Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Car is missing something......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprayed Charger
CAMM Member

Car is missing something...... Empty
PostSubject: Car is missing something......   Car is missing something...... I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 9:27 am

I have been dead awhile on the forums trying to figure out the next step for my beast after I had a cam pin sheer off due to a manley timing chain kit failure. <~~~~~ mad1 ...After a long time of finger pointing and blame game the parts people got their shit together and are building me a high compression forged 5.7, built for my power adder...N20. The motor is being assembled by HHP/BES as a long block and shipped to me ready to drop in. Gonna start easy with a 250 shot and go up according until this boat makes a 10 second pass.. Here are some pics of how the car sits now.

http://www.streetfire.net/photo/dscn0085jpg_1959308.htm

http://www.streetfire.net/photo/dscn0084jpg_1959307.htm

http://www.streetfire.net/photo/dscn0083jpg_1959306.htm

Sorry I have been such a dead member but I was in a deep depression Super Sad

Hope to see you at Great Lakes Dragway in September!

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Car is missing something......   Car is missing something...... I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 12:58 pm

Wow, Zack! I knew something bad happened, from your last post. I thought maybe your giggle juice gave you a double shot or something. Hope you get that motor back in there before too long.
Back to top Go down
Sprayed Charger
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Car is missing something......   Car is missing something...... I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 3:07 pm

Thanks Thomas! it was this stupid designed manley timing chain kit, but it really worked out for the best since I am getting almost everything free from the valves fixed to the new forged crankshaft Very Happy Hoping to hit the track September 2nd
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Car is missing something......   Car is missing something...... I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 3:38 pm

Glad you are going to get it back to the track man. Be on the look out for track day outings.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Car is missing something......   Car is missing something...... I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 4:45 pm

That sucks, but in the same breath congrats on the new motor.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Car is missing something......   Car is missing something...... I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 5:06 pm

Sprayed Charger wrote:
Thanks Thomas! it was this stupid designed manley timing chain kit, but it really worked out for the best since I am getting almost everything free from the valves fixed to the new forged crankshaft Very Happy Hoping to hit the track September 2nd

I am surprised at that. Manley ain't exactly known for bullshit performance parts. I guess they will be pulling that design off of the market. Was it a roller chain, Zack? What failed?
Back to top Go down
Sprayed Charger
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Car is missing something......   Car is missing something...... I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 5:36 pm

Another torrington bearing failure, I am either going back to stock or the crower kit. It seems they are aware of the problem. It was a double roller chain. The crower and stock timing chain assembly are both single.
Back to top Go down
Sprayed Charger
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Car is missing something......   Car is missing something...... I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 5:37 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
That sucks, but in the same breath congrats on the new motor.
Thanks shawn, hope to see you at some shows soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car is missing something......   Car is missing something...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car is missing something......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Photo and Video Sharing-
Jump to: