Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valve Stem Covers

Go down 
+4
jontoad
eviltrycycle
andyp411
Okie6.1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 7:55 pm

Got the idea of of lx and put them together. Let me know what you think.
Valve Stem Covers 36163_1529784616511_1591597014_1254952_7842132_n
Valve Stem Covers 37196_1529784776515_1591597014_1254953_8376665_n
Back to top Go down
andyp411
CAMM Member
andyp411

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 8:03 pm

Nice can't wait to check em out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 8:04 pm

Yup and those are shells I fired makes it an even better mod
Back to top Go down
andyp411
CAMM Member
andyp411

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 8:13 pm

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 8:21 pm

Freaking sweet!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 8:54 pm

i think you should take them off now before they corrode on unless there is a plastic cap under it.. never use metal valve caps on tpms sensors. dissimilar metals corrode and fuse together.

i deal with that problem on a daily basis with my customers who try to put chrome caps on their tpms sensors.... cool idea but it will cause you problems.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 10:04 pm

i bought a set of plastic caps for that reason. If the shells take a beating I have more to change them out. I also do not have tpms on my maggie.
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 10:13 pm

those are some dirty wheels
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 10:15 pm

huh?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 10:18 pm

you should still use the plastic caps in the shell or at least use a rubber seal on the underside because the cores on the stems can leak, and unless you have something to create an air tight seal, you can lose the air from the tires faster...
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 10:19 pm

There are plastic caps inside the shells help in by gorilla glue
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2010, 10:29 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
There are plastic caps inside the shells help in by gorilla glue

in that case.... BADASS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 2:52 am

Oh so those were the valve stems that were in the 20's that you got , it does look the it has the sensors on the rims.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 8:17 am

moaugust88 wrote:
Oh so those were the valve stems that were in the 20's that you got , it does look the it has the sensors on the rims.

No I took those off and used some I bought. I do not have TPMS.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 8:49 am

back in the day i had a camaro and i wanted to get anodized valve covers to match,well about two months later they ALL suffered back corrosion and were like welded on they had to unmount my tires from every rime to get the useless stems out.glad to see you were using your head and put plastic under....way to go great mod.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Valve Stem Covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Stem Covers   Valve Stem Covers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valve Stem Covers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: