Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

T STAT recommendations

Go down 
+2
Illinois Chaos
northsiderz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
northsiderz
CAMM Member

T STAT recommendations Empty
PostSubject: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 11:52 am

Are there any other recommendations for a good lower temp T Stat? From everything I've seen its the Jet 180 T Stat, but I've also seen a few for AutoZone or Napa T Stats.

So, any opinions on the various options? I mean, its anywhere from $40 to $12.99 or so. Is there a difference performance or are there thermos to stay away from?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 11:56 am

They can fail!! The Jet seems to be most reliable.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 1:29 pm

Where can you buy one locally or do you have to buy it online?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 1:58 pm

go to marylandspeed.com and you'll have it in 2 days. The jet opens exactly at 180 where the others are just around 180 is what ive heard. I have the jet and no problems
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 2:22 pm

jett all the way. some other brands have gasket fitment issues or re use the stock gasket. on the ones that have fitment issues you have to grind the radius of the t-stat to make it fit the stock gasket. the jett comes with a new gasket and just pops right in no problem. plus it opens at 180 unlike the motoraid that opens at 187ish.

make sure you put the weep hole up when you put the new one in.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 2:35 pm

Ordered from marylandspeed and if it is here before mod day could we put it in then?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 2:37 pm

JETT....
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 3:24 pm

Ill help ya nick its a 2 minute job
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 3:32 pm

good deal thanks jesse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T STAT recommendations   T STAT recommendations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T STAT recommendations
Page 1 of 1