Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WINTER MODS

Go down 
+7
liljoejoe54
Shawn1112
Iguanaman
ttruckinon
HardwayCustoms
HemiMag
inkedup
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

WINTER MODS  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 8:20 am

Let me rephrase. That led tubes
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 8:59 am

go with longtubes if you can afford it....kooks....you will get a better sound out of them, and add Kooks hiflows and its awesome...

or look at mopar mid length headers which i think are dynatech or something like that, also give a great sound....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 9:31 am

Motor wrote:
go with longtubes if you can afford it....kooks....you will get a better sound out of them, and add Kooks hiflows and its awesome...

or look at mopar mid length headers which i think are dynatech or something like that, also give a great sound....
Longtubes are a waste of money unless you are going to really get in to the motor. If you are only going to mildly mod your motor than shorties are fine. I wouldnt waste the money just for sound purpose.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 8:46 pm

I heard long tubes would be low to the ground especially with it being lowered and all
Back to top Go down
tigerray24
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 9:53 pm

hey inkedup

my name is tiger ray , you are asking about ceramic coating your headers . first i own vanilla gorilla coating systems , i do ceramic on headers , this is the best thing you can do . when i do ceramic , i do the in side and out side . with ceramic you will pick up 10% more H.P. plus reduce the under the hood temp by about 100 d . please do not even think about using a high temp powder ( this is true crap ) .

if you like you can call me at 630-668-3045 and i can give you the real deal
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 4:26 pm

so which headers would i buy for you to coat them?
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 7:00 pm

Whatever headers you want to buy. The coating is not manufacturer specific. Choose one get it coated or not that simple.
Back to top Go down
tigerray24
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 8:32 pm

HERE YOU GO , FIRST GET SHORTIES AND THEN COAT THEM UP . SHORTIES ARE A GOOD STREET HEADER , LONG TUBE YOU MAY NEED TO RUN AN OTHER INTAKE . THIS JUST WHAT I KNOW FROM RACING .

COAT THEM WILL HELP WITH THE RUST , I USE A COATING CALL PREVCOR THEN DO THE CERAMIC . THIS IS ALL IN THE PRICE THAT I GIVE TO A CUSTOMER , IF I DO YOUR HEADERS ( SHORTIES ) IT IS $ 282.00 BECAUSE YOU ARE ON THIS SITE I GIVE 10% OFF TO CAMM MEMBERS , NOT SOME WIMPIE $10.00 OFF .

LET ME KNOW THANKS TIGER RAY
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2011, 10:40 am

finally got my tires thanks too jontoad....... drink
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 10:58 am

quick question how can i clean the rust of of my rotors ...not the braking part.. that pc that is attached to the rotor before you slip on wheel......
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 11:04 am

inkedup wrote:
quick question how can i clean the rust of of my rotors ...not the braking part.. that pc that is attached to the rotor before you slip on wheel......

Sand them down to remove all rust.After sanding clean really good with water n soap and let air dry completely.apply some
Self etching primer to prevent rust,then high temp primer and base coat and finally clear of your choice..
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 11:07 am

What grit sand paper. Do i hhave to do all steps i realy just want rust off and for them to look stock.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 12:02 pm

You don't have to apply the paint if you don't want too, but that will help it not happen again so soon! If you already have the wheels off etc I would just throw the paint on as well IMHO.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 12:58 pm

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WINTER MODS    WINTER MODS  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WINTER MODS
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3