Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.

Go down 
+3
eviltrycycle
Shawn1112
Illinois Chaos
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. Empty
PostSubject: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 11:27 pm

Here are some quick pulls on the dyno......

Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 6:30 am

What kind of gains did you get?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:34 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
What kind of gains did you get?

It gained another 30 hp and around 50 tq. It ramps very quick, now. I have a green led on the left side of my radio bezel that light's up when the meth kicks in.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 12:50 pm

I thought I saw green in the car on one of the pulls.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 1:06 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I thought I saw green in the car on one of the pulls.

It has green led interior light's and the meth light is also green to match. It looks really badass when I hit WOT and it lights up. It's on my radioe bezel on the top left side.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 1:21 pm

Veerrrry nice.
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 1:44 pm

Nice - 30 more ponies, you are gonna need that cage now for sure. May as well look into a 4link set up at the same time (lol)

Which pulley did you have previously?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 2:52 pm

Thanks buddy. Tim said save your money over the winter. I really want to do one now, but I'm going to wait. I had the 32t one on there before. I saw an RPM roll bar at Mr. Norm's and it is as good looking as it is safe. It will shave some more e/t off too. When I do get it installed I'll have my 2 pt. rear shock tower bar fs.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 7:02 pm

Pretty impressive gains ,Congrats!!!

Ahhhh I miss my ole Subaru. From factory it has an intercooler sprayer. I had added a nozzle to intake instead so I can run meth as wellwith more boost. Oh I miss those days

Back then a lot of people weren't familiar with it and had no choice but to buy expensive 100 octane or c16 fuel....
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 7:46 pm

Nice tom.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 7:54 pm

why labonte and not the snow system. why not a little 50 shot of nos
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 7:56 pm

ghost wrote:
50 shot of nos, lol. You can do more than that on a almost stock 5.7
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 7:59 pm

i know but he all ready has the sc so a large shot on a stock motor seems risky
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:04 pm

ghost wrote:

La Bonte invented it. Plus they are right in Loves Park. No NOS on my motor.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:04 pm

ghost wrote:
Fuck it, break it and build it better and faster!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:10 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
ghost wrote:

i know that, the 2 were affiliated with one another for some time to my understanding. i was just curious if there was a reason you went with that one.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:13 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
ghost wrote:

I'm building onto a stock motor, so far. That's why I'm doing the safe stuff only. Oh and suck it Shawn!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:15 pm

ghost wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
ghost wrote:

i know that, the 2 were affiliated with one another for some time to my understanding. i was just curious if there was a reason you went with that one.

I buy the Go Juice from Snow. 2 cases of 50/50 pure stuff. Also a little bottle of Nitro to add in at the strip.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:17 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
ghost wrote:

I'm building onto a stock motor, so far. That's why I'm doing the safe stuff only. Oh and suck it Shawn!!!
lol
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:17 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
ghost wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
ghost wrote:

I buy the Go Juice from Snow. 2 cases of 50/50 pure stuff. Also a little bottle of Nitro to add in at the strip.

haha yeah buddy
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:21 pm

ghost wrote:

NOS will make it the already high cyl temp even higher. The meth inj reduces the cylinder temp and allows for more boost or timming advance - If he were to shoot dope on top of his boost he would need to pull even more timming or require 110+ oct.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:23 pm

I just want to see if I can get an all stock blown motor into the deep 11's. Plus I want to make lot's of passes after each bump in hp. I've allready had it flat sideways at around 120 mph. That bump steer is a biatch sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:26 pm

otter1363 wrote:
ghost wrote:

NOS will make it the already high cyl temp even higher. The meth inj reduces the cylinder temp and allows for more boost or timming advance - If he were to shoot dope on top of his boost he would need to pull even more timming or require 110+ oct.

The Meth also turns 93 pump gas into 106 race gas when you inject it. Better fuel atomization and it runs the cylinder temps lower. Tim didn't add in any timing.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:36 pm

do u have to run 2 separate tunes
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2010, 8:44 pm

ghost wrote:
do u have to run 2 separate tunes

No, it wasn't tuned to the meth on all of the time. It only comes in at WOT, but it's adjustable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.   LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LaBonte Water/Meth Kit + 9lb. pulley install on the dyno today.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next