Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!

Go down 
+4
liljoejoe54
Moparcharger07
AlterEgo
eortiz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
eortiz
CAMM Member

Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! Empty
PostSubject: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 12:51 pm

I need some expert advise - I replaced both tie rods about a month ago, that went well - nice and quiet ride . About a week ago I started hearing noises everytime I hit a bump, like if something is really loose. I took it in a shop to have them tell me whts wrong but they seem a little confused themselves then they said i need a upper ball joint and a drag link? Both dealer items. I personal think is the stablizer link , they have play. Has anybody had this proble?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 8:04 pm

I hear something everytime I hit a bump coming from like right under my center console between the seats. I've had it on a lift and had my exhaust n stuff checked along with everything else and all seems fine, so I dunno. It drives me nuts though.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 10:56 pm

COULD be either the stabilzer link, COULD be the upper ball joint (but haven't seen too many of them go bad), or the tension strut (lower contol arm), I've seen ALOT of those go bad, and they make ALOT of noise. But they are tricky to check sometimes...

I'm betting it's one of those
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 9:27 am

AlterEgo wrote:
I hear something everytime I hit a bump coming from like right under my center console between the seats. I've had it on a lift and had my exhaust n stuff checked along with everything else and all seems fine, so I dunno. It drives me nuts though.

That could be your crossmember under your exhaust. The exhaust can be sitting close to it but still have a gap when you look at it and when you hit a bump, the exhaust moves and hits the crossmember. You can put a couple of washers between the body and the crossmember to widen the gap and see if that fixes the noise.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 3:11 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

That could be your crossmember under your exhaust. The exhaust can be sitting close to it but still have a gap when you look at it and when you hit a bump, the exhaust moves and hits the crossmember. You can put a couple of washers between the body and the crossmember to widen the gap and see if that fixes the noise.

Etiher that or loose beer botles in your center council.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 3:14 pm

eortiz wrote:
I need some expert advise - I replaced both tie rods about a month ago, that went well - nice and quiet ride . About a week ago I started hearing noises everytime I hit a bump, like if something is really loose. I took it in a shop to have them tell me whts wrong but they seem a little confused themselves then they said i need a upper ball joint and a drag link? Both dealer items. I personal think is the stablizer link , they have play. Has anybody had this proble?

I had similar noise. Tie rod ends were bad which fixed most of the problem leaving a little clunk over bumps.
Replaced the Stabilizer bar end links than problem solved. Both the TRE and SB end links seem to be problems in these cars.
Back to top Go down
eortiz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:41 am

2006 SRT8 Charger
Inner tie rods

How about inner tie rods? I called the dealer and they are telling me I would have to replace the whole rack? I told them I call Auto Zone and they have the inner tie rods for sale and his reponse was it will be a waste of money because they wouldn't fit? I asked him how much would you charge to repair? Ready - $1100.00
he must be crazy or is it this price?? Did anybody replace the inner tie rods and where did you go?
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 9:54 am

I'm sure you could get it done for $1,075.

Which dealer? I believe Adam has replaced inner tie-rods before. It sounds like they are trying to screw you.
Back to top Go down
eortiz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 10:01 am

Park Forest Dodge
Park Forest, Ill
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 10:02 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

I agree with Joejoe on this one....Its weird because even with spacers on that thing it was still rubbin' the Zoomers. I bet that is your problem fo sheezy Smile - I just took mine off and haven't had any issues since...I do hear them rattle towards the back but I think it's just a rubbing somewhere else...I need a lift to look....
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 7:51 pm

I've done inners before, there is NO WAY it should cost THAT much, they must be out for a dollar or two or three LOL

IF you want it checked out properly, let me know ; )
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 11:13 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

I agree with Joejoe on this one....Its weird because even with spacers on that thing it was still rubbin' the Zoomers. I bet that is your problem fo sheezy Smile - I just took mine off and haven't had any issues since...I do hear them rattle towards the back but I think it's just a rubbing somewhere else...I need a lift to look....

Happened with my zoomers too but adding the washers did the trick for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!   Sounds like a bucket of loose bots! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sounds like a bucket of loose bots!
Page 1 of 1