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello from a 94cruiser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: