Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Stole a K&N CAI

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

Just Stole a K&N CAI Empty
PostSubject: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2011, 9:40 pm

Not Literally...I've been looking around since joining the group...Seeing what kinds of mods I want to do to my truck...Been thinking about getting a CAI to boost performance a little...Was looking around at different sites: Advance Auto Parts, JC Whitney, K&N's own store and a couple of others...They were all asking about $320.00 for the 63-Series intake...So last night, when I came upon PEPBOYs website and seen it advertised for $188.90...I thought it was a joke...First thing this morning I called to see if they had it in stock...Nope but could order it....I asked the price...Yep...$288.90...Needless to say its on order...Couldn't pass that kind of deal up at all...I don't know if it was just a fluke or what...But its going to be mine now...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2011, 6:31 am

Nice job, it pays to look around
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2011, 1:23 pm

Yes...Yes it does...But I still think something wasn't right...I looked last night and the price was $289.99...But when I checked by just using K&N's part number 63-1533...It still came up with the $188.90...So I don't know for sure...All I know is I only paid the $188.90 and should be here in a few days...Can't wait...I know 11hp(10.46) isn't much of a difference...Just fun completing an upgrade...And it looks to be a pretty easy install...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2011, 1:25 pm

might not be a big upgrade, but will go together nicely when you complete other upgrades.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2011, 6:06 pm

it may not be a major upgrade like Shawn said... but you will definately notice a differece in performance and throttle response, and if you just continue to drive the way you normally do, maybe a few extra MPG's while you're at it...
Back to top Go down
riceburner2006
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2011, 10:22 pm

yep. what everyone else is saying. it wont be too noticeable by itself but once u accompany with other mods it will realy show its true colors, not to mention sound nice Wink
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2011, 10:10 pm

Finished the install a little earlier this evening...I snapped a couple of before and after pictures...I'm going to try this again...But when I tried posting just a few minutes the before picture was upside and couldn't get it fixed...So oh well...I checked all the connections before testing it on the road...I can tell the difference, not to big...but a little quicker response anyway...

Here is the before...I know its filthy...
Just Stole a K&N CAI Photo-1

Here is the after...
Just Stole a K&N CAI Photo2

Only problem is the air temp sensor doesn't seem secure enough to me...It just slides into a rubber grommet...But seems like it would fall out easily...Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2011, 10:28 pm

Joined CAMM about 3 weeks ago...First Mod is in the books..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 6:37 am

Congrats, and it begins, lol.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 10:26 am

Looks good!! Let the mod Bug begin!!! As far as the AIT sensor i'd say that you might want to use a little bit of silicone around the inside of the grommet so that it doesn't come out. If you need to change it for some reason the silicone will pull of pretty easily. I would do that just for piece of mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Stole a K&N CAI   Just Stole a K&N CAI I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Stole a K&N CAI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: