Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New guy with a Hemi under the hood

Go down 
+10
AlterEgo
SScharger
ghost
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
jontoad
HemiMag
KevinDSClark
Illinois Chaos
Dave13
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave13
CAMM Member

New guy with a Hemi under the hood Empty
PostSubject: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 9:40 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Dave. My buddy Rudy (Rudedog74) told me about this site last year. I checked out a few of your cars with my daughter at a little pizza place in the NW burbs. I'm more into sport bikes than cars. To me, four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul. I always rocked an awesome sport bike, and a pos car. All of this changed when my wife and I decided to end our marriage.

So, I roll into Carmax a couple weeks ago looking for something to tow a motorcycle trailer. It also had to be nice so my daughter could ride comfortably in it. The Durango with a hemi can pull a house. A quick spin in it, and I was hooked. I used a few connections and a little smooth talking a d worked a sweet deal on a '04 Durango SLT. Carmax tossed in a new set of tires to keep the keys in my hand after the sale.

New guy with a Hemi under the hood 8c695ee4

I took it to my local truck shop, and had the wiring and hitch were checked out. I also had the front windows tinted. Next up is a remote start.

My first love is sport bikes. I don't ride the street very much, mostly track. So the tow capability was the big selling point to me. This is the current bike, but I may be trading it for a track bike.

New guy with a Hemi under the hood B753eef0

I am a locomotive engineer, but I used to be a service manager and car audio/alarm installer. So you may see me post up in some of the tech articles. See you on the streets.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 9:48 pm

Cool, Dave. How fast does the Locomotive go? JK
Back to top Go down
Dave13
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 10:01 pm

^^^

I work freight. The fastest we run is 70 mph. I usually run 8-20 mph due timeless restrictions. But I get to run with 20k BHP. Smile
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 10:06 pm

D*** you have me by 19001 Sad

JK
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 10:25 pm

Wow that a beautiful Ducati... My friend had a Yamaha R6 Raven for sale and I was sooo tempted but couldn't pull the trigger.Oh welcome btw
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 10:25 pm

nice bike. this forum is just as much about cool people getting together as it is about the cars so i don't think you will have a problem if your motoring love has less wheels. i myself steer clear of bikes cause i know i would kill myself. i don't hold back on the track so if anything happens i just want to have something around me. lol.

i love to ride 50's but those are dangerous enough for me. sketchy little things. haha.
Back to top Go down
Dave13
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2011, 10:55 pm

I love anything with an engine. I have a 9 hp Craftsman snowblower, and my driveway is only 15 feet long. Haha. I'll do some mods to the Durango, but they will be for function. Remote start, HID, fold in power mirrors, heated leather seats, headrest monitors, full exhaust system, and possibly nitrous are all on the list of maybes.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 1:16 am

Welcome to CAMM!

Two and four wheels welcome here.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 9:25 am

Welcome nice durango and sweet bike.
Tell Rudy to check in more often.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2011, 3:07 pm

welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
SScharger
Founding Member
Founding Member
SScharger

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 9:05 pm

WELCOME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 6:32 pm

Welcome to CAMM! Smile
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 7:36 pm

Welcome to CAMM!
Back to top Go down
sak9880
CAMM Member
sak9880

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 10:52 pm

welcome to the CAMM!!! like the rides.
Back to top Go down
Dave13
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 8:31 pm

I sold the Ducati a few days ago. I don't enjoy riding street anymore, I much prefer to ride track. Picked up this for track/racing.

New guy with a Hemi under the hood 72bee3e3

Withough plastics, it's pretty ugly, lol. This is how it looks at full song. I have to paint it, prolly something crazy. The baby blue doesn't do it for me.

New guy with a Hemi under the hood 3934a9d3
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 9:30 pm

welcome....
Back to top Go down
TeamCharger
CAMM Rookie
TeamCharger

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 12:31 am

Welcome to CAMM! Nice Durango!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy with a Hemi under the hood   New guy with a Hemi under the hood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy with a Hemi under the hood
Page 1 of 1