Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need your opinion.....

Go down 
+10
Shawn1112
Hypnotiq
northsiderz
HemiMag
Motor
irishrt5.7
Headtripp
jesse031081
inkedup
liljoejoe54
14 posters

Which color?
Keep them the way they are
I need your opinion..... I_vote1250%I need your opinion..... I_vote13
 50% [ 6 ]
Red
I need your opinion..... I_vote1233%I need your opinion..... I_vote13
 33% [ 4 ]
Flat black
I need your opinion..... I_vote1217%I need your opinion..... I_vote13
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

I need your opinion..... Empty
PostSubject: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 9:18 pm

Next winter when I take my 20" rims off, I want to bring them in to get refinished. I am having some clear coat come off of the machined part and also have a little road rash so I wanted that fixed. They might need to be repainted so I was thinking of keeping the pockets gloss black and painting the machined part of the rim either red or flat black. What are your thoughts? I dont have a photoshop of flat black (cuz I dont really know how to make it look like flat black) but here is a shot of how they look now and a photoshop of the red....

Original....
I need your opinion..... MyCarCAMM

Red.....
I need your opinion..... MyCarrims

Also, it might be that exact shade of red but you get the idea. I was thinking either torred or inferno red.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 9:20 pm

i like the red joe,im even thinkg about powder coating mine gloss black next winter
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 9:29 pm

I also like the red Joe. Its different for sure
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 9:35 pm

Thanks guys. I think if I do red, it will be torred. Inferno red wont really match my decals or R/T emblems.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 9:10 am

Not really digging all that red maybe just a outer ring of red the the rest pockets and all black
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 10:05 am

Im not liking it...
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 10:53 am

black with torred for sure
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 10:57 am

I think it looks a lil busy with all that red. Maybe just the face and not the ring... Doing just the ring is like doing import theme of time attack rims....
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 11:59 am

I say go with the flat black......and as Headtripp says maybe a little red on the outer edge. Maybe a bit too much red going on...IMO I'd keep it subtle.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 12:06 pm

Flat black just faces red no center cap do that in flat black also... no ring around
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 2:02 pm

Naw.... leave them black..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 3:55 pm

HemiMag wrote:
I think it looks a lil busy with all that red. Maybe just the face and not the ring... Doing just the ring is like doing import theme of time attack rims....
X2...
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 5:54 pm

im gonna have to agree with the majority, and say theres too much red going on there.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 6:14 pm

Yeah you make a good point, maybe it is a little too much red. I guess ill just get them refinished like they are now. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 9:38 pm

It'd be cool to paint them Brilliant Black, and clear the whole thing with a "black tinted" clear coat (like how they tint tails), so it gives it a "black chrome" type of look where the silver is now...
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 10:47 pm

i say leave em black..
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 5:25 am

Moparcharger06 wrote:
It'd be cool to paint them Brilliant Black, and clear the whole thing with a "black tinted" clear coat (like how they tint tails), so it gives it a "black chrome" type of look where the silver is now...

Now that is a pretty good fuckin idea!
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 12:57 pm

I really like the first one, or Adam's idea but all that red is too much. Black chrome instead of the silver would look kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 6:43 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your opinion.....   I need your opinion..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need your opinion.....
Page 1 of 1