Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It was bound to happen......

Go down 
+22
TgTwist
Dartboy
northsiderz
sak9880
AlterEgo
jesse031081
KevinDSClark
Headtripp
Xenon
Johnny Bondo
firestartr420
The Black Stig
vagrant
jontoad
Shawn1112
VIKES4093
Fidostudio
irishrt5.7
eviltrycycle
ChiTownHemi
liljoejoe54
Moparcharger07
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

It was bound to happen...... Empty
PostSubject: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 12:15 am

Well, I figured this would happen sometime or another. Warning..... driving in the North Shore SUCKS!!! People drive like they are the only ones on the road.,,, I was just turning the corner off 22 onto 43 going to work today, got going straight (and mind you, all this area is under road construction and into 1 lane with orange barrels EVERYWHERE) I'm driving maybe like 30-40 mph or so, and next thing I know, there is a gold/tan Impalla turning into my lane about 15ft ahead of me. I lay on the horn, lock my brakes up.... then smash, right into the Impalla's pass. rear bumper... hitting the car with my driver front corner, she go's forward I look at the car the bumper is pretty jacked up. First thing through my head was "WTF, I KNOW my car is screwed". So the car pulls over I got out and go (well, in the uhh.... kinda not the nicest way) "WTF!!! You stupid B!TCH!!!!" Lady hops out, and looks at me with that confused dog look, you know where they cock their head to the side and look at you??

I look at my car and saw this..........
It was bound to happen...... 100_1860
It was bound to happen...... 100_1861
It was bound to happen...... 100_1859
It was bound to happen...... 100_1862
It was bound to happen...... 100_1863
It was bound to happen...... 100_1866
It was bound to happen...... 100_1865
It was bound to happen...... 100_1859
It was bound to happen...... 100_1858

So after getting a good look at it, I came to the conclusion it'll need a new FL headlight, FL fender, and maybe a new front clip, side marker, and some work the my eyelids again. I noticed after driving a little too, it seems to drift to the right and my steering wheel is off, I looked and saw some scuffs on my tire, not the rim though. So it must have hit the tire pretty good enough to knock the alignment too. I called the cops, got a police report, and filed a claim with HER insurance. PISSED!!!! PISSED!!!! PISSED!!!! Today just sucks.

So hopefully the ball gets rolling with the insurance, I HATE to have a busted up car. She had Geico. I don't know much about them.

Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 12:39 am

That is really fucked up but at least you are OK. Hopefully her insurance dont dick you around and you get it fixed asap.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 1:05 am

Really sorry to hear about this Adam. Geico is a decent insurance company. You shouldn't have any issues. Glad you're ok.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 6:01 am

Adam again SO SO SO sorry dude. First things first glad you are ok. The car can and will get fixed.

Personal experience with Geico, 6 years ago they SUCKED. Hopefully it was just because the car their insured person smacked into was a $50k BMW ($36k in damage) and she only had $25k in coverage. I had to beg, plead, scream, and yell to get anything from them. It took them 6 months to get the car completely fixed and two people ended up getting fired over how it was handled. I hope they are much better now and the whole process is smooth and easy.

If you need anything speak up.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 6:14 am

damn bro sorry to hear this yeah these fucking yuppie drivers out here are fucking idiots... glad u are ok... time for some vented fenders and a grip fascia...
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 8:25 am

Glad you're ok man!!! Yeah, look at this as an opportunity for some new mods!
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 8:50 am

its an old saying "at least your ok" but its true.everyday we drive something can happen.the car will be fixed.i know its hard to feel that way.but you have to let the anger go or it will eat you up
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 11:05 am

Adam first off glad your okay. I have my stock fenders still, so if you need a fender you can have it for a 12 pack of Modelo.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 11:12 am

Aw that sucks man. I would be pissed. But oh well, cars can be fixed and a new paint job means no more rock chips.
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 11:32 am

Damn that sucks Adam! I would be homicidal if that was me! Glad you're ok!

-vagrant
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 11:43 am

ouch, and paint That will be a hard color to blend..... hope all goes well in the repair and glad your allright
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 5:07 pm

wow dude, that totally sucks. Glad you're ok!!! I hate the way people drive around here. I believe it should be a lot harder to get both a drivers license and a car, period. Its far to easy to obtain both, allowing for dumbass like that bitch that hit you to be on the road. Again, glad you're ok though, it could have been a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Bondo
CAMM Member
Johnny Bondo

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 6:34 pm

Damn! That effin sucks! Glad you are ok. I will try to PM you later with the job details.
Back to top Go down
Xenon
CAMM Member
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 1:04 am

That reallly suckz, Adam...

Like this one,,

Some peeps just dunn know how to drive...

Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 1:47 am

Damn man that sucks glad you didn't kill the bitch let me know if ya need anything bro
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 7:39 am

Adam that sucks! Like Vic I am glad you didn't kill her or we would be bailing you out right about now Smile Let me know what you need to get it back to the way she was or better.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 7:57 am

Sucks dude but I got a buddy that does alignments. Make sure they cut you the check when it is all settled. Good luck and glad your ok
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 10:07 am

Thanks guys, yeah, I had all I could do not go get out and upper cut her!! I talked the insurance yesterday and gave my recorded statement, apparently there is a dispute on her part about how it happened. But whatever, I know what happened, and I told him correctly. She's an idiot, like when the cop asked me what happened, she interupted my and was like "no no no, there was not traffic built up", then she proceded to repeat exactly what I said!! IDIOT, friggin Jamacan bitch!!!

But yeah, Shawn I'll take you up and that offer for the fender and even raise you're offer to TWO packs!! LOL
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 10:23 am

don't give her insurance a statement. give your insurance your statement and they will fight her insurance for you. tell her insurance you already gave your statement to your insurance and tell them they will have to call them to get it.

opposing insurance companies can twist questions around on you to get their way. your insurance will know how to play those games. i never talk to other peoples insurance in those situations.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 10:36 am

OMG Adam! That is why I don't drive my Charger to work. No one is really paying attention and always talking on their Damn phones. It makes me a nervous wreck by the time I get to work.

Now, I'm really never driving my Charger to work.

I'm sure it will all work out and like someone posted earlier, perhaps it will be a good thing....NEW MODS!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 6:20 pm

Well, just got the call today, they're fixin my car. As I said, it was her fault, and they agree. Now it's a matter of getting the company to get the estimate, getting my check, and getting all the parts rounded up and sent to my paint guy
Back to top Go down
sak9880
CAMM Member
sak9880

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 7:58 pm

Sorry to see that this happened, but glad your getting it fixed!!!
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 7:15 am

jontoad wrote:
don't give her insurance a statement. give your insurance your statement and they will fight her insurance for you. tell her insurance you already gave your statement to your insurance and tell them they will have to call them to get it.

opposing insurance companies can twist questions around on you to get their way. your insurance will know how to play those games. i never talk to other peoples insurance in those situations.

Very true.....and well said. Let the insurance companies fight it out.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 11:52 am

sorry to see and hear bro!!!!

if anything ya need a hand with let me know...

I got tools..we can fix it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_Nod65e7o
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 8:46 pm

I got the adjuster to come to the shop today, and I'll be getting a check in the mail in the next 3-5 business days!!! WOO HOO!!! They're giving my 2K for it all!!! He even comped me for the decals ($65) and even to re-tint my corner light ($63), the guy was cool as hell

So now it's just rounding up the parts, and installing them, I already talked to my paint guy as well (the guy who painted my hood), so he's gonna hook it up as well, I hope to change some stuff up in the process.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was bound to happen......   It was bound to happen...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It was bound to happen......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: