Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom goes to OH

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 12:29 am

My favorite of the Mopar shows. I'll be racing at the LX Nats in Ohio that week end with Mr. Norm's crew.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 1:02 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
My favorite of the Mopar shows. I'll be racing at the LX Nats in Ohio that week end with Mr. Norm's crew.

GL Tom we will miss you but know you will have much more fun in OH. Smile
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 3:04 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Well doesn't that figure! I was going to go this year again but decided not to. Have a great time Tom. Lots of wonderful folks there! Smile
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 4:24 pm

chargerchick wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Well doesn't that figure! I was going to go this year again but decided not to. Have a great time Tom. Lots of wonderful folks there! Smile

Well I might be sleeping in the trailor for the weekend. It's up in the air right now for the Mr. Norm's crew. Tim has a booboo and can't race. (He's a big puss anyway) So he won't go if he can't race. (little suckwiper) nanner
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 11:39 pm

I just got back from the LX Nats. 1000 miles round trip. Ruble broke on his first hit. I crewed for him and suggested that he take it easy on the first pass. Well, he didn't take my advice and hit the tires hard. Went about 10 ft. and hit the rev limiter then shifted to second and hit it again. He had to get towed off the track. Some people on the LX are saying he blew the 8.8 BB rear, but I crawled under there and it looks like the driver side outside seal on the half shaft is blown out. A nice chunk of it was laying on the left side of the track when he hit the tires hard leaving.

I made 2 qualifying passes in the same lane (left) and it really sucked. I 60 footed .2 more than usual and ran one to 2 tenths slower. They were running a .500 pro tree and I deep staged and red lighted. So I shallow staged in my first race and red lighted and broke out by almost a tenth. Put the cars back on the trailer and headed out.

I'd post this in the track section but alot of stuff disappeared a few days ago. so I can only reply to current threads. WTF?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 12:15 am

Nothing has been moved out of the track section as far as I know I will look into it Tom.

Glad you are back safe and sucks about him breaking.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 1:18 am

Tom I split these posts off from the show thread into its own thread. Also checked and nothing has been removed from the track section in a long time so let me know what is missing and we will figure out what is going on.

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 7:37 pm

Almost everything is gone on my side. the forums quote edit, everything gone.

Here is a pic of one of my burnouts from the bracket races at the LX Nationals. Second only to Ruble, who's burnout would make John Force cry.

Tom goes to OH Lxn_bo11

I can't even post pics now. Oh well. Off we go
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 8:48 pm

Wow Tom that's a very nice picture. Wish it wouldve gone better
For you guys but season is not over Smile
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 6:29 pm

HemiMag wrote:

Thanks, Ivan. That's racing and I'm not disappointed in the losing effort. I doubt I will ever go back there though. Some people aren't too friendly there.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 9:59 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
HemiMag wrote:

Thanks, Ivan. That's racing and I'm not disappointed in the losing effort. I doubt I will ever go back there though. Some people aren't too friendly there.

Really Tom? I found most everyone to be friendly. Sorry to hear that. Sad
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 10:21 pm

chargerchick wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
HemiMag wrote:

Really Tom? I found most everyone to be friendly. Sorry to hear that. Sad

In general, people were nice. Just a certain "click" thought they were the shit.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 11:44 pm

Hmmm. I think I have an idea who you are talking about. I've heard that from others too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tom goes to OH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom goes to OH   Tom goes to OH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom goes to OH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: At the Track-
Jump to: