Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOW!!!

Go down 
+4
Shawn1112
370 Hemi
moaugust88
Kooch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 3:02 pm

Just changed the oil from Mobil 1 syn to Royal Purple. What a difference! Motor sounds quieter, runs cooler and seems "peppier". No kiddin this stuff is great! A little expensive but great. Also went with the RP filter too.....
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 3:14 pm

Yeah for like 8 dollars a quart (depending on where you got it) it better be!! I tried it for one oil change and loved it but I'll stick to mobil 1 for my minor putting around.
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 3:19 pm

8 bucks where you get it? I paid 10, and worth every penny!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 3:47 pm

There is an Autozone near me that sells it for that much!
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 5:06 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
There is an Autozone near me that sells it for that much!
for 8 bucks???
Back to top Go down
370 Hemi
Supporting Vendor

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 5:39 pm

Hey,

Although Royal Purple has a good reputation, they are still a PAO based oil and use excessive amounts of Molybdenum Disulfide.....what they call Synerlec.

Also they use more Boron in their mixtures. There are much better ways of doing things that will not cause acids.

A QuantumBlue High Performance Competition Formula Blend has twice as much Zinc, 4 times as much Phosphorous but neutral type not acidic like RP, and QuantumBlue's total base number (14 TBn) that neutralizes acids much better than an RP 8-10 TBn content.

Couple that with a QuantumBlue Ultra High Performance oil filter and 10K mile drain intervals and you have a bullet proof oil that custom made for you and your car and where/how you use it including all your mods!!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 5:42 pm

I have seen reports that show pretty much no difference between RP and Mobil 1. Its just a personal prefrence.
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 5:46 pm

370 Hemi wrote:
Hey,

Although Royal Purple has a good reputation, they are still a PAO based oil and use excessive amounts of Molybdenum Disulfide.....what they call Synerlec.

Also they use more Boron in their mixtures. There are much better ways of doing things that will not cause acids.

A QuantumBlue High Performance Competition Formula Blend has twice as much Zinc, 4 times as much Phosphorous but neutral type not acidic like RP, and QuantumBlue's total base number (14 TBn) that neutralizes acids much better than an RP 8-10 TBn content.

Couple that with a QuantumBlue Ultra High Performance oil filter and 10K mile drain intervals and you have a bullet proof oil that custom made for you and your car and where/how you use it including all your mods!!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

Damn! souds like you know alot about oil. So, you are saying that this QuantumBlue is better than RP? I am new to this.....pardon the ignorance
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 5:53 pm

I do not see 0-40 on your website? Is it available? If so, I will try it out on my next oil change!!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 5:59 pm

Kooch wrote:
I do not see 0-40 on your website? Is it available? If so, I will try it out on my next oil change!!

Brian's oil is custom-made. The oil he just blended for me is 12.5w-43. My car is mechanically changing from when he first sent me his product, so this newest oil is adapting to it.
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 6:01 pm

nice, should i stay with the factory 0-40 or is there something better?
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 7:13 pm

Give Brian a call. He will discuss your modifications, driving style, where and when you drive it, stored inside or outside, race it or not, and so on and so on. Than he will come up with a custom blend for your application. And yes it does quiet down the infamous Hemi tick. Great Stuff and great guy who knows his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 7:15 pm

cool! thanx for the input everyone!!!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 7:38 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I have seen reports that show pretty much no difference between RP and Mobil 1. Its just a personal prefrence.

id like to see those reports because every test I've seen shows Mobil one way down on the quality list for bearing wear with royal purple near the top along with foreign blends of castrol synthetics. Mobil one consistently tests of equal quality to some conventional dino oils. not good.

the bearing test results alone were enough to switch me to royal purple in the first place.

and im sure the quantum blue stuff is top notch, but ill stick to something i can pick up at the parts store when its on sale.
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 7:48 pm

hey jon, am i nuts or what. tell me you saw a difference with RP
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 7:53 pm

yes i saw a difference but i use 5w30 and i thought it was just the change in weight that made it run smoother.
Back to top Go down
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 8:27 pm

Kooch wrote:

I was thinking the same thing my car calls for Mobile 1 0W-40 oil
can I even run this "special oil" in my car?

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
Back to top Go down
370 Hemi
Supporting Vendor

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 10:32 pm

Kooch wrote:

A "0" weight oil is good to -58 degrees F. Unless you are seeing -30 to -40 deg, a 0 weight is worthless.

It is much more important to have the right film strength and the right amount of additives combined with detergents, dispersants, and anti-foaming agents as well as demulsifiers and tackifiers to produce a material we can blend for you that will be like designing a custom lubricant to the DNA of your car etc. Generally for an SRT8 we make a 12.5w40 QuantumBlue High Performance Competition Formula 6.1L Hemi blend and use a QuantumBlue Ultra High Performance Oil filter to go with it.

All the oils on the market today are designed to address ILSAC GF-4 specifications. These specifications are for "minimum standards" and for "satisfactory" performance. The second you modify the system, you have just thrown out the specs. Go with an tuner, higher flow injectors, different thermostat, heads, cam , exhaust all these things change the dynamic. Do you drive it near salty water or is it driven in the winter where salt is used? What about track use? Does it sit 6 months out of the year, or excessive high heat and dusty conditions like Arizona......all these questions need to be answered before you get an oil that is right for you and your car. This is what we offer. We go so far as to make our own oil filters so that it is a closed loop on quality.

We have been giving the CAMM members a 10% discount on all our products and 10% off shipping as a way to assist people here.

We would be honored to help you when you are ready for your next change.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

Last edited by 370 Hemi on June 3rd 2010, 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
370 Hemi
Supporting Vendor

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 10:36 pm

Rudedog74 wrote:
Kooch wrote:

I was thinking the same thing my car calls for Mobile 1 0W-40 oil
can I even run this "special oil" in my car?

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4

Yes, we would adjust the viscosity and the additive packages for your SRT-4 and make it run like Jack the Bear!!!

Because you have a Turbo and yet you don't want a parasitic loss to occur, we would do a blend for you that is similar to what we do for the 2003 Audi RS6 Twin Turbo. It would be a 7.5w38 QuantumBlue High Performance Competition Formula High RPM Turbocharged blend. Combine that with the QuantumBlue Ultra High Performance Oil Filter and a good Shot of ACES IV, and you would be back to the future. We are working with a high performance customer that is attempting to be the fastest turbocharged mini-van in the world. The van right now is running 24 lbs of boost and is running low 12s right now.

Give us a call and we can discuss further!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Rudedog74
CAMM Member
Rudedog74

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2010, 6:19 pm

Thanks Brian I will be in touch!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2010, 11:15 pm

jontoad wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

id like to see those reports because every test I've seen shows Mobil one way down on the quality list for bearing wear with royal purple near the top along with foreign blends of castrol synthetics. Mobil one consistently tests of equal quality to some conventional dino oils. not good.

the bearing test results alone were enough to switch me to royal purple in the first place.

and im sure the quantum blue stuff is top notch, but ill stick to something i can pick up at the parts store when its on sale.
I will have to look for it. I remember Matt posting it on one of the forums, or Matt linking it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
370 Hemi
Supporting Vendor

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2010, 1:24 pm

Rudedog74 wrote:
Thanks Brian I will be in touch!

I look forward to working with you and protecting your beast while getting more power to the ground.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!   WOW!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOW!!!
Page 1 of 1