Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for anybody who removed the door moldings

Go down 
+8
HiPwr
Fidostudio
eviltrycycle
irishrt5.7
jontoad
Shawn1112
inkedup
liljoejoe54
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 11:58 am

I just found the molding on Moparpartsamerica.com and they are $54 each and I dont even know if they come painted.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 12:12 pm

Would a heat gun help so it comes off easier? If im not mistaken diallo used my heat gun to remove his. Dave? Confirm?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 12:19 pm

Hypnotiq wrote:
Would a heat gun help so it comes off easier? If im not mistaken diallo used my heat gun to remove his. Dave? Confirm?

Yeah a heat gun helps but doesnt the bubbles can still be there. The bubbles are from a factory defect, not from the way you remove them.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 12:41 pm

That is correct joey... its the fact that they painted and put the moldings on before they dried... i removed mine using a heat gun... another reason for having the bubbles is due to water getting under them and never fully drying kinda does to paint what soaking in a tub does to your skin...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 12:52 pm

just take the dam things off already,or were gonna sneak over there in the middle of the night and do it.......lol
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 1:34 pm

inkedup wrote:
just take the dam things off already,or were gonna sneak over there in the middle of the night and do it.......lol

Lol ill get around to it eventually.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 3:05 pm

i would be easy to spot even knelt down im like 6 foot......
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 3:20 pm

Did mine no problems at all. There was a slight color difference right after pulling it just cleaned and waxed the doors and its no longer there. Easiest way to pull them is pick a nice HOT day and do it evenly and slowly, the heat will lsten up the bonding strip. Less than a half hour job.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 3:44 pm

Use the heat outside + the heat gun and fishing line if you do it this way you shouldn't fuck up the moldings and you can put them back on if needed. Don't be a jack off and bend the shit outta them and you should be okay.
you can always go to auto zone and get you some chrome moldings to make it pop if all else fails lol
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 4:01 pm

cjresto wrote:
Did mine no problems at all. There was a slight color difference right after pulling it just cleaned and waxed the doors and its no longer there. Easiest way to pull them is pick a nice HOT day and do it evenly and slowly, the heat will lsten up the bonding strip. Less than a half hour job.

Do you know the build date of your car? Its located on the door jam of the drivers side door.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 4:02 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Use the heat outside + the heat gun and fishing line if you do it this way you shouldn't fuck up the moldings and you can put them back on if needed. Don't be a jack off and bend the shit outta them and you should be okay.
you can always go to auto zone and get you some chrome moldings to make it pop if all else fails lol

Lol yeah them chrome moldings are the shizznit fo sho!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for anybody who removed the door moldings   Question for anybody who removed the door moldings - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for anybody who removed the door moldings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2