Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!


Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area
 
PortalHomeRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Got rid of my front license plate!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Location : Naperville, IL
Points : 11322
Posts : 4912
Reputation : 1220

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 1:22 am

i have found you get bugged about it more if it's in the front window than if you just don't have it at all.

_________________
Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 35i5dfa
2015 Blue Streak Ram R/T w/rambox - Daily driver status
2006 Charger /SRT//8/ - Autocross spec
SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

Location : Naperville
Points : 3559
Posts : 324
Reputation : 16

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 7:04 am

Man I crashed my Charger on the Ike in February had to have a new front bumper, radiator etc. Not a big enough bang for airbags but it totaled the Bonneville GXP in front of me.

The body shop left the front plate off and put the kit in the trunk, it looked so good he didn't want to put holes.... well when I got my replacement plate I went ahead and installed it.

At least I have a HEMI personalized plate but man did it look nice with no holes!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Location : in the other lane
Points : 12202
Posts : 5492
Reputation : 1198

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 1:19 pm

and yet the vette guys get away with it. No factory mounting spot.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

Location : bartlett, il
Points : 4786
Posts : 711
Reputation : 133

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 6:09 pm

i have had mine off for years now and never had a problem..even if i ever get a ticket i still wont put it on.i would rather pay the ticket.the only one i know who has been stopped and received a ticket is John ( jackssrt8) my 2 nephews are hanover park cops and they told me i shouldnt have a problem with it off.all the cops i have talked to said they guy would have to be a real jag to pull you over for that.i have asked a few over the years about it..i do have the retractable front plate holder that folds up under the car with a little motor.took it off years ago its sitting in my garage.thats one way around it.videos are on youtube type in retractable front plate
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
Moderator
Moderator
liljoejoe54

Location : Chicago
Points : 21398
Posts : 4221
Reputation : 848

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 7:11 pm

VIKES4093 wrote:
i have had mine off for years now and never had a problem..even if i ever get a ticket i still wont put it on.i would rather pay the ticket.the only one i know who has been stopped and received a ticket is John ( jackssrt8) my 2 nephews are hanover park cops and they told me i shouldnt have a problem with it off.all the cops i have talked to said they guy would have to be a real jag to pull you over for that.i have asked a few over the years about it..i do have the retractable front plate holder that folds up under the car with a little motor.took it off years ago its sitting in my garage.thats one way around it.videos are on youtube type in retractable front plate

In the city its different. We have these jagoff meter maids that walk through almost every neighborhood pretty much 24 hours a day looking for a reason to give out tickets on cars. So even if the cops leave us alone when we dont have a front plate, i guarantee them meter maid fuckers will get you.

_________________
Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Liljoejoe54-1

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride. Amen.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Location : orland park
Points : 4524
Posts : 1100
Reputation : 59

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 7:13 pm

I was pulled over in Monee about 3 yrs ago for no front plate. I never paid the ticket. The fine doubled, then collection agencies, then nothing. I haven't heard from them in two years. I asked carmax about it when I bought the wife's car and they said it wasn't on the credit report. I'll probably end up paying big in the future, but it wouldn't be the first time being stubborn has cost me. I do stay the fuck out of Monee now.

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Location : orland park
Points : 4524
Posts : 1100
Reputation : 59

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2013, 7:14 pm

I've had two tickets in the city for no plate, I pay those. I've never got one in a parking lot or garage, only on the street.

bill
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Location : L.I.T.H.
Points : 8028
Posts : 2746
Reputation : 1136

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 12:20 am

I've been paying attention around my neighborhood, and I see several cars with no front plate...911, Challenger, Vette, Audi, a couple others. And mine.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

Location : Carpentersville, IL
Points : 3925
Posts : 194
Reputation : 10

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 12:56 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
VIKES4093 wrote:
i have had mine off for years now and never had a problem..even if i ever get a ticket i still wont put it on.i would rather pay the ticket.the only one i know who has been stopped and received a ticket is John ( jackssrt8) my 2 nephews are hanover park cops and they told me i shouldnt have a problem with it off.all the cops i have talked to said they guy would have to be a real jag to pull you over for that.i have asked a few over the years about it..i do have the retractable front plate holder that folds up under the car with a little motor.took it off years ago its sitting in my garage.thats one way around it.videos are on youtube type in retractable front plate

In the city its different. We have these jagoff meter maids that walk through almost every neighborhood pretty much 24 hours a day looking for a reason to give out tickets on cars. So even if the cops leave us alone when we dont have a front plate, i guarantee them meter maid fuckers will get you.
Yep. I got one of those in the city of chicago while parked infront of my fkng job. No front plate.
Didn't pay it. It doubled now. Thanks alot you fking meter maid for walking around my car and making sure I had a plate. (I parked forward a foot from the wall) Oh well. Chicago is broke and needs my support.
Villa Park has ticketed me more than I care to mention for the front plate and tints.
Gotta pay to play right? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Location : Chicago, IL
Points : 5018
Posts : 886
Reputation : 71

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 3:28 am

I had to move to another state just to not have a front plate. Cool
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Location : L.I.T.H.
Points : 8028
Posts : 2746
Reputation : 1136

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 12:21 pm

Anyone know TheDarkKnight and can ping him pretty reliably? He's Chicago I know, and he makes (or used to make) a hidden bracket mount that lets you bolt on or remove the plate pretty cleanly. I PM'ed him over on LXF but haven't heard back.

Take a look at his product: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105925

Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

Location : bartlett, il
Points : 4786
Posts : 711
Reputation : 133

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 6:08 pm

Dave, they make a bracket that mounts under the front of the car that you can fold the plate down by hand and raise it back up for when you drive..i just bought the motorized version because i thought it was cool at the time. seems like darkknight design is way to much work
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

Location : Lake in the Hills, IL.
Points : 4320
Posts : 332
Reputation : 58

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2013, 6:17 pm

Its a 45.00 compliance ticket the 1st time and a mover if you get stopped again for it. The popo just use it as a reason to pull you over to check you out if they think your shadyif they dont have anything on you, then a compliance is what youll get.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Location : L.I.T.H.
Points : 8028
Posts : 2746
Reputation : 1136

Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 11:17 pm

JacksSRT8 wrote:
Its a 45.00 compliance ticket the 1st time and a mover if you get stopped again for it. The popo just use it as a reason to pull you over to check you out if they think your shadyif they dont have anything on you, then a compliance is what youll get.

Did you get stopped by a LITH cop? For anything else, or just stop you for the front plate?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got rid of my front license plate!   Got rid of my front license plate! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Got rid of my front license plate!
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: