Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will the stock rear hold?

Go down 
+7
jontoad
liljoejoe54
Shawn1112
xegitalian19xx
ChiTownHemi
Illinois Chaos
DamnSTR8
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Will the stock rear hold? Empty
PostSubject: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 3:05 pm

Im verrrrry close to ordering a the super spartan max cam and i know with a tune from mr morms i can put down somewhere near 460-480 rwhp...i want to know if the stock srt rear will be ok with that for now...until i can save for the wavetrac.....and chally axles...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 3:23 pm

It will if you don't run dr's and hook it. The 215 mm half shafts will snap the very first time you hook up.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 3:45 pm

Keep us posted on this. I'll be doing something similar about this time next year and am very interested to see what you get with this cam. Have you talked it over yet with Tim?
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 4:20 pm

no im just on nitto invos at the moment...and if i did race i wouldnt stall....i just want to get some good horsepower for the summer and enjoy it and then in the fall or next spring upgrade the rear....
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 4:30 pm

You should be fine broseph...like tom said, just don't hook with DR's and you'll be fine
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 5:35 pm

DamnSTR8 wrote:
Im verrrrry close to ordering a the super spartan max cam and i know with a tune from mr morms i can put down somewhere near 460-480 rwhp...i want to know if the stock srt rear will be ok with that for now...until i can save for the wavetrac.....and chally axles...
Cam only on a srt8 and your gonna get 460-480 to the wheels?
Not calling you a liar, and I hope you get that much, but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 5:41 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
DamnSTR8 wrote:

Yeah thats probably at the crank. At the wheels stock is around the 375 mark if I remember correctly so 80-100hp on a cam/tune doesnt seem right.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 6:10 pm

JensSRT got 446hp/450tq to the rear wheels with a cam only. she used a super spartan max cam.

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t221-jenssrt-gets-dyno-d?highlight=jenssrt
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 7:16 pm

jontoad wrote:
JensSRT got 446hp/450tq to the rear wheels with a cam only. she used a super spartan max cam.

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t221-jenssrt-gets-dyno-d?highlight=jenssrt

That is INSANE!
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 8:13 am

thats my point....and then add a tune you can be close to 460-475.....
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 8:18 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
DamnSTR8 wrote:

Yeah thats probably at the crank. At the wheels stock is around the 375 mark if I remember correctly so 80-100hp on a cam/tune doesnt seem right.

stock rwhp is 360...crank is 425...with exhaust and a diablo i have 450 crank and 380rwhp now...so add those cam gains to the equation
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 8:53 am

DamnSTR8 wrote:
thats my point....and then add a tune you can be close to 460-475.....

Nick buddy...Jens' number are with a tune bro...
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 1:22 pm

not a mr norms tune...lol
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 3:44 pm

True, but still I don't think you'll net much more than that even with Tim's Tune!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 9:46 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
True, but still I don't think you'll net much more than that even with Tim's Tune!

At least Tim can tune. That car sounded like shit. It was breaking up. Who tunes making multiple pulls w/o a cool down? How did he get those numbers with a hot hemi that was pulling timing from heat soak?
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 10:39 am

Those #s seem very high for Just a Camed car. But than again every Dyno is different, my base line from Tim was 35hp lower than my previous Dyno, no changes to the motor just different dyno on a different day. Not sure if Tims new Dyno is as stingy as his old one but dont be surprised if you only pull down around 420-430 with just a cam.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 12:13 pm

cjresto wrote:
Those #s seem very high for Just a Camed car. But than again every Dyno is different, my base line from Tim was 35hp lower than my previous Dyno, no changes to the motor just different dyno on a different day. Not sure if Tims new Dyno is as stingy as his old one but dont be surprised if you only pull down around 420-430 with just a cam.

Damn straight! HP numbers don't mean shit. Too many variables. It's the numbers in the tune put into the laptop that make the difference. That's where Tim shines and Bob Kurgan tunes the same way as Tim does. It isn't having a dyno tune that's so important as it is who is doing the tuning. Having a shop and a dyno and the CMR software doesn't make you a tuner, just as me standing in my empty garage doesn't make me a car!
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 3:53 pm

lol well i guess the only way to find out is buy it and dyno it...
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 4:21 pm

yeah so quit talking and do it Smile
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 1:32 pm

yeah i've been seeing crazy cam only numbers. Speed inc did one in a vette + e-85 and picked up 85whp thats 465 @ the wheels!!!!! there was so much controversy they posted videos of the before and after dyno runs.

Seen a few crazy SRT's cams are imho the Real brain of any engine
Back to top Go down
hawksview
CAMM Member
hawksview

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2011, 5:04 pm

Ok so does mr norms sell the srt max cam or just install and tune for it.I would imagine the cam would have to be purchased from inertia correct?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2011, 9:40 pm

Call Tim and ask him. He might be able to get you a custom cam to fit what your looking for.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 11:59 pm

I am in the dekalb area anyone know of a good tuner is Tim in the Chicago area?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 7:42 am

Tim is in Rockford Mr. Norm's 601 W. Jefferson, Rockford Il 61103.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 7:44 am

hawksview wrote:
Ok so does mr norms sell the srt max cam or just install and tune for it.I would imagine the cam would have to be purchased from inertia correct?

Yes, you would have to order it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the stock rear hold?   Will the stock rear hold? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will the stock rear hold?
Page 1 of 1