Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?   Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 12:18 pm

Saw these adjustable swaybar endlinks and don't know if they're worth installing, i.e do they improve handling, are they easy to adjust, etc. The is fronts; there are also a set for the rears. So, I thought I'd post this and ask. Thanks,

Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? Swaybar_endlink_frt
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?   Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2009, 9:40 pm

Doesn't look like a mod that is all too popular based on the unbelievable response. I guess you'll have to be our guinea pig and let us know firsthand... Smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?   Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2009, 9:57 pm

You're right. I also noticed deep discounts on these (frt and rear). But, I'll contact the manufacturer and an acquaitance of mine to get more info. Will post findings and if their worth it - yeah I'll guinea pig it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?   Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2009, 9:58 pm

Probably not that easy to adjust, but I don't know..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?   Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2009, 10:07 pm

That's a very good point & was my first concern. But, I'll do some research and post what I learned. Those oem sway bar endlinks sure look flimsy. Saw beefier ones but they were for an SRT.
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?   Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2009, 8:54 am

What's the progress of your research??? I'm curious to know as well what's the benefits/gains of upgrading to those adjustable sway bars. Adjustable chassis parts period seem to me very interesting. :dunno:
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?   Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2009, 12:34 pm

these will come in handy only if you are doing a time attack event or autoX.Here's their main function.These make a hell of a difference.I ran these in my STi.Normally used after lowering the vehicle to eliminate pre-load on the Anti roll bar caused by the lowered ride height.With the car parked on a level surface, if you fit one end link to the ARB, then found that in order to fit the other end link you needed to flex one end of the ARB up or down for the link to attach, then the ARB will be pre-loaded when everthing is in place. An adjustable link allows you to shorten or lengthen the link so that it can be fitted to the ARB without needing to 'force' anything in order to fit properly.

A pre-loaded ARB will cause roll stiffness to be greater when turning in one direction vs the other, so the car will handle differently in left vs right hand corners. Just how differently of course depending on just how pre-loaded the ARB may be (and how stiff it may be, with the affect being stronger with a stiffer ARB).

and also another explanation:

" The OEMs recognize that it is important to have a sway bar for cornering stability. It is installed in the suspension system and sent down the assembly line. From personal investigations, the sway bar with fixed length links can induce a load into any two cross-corners of your vehicle. The ability to neutralize the sway bar in your suspension system is a great advantage to baseline, balance, and refines your vehicle's handling characteristics. "

Hope this helps,its a bit confusing at first but it make a hell of a difference at cornering.Oh and some of the above statement might be right or wrong depending on who you talk to.This was sent to me from Tein when I was running a coil over setup.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?   Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2009, 9:38 pm

I've been searching a lot for more info about these. Looks like in summary it's like HemiMag24s said. Essentially it allows one to adjust/eliminate the preload on the sway bars (front and rear). It appears recommended when cars are lowered and does not only apply to those who race.

Seems like eliminating preload allows for a neutral setting (no over or under steer). It even allows to level the entire car with or without the driver. Installation seems farily easy; the adjustments seem to require a couple of attempts but once set-lock em down and it's done.

Also, the adjustable end links seem beefier than oem's.

Well, I'm going to order a set for the front's - they're marked down by the company that sells those strut tower braces. Will give them a try and let you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?   Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adjustable Swaybar Endlink-worth it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: