Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New rear

Go down 
+2
liljoejoe54
ghost
6 posters

which gearing
New rear I_vote1220%New rear I_vote13
 20% [ 1 ]
New rear I_vote1240%New rear I_vote13
 40% [ 2 ]
New rear I_vote1240%New rear I_vote13
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

New rear Empty
PostSubject: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 5:00 pm

so what gear would you all go with??
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 5:02 pm

If you plan on driving it on the streets a lot I would say go for the 3.06 or maybe even a 3.23. Our trannies change the rear gear ratio so if you get the 3.76, its actually a lot higher because of the trans. I dont know the numbers but I remember reading that somewhere.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 5:38 pm

actually, if i remember correctly from reading the specs. the 5.7L comes stock with a 3.06 final drive. Haha, actually, i just found a thread on the Z from Joey and Jon about this back in 2009, it was suggested to go with a 3.55.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 5:40 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
actually, if i remember correctly from reading the specs. the 5.7L comes stock with a 3.06 final drive. Haha, actually, i just found a thread on the Z from Joey and Jon about this back in 2009, it was suggested to go with a 3.55.

The '06 R/T came with a 2.86 rear gear I think. Its the same up to '08 and changed in '09 if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 5:54 pm

ahh perhaps i was looking at the specs for the 09 r/t, it was a while back. I do remember though that my v-6 came with a 3.64 final gear, but stupid chrysler and their 4 speed tranny Sad.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 5:58 pm

answers.com is giving a 2.82 rear end on the 06 Daytona... and i found this site which looks very interesting.... you can find out just by looking at a tag thats stamped into the rear axle, i never knew that... http://www.vibratesoftware.com/html_help/html/Chrysler/2007/2007_LX_Chrysler_300-Magnum-Charger.htm
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 6:20 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
If you plan on driving it on the streets a lot I would say go for the 3.06 or maybe even a 3.23. Our trannies change the rear gear ratio so if you get the 3.76, its actually a lot higher because of the trans. I dont know the numbers but I remember reading that somewhere.

i remember that 323 or 3.27 was thought to be the optimum ratio. i am buying a packed locker though, i will not try changing out the gears, fuk that. that is y i set the poll to those 3 options.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 6:22 pm

ghost wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

i remember that 323 or 3.27 was thought to be the optimum ratio. i am buying a packed locker though, i will not try changing out the gears, fuk that. that is y i set the poll to those 3 options.

Ah, i see. Then id go with the 3.06 if you are planning on it being a daily driver. If you are gonna mostly run at the track then go with the 3.76 but it might limit you on the highway.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 6:25 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
ghost wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

Ah, i see. Then id go with the 3.06 if you are planning on it being a daily driver. If you are gonna mostly run at the track then go with the 3.76 but it might limit you on the highway.

well it wont b a daily driver any longer, but i do a lot of highway driving in it come summer...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 7:17 pm

I'd stick with 3.06 as well for drivability!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 8:24 pm

Put a 3.73 in that biatch, Ghost. Let the big dog eat. Has great driveability plus you can get some scratch in 4 gears. Someone told me after a pass at GLD that they heard rubber burning all the way down and loud chirps on every shift, lolz.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 8:35 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Put a 3.73 in that biatch, Ghost. Let the big dog eat. Has great driveability plus you can get some scratch in 4 gears. Someone told me after a pass at GLD that they heard rubber burning all the way down and loud chirps on every shift, lolz.

that is kind of what i was thinking. i am gonna call some vendors on monday and get some pro opinions as well.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 8:54 pm

ghost wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

that is kind of what i was thinking. i am gonna call some vendors on monday and get some pro opinions as well.

Dave, just order a complete Getrag setup from Moes Performance. Bob is THE guy for rear ends and great prices. He got me mine and at the time it was the only one in the nation. They can get really scarce in a hurry. Be advised Mopar always reprices up or down in price at the beginning of the month.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 9:03 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
ghost wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Dave, just order a complete Getrag setup from Moes Performance. Bob is THE guy for rear ends and great prices. He got me mine and at the time it was the only one in the nation. They can get really scarce in a hurry. Be advised Mopar always reprices up or down in price at the beginning of the month.
I agree with using Moe. Bob is a kick ass dude and you cant really touch his prices anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New rear Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rear   New rear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rear
Page 1 of 1