Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!

Go down 
+23
AlterEgo
Fidostudio
Headtripp
JacksSRT8
Hypnotiq
northsiderz
HemiMag
ChiTownHemi
The Black Stig
firestartr420
vagrant
AR-15QUEEN
mwa145
Shawn1112
VIKES4093
jontoad
liljoejoe54
Illinois Chaos
Okie6.1
Pomps
jesse031081
eviltrycycle
Moparcharger07
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 4:49 pm

Well, something happened to my car AGAIN................ It changed to a different color!!!!!!!

After thinking about it ALOT after the accident, I decided to take on the task of changing it up. Decided to wrap the whole friggin car matte black, cause we all know blending metallic paint will NEVER be perfect, so I figured screw it, it's time for change. Not an easy task AT ALL, especially since we're all so picky with our cars, I could've just wrapped it real quick, but I wanted to cover all the bases and try to do it detail orientated. So no more blue fender LoL

Probably want some pictures huh?? LOL

All naked
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2331
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2333
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2337
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2332

Wrapping it
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2338
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2340
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2339
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2343
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2341
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2345
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2351

What a pain in the ass seriously though, I think I pulled most of my hair out, then wanted to punch myself in the face for deciding to do it LOL But now I'm glad I did, cause it turned out pretty good. I ended up leaving the grill, rims, and spoiler gloss black, thought it added a nice little touch...

Went and shot some pics today, I JUST got done last night, I still have some little stuff I wanna do, but for the most part, I'm done with the majority of it

Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2353
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2354
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2355
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2356
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2366

Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2362
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2361
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2364
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2365
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2358
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2360
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2367
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2357

Some little details I was talking about, did the fenders all the way
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2369
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2368

The top pf the fascia
Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! 000_2371

Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 4:51 pm

OMG it looks SO awesome! You did a GREAT job kiddo.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 5:06 pm

pretty cool bro!
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 5:09 pm

Looks fucking SICK adam! Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 5:12 pm

That looks awesome! Good job Adam I'm really digging it.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 5:14 pm

Fast 5 looks for sure, Adam. Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 5:58 pm

DUDE THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!! Great job on the install bro! How many hours do you think it took you to finish?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 6:01 pm

looks good adam! (tom if your wondering, this is why we were trying to talk you out of doing it, adam already was...lol.)
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 6:50 pm

amazing!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 7:03 pm

Adam can I steal your pics and put them on the CAMM FB page?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 7:11 pm

just curious why did you put the plate holder back on?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 7:34 pm

Texted Adam and he said I could. Here is the album I made for him for those not on Facebook.

Adam's Facebook Album
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 7:36 pm

Wow!!!!! Holy shit bro that looks great, and I'm sure pics do no justice.
Like someone else asked how many hrs do you think it took?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 7:37 pm

Ok the album has been up like 5 mins and people are loving it Adam. One guys want to know how much it cost. You might be starting a trend. Smile
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 7:38 pm

DAMN!!!!!!!! HOW much did you spend on the vinyl? i was thinking of doing these to protect my paint during the winter. ive heard people also just used plasti dip but ehhhh .
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 7:45 pm

LOVE IT!!!!! AMAZING job!!! Rock On
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 9:16 pm

I put the plate holder back on cause it was totally visisble where it was, with the holes in the bumper and all, trust me, I would have loved to leave it off.

As for the cost, it was right around a a grand for all the materials, it's the most expensive and in demand on the market these days, plus it's ALOT off vinyl, 60 inches by around 50-70 feet!!

As for the hours, I lost count to be honest, I started keeping track, but with my work schedule, some days I was out till 1 am, with only a couple hours after dinner to work on it, if I didn't work I coulda had it done in a day or two probably, but it took around 2 weeks to totally get it finished.

Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 9:20 pm

Wuuuut!? Sick! fuckin nice Adam!

-vagrant
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 9:21 pm

Thanks A I will share with those that are asking. BlackStig was asking about a car too will have him PM you.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 9:29 pm

Holy Crap Adam, that looks BADASS!!!!! way to go!!!! awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 9:33 pm

Next up, window tints are a MUST now
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 10:10 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
Next up, window tints are a MUST now

Bring it buy bud I'm just down the road !!!!!!

I'd do limo on all side windows and then 35% on the front and back windshield, this is not legal but is easily avoidable Pull over? let the windows down...

Also....

YGPM
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 10:17 pm

don't mean to jack the thread or anything, but Black Stig, what do you know about and/or would charge to tint the windows on the 2011's. Its got dual layer glass throughout the entire car, heard i need a special tint that "reflects" heat as opposed to absorbing it, if you could, PM me what you know... and now, Back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 10:32 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
don't mean to jack the thread or anything, but Black Stig, what do you know about and/or would charge to tint the windows on the 2011's. Its got dual layer glass throughout the entire car, heard i need a special tint that "reflects" heat as opposed to absorbing it, if you could, PM me what you know... and now, Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

This makes no sense, Glass does not adsorb heat at all it's horrible holding in cool air or heat, NOW if it had some sort material sandwiched between the glass it would reflect the sun's UV rays and some of the heat, the addition of tint would only aid in this.

We use madico tint (http://www.madico.com/) it's the same stuff that's used on high risers
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2011, 12:09 am

no no no... the TINT absorbs or reflects the heat or something like that. Something about the tint that absorbs the heat, causes the two pieces of glass to seperate from each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!   Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something happened to my car AGAIN!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: