Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeRegisterLog in

Tom's Hood

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Tom's Hood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 12:08 pm

The hood is on. Brad left with a nice srt hood on his ride. It looks bad ass!!! I will miss that hood, a little. Here is some pics of my new rt hood installed. I doubt it will be a color match in the sun. I hafta have some photo shop work done somehow to see some different combos. Like a flat black hood and silver shaker/ w a black trim gasket and silver rt stripes like Jon's. bb hood with flat black shaker and silver rt stripes. carbon fiber hood w/ black / silver shakers, etc. Just a bunch of combos to compare. Probably bb hood with black shaker and silver rt stripes would look best.

Tom's Hood - Page 2 Imgp2354

Tom's Hood - Page 2 Imgp2355

Tom's Hood - Page 2 Imgp2356

Tom's Hood - Page 2 Imgp2357
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 12:11 pm

Tom, light is your friend when taking photos, lol. That shaker is going to look sick as hell. I actually think if you leave the hood BB and color match the shaker BB then have the flat black gasket to separate the 2, that might look pretty good.

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride. Amen.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 12:14 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Tom, light is your friend when taking photos, lol. That shaker is going to look sick as hell. I actually think if you leave the hood BB and color match the shaker BB then have the flat black gasket to separate the 2, that might look pretty good.

Good idea, Joey. I like that .
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 12:55 pm

hey tom where did you get your grill from?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 1:28 pm

inkedup wrote:
hey tom where did you get your grill from?

Thats an OEM grill.

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride. Amen.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 1:32 pm

the one that's all honetcomb?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 1:37 pm

inkedup wrote:
the one that's all honetcomb?

You mean the honeycomb insert? The grill in the pics he posted above are the OEM color matched grill with the OEM honeycomb insert. Daytona's and SRT's come with the honeycomb stock. The regular R/T and other models come with the horizontal slats.

Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 2:27 pm

so that picture with the shacker hood ,the grill is a stock grill?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 2:50 pm

Oh the one with the shaker hood isnt his car, its a picture he found on the net to show what his hood is going to look like. That grill you can get off od ebay for cheap. It is NOT OEM.

EDIT: I found one....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-08-DODGE-CHARGER-HONEYCOMB-BLACK-MESH-GRILL-GRILLE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aChargerQQhashZitem5888d39a5cQQitemZ380252691036QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2010, 3:19 pm

yea thats it but the one pictured on camm does have a center bar ,from what it looks like
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 9:17 am

HEy What headlights do you have Tom? THey look bad ass and are HIDs? Where can i get a set of those...and Love the hood also!!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 9:47 am

DamnSTR8 wrote:
HEy What headlights do you have Tom? THey look bad ass and are HIDs? Where can i get a set of those...

I gotta set that I could be talked into selling.

2006 Charger Daytona R/T Go•Man•Go  #3918/4000
2009 Challenger R/T
Tom's Hood - Page 2 Teamheadtripp
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 10:20 am

AlterEgo wrote:

I gotta set that I could be talked into selling.

Are they similar to the ones in the picture above?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 10:22 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Tom's Hood - Page 2 Imgp2355

Yep. Just like these.

2006 Charger Daytona R/T Go•Man•Go  #3918/4000
2009 Challenger R/T
Tom's Hood - Page 2 Teamheadtripp
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 11:19 am

Definitely stick with the black Tom........and yes, the new hood of mine looks great. Thanks again. Once I get the new suspension put in and Pedders stuff I'll take pics of the final product (until the next upgrade).
Back to top Go down
Invader
CAMM Member
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 11:32 am

Just food for thought but I know a guy that had the shaker on his black truck done in black chrome.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 12:31 pm

Invader wrote:
Just food for thought but I know a guy that had the shaker on his black truck done in black chrome.

I bet that looked good, too. I'm really struggling here for a choice. lol.
Back to top Go down
Invader
CAMM Member
Invader

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 12:35 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Invader wrote:

I bet that looked good, too. I'm really struggling here for a choice. lol.
I'll see if I can find a pic of it.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 5:06 pm

Great!! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Hood   Tom's Hood - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom's Hood
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: