Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CF Hood and Trunk

Go down 
+6
Moparcharger07
inkedup
irishrt5.7
firestartr420
moaugust88
DamnSTR8
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 2:07 pm

I was looking at doing a CF Hood and Trunk Lid and was thinking of doing hood pins as well to give it an old school look....has anyone done this before? will it look good? i need some opinions...FYI it is a Black SRT8...Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 2:15 pm

Hmmmm can't say that I like hood pins on a modern street car. But's is a matter of opinion. It looks ok on my Uncles 65 gto but on a new Challenger I don't see the point. But yeah I've seen them done correctly and you could pull it off. CF though make sure those holes count lol.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 4:55 pm

you MUST install the hood pins if you go with a CF hood. No if's and's or but's about that one. The same would go with a fiberglass hood... there are a few guys that have done it, i myself havent, and won't unless i change my hood... They look good in my opinion, depending on your body/hood color i think. I don't think hood pins would look to good on some Inferno Red's or that dark blue, but they would look pretty bad ass on a black, hemi orange, or even just a plain CF.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 5:31 pm

I have them...

CF Hood and Trunk 100_5213
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 6:23 pm

nice pins .....are they 3m or really drilled?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 6:24 pm

and once again how are you people getting your pics so big? and i am using photobucket affraid
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 6:37 pm

I have hood pins too, wanted to be safe, with the fiberglass hood
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 7:22 pm

There drilled... i dont use photobucket... i load them from the computer... here is how...

1. hit the icon that looks like the image w/ a floppy disk next to the image icon that eric had previously posted.

2. Hit browse

3. Search for the file on the computer that you would like to load.

4. Hit open

5. Hit the button that says host it.

6. Once it loads highlight the middle location that gives the link for the location of the picture.

7. Copy the code.

8. Hit upload to remove the window.

9. Paste info that you had copied into the message box.

10. Hit preview to make sure that you copied the link.

11. If all is good send new post...

Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 7:47 pm

I also have hood pins and I love them. Not only do they hold down my fiberglass hood, I think they look great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 8:24 pm

not all fiberglass hoods require hood pins. carbon fiber ones do. if you don't put them on carbon fiber hoods they can rip the hood latch bar right off the hood and fly up. there was pictures of that on another forum a while ago.

look at all the other cars that use fiberglass hoods that don't need hood pins. my truck has had a fiberglass hood for about 7 years now with no pins.
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 9:16 pm

hmm this is a tough decision...casue if i did do it i was thinking of running the hood cable through my grill....i think it would look cool...i would like to see more pics if i could first....
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 10:22 pm

I used them to be on the safe side, plus my scoop is so big it grabs ALOT of air. Here's some pics of mine

CF Hood and Trunk 100_0587-1
CF Hood and Trunk 100_0543
CF Hood and Trunk 000_2082
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 1:13 am

That sure is a badass hood Adam. I never realized just how big it is! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 9:33 am

chargerchick wrote:
That sure is a badass hood Adam. I never realized just how big it is! Very Happy

Yeah, Adam's hood is badass.... i think im gonna steal it Wink Wink hahahah
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 11:13 am

chargerchick wrote:
You do of course know what you just opened yourself up to with that comment doh

Then again I think you like to be abused
bat
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 8:07 pm

Headtripp wrote:
chargerchick wrote:
You do of course know what you just opened yourself up to with that comment doh

Then again I think you like to be abused
bat

I do. Wink
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 9:40 pm

chargerchick wrote:

Well gee, shucks....... I haven't heard THAT one before LMAO
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 9:41 pm

Sorry to hear that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 9:47 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 10:56 am

my likey CF and me likey hood pins do it to it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CF Hood and Trunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: CF Hood and Trunk   CF Hood and Trunk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CF Hood and Trunk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: