Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emissions test

Go down 
+15
ghost
Headtripp
Kooch
Dartboy
liljoejoe54
jontoad
Illinois Chaos
cjresto
moaugust88
otter1363
irishrt5.7
HiPwr
Iguanaman
jesse031081
Shawn1112
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

Emissions test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 9:13 am

I think i needa pop also...... wtf ....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 9:37 am

kooch wrote:
I think i needa pop also...... wtf ....
You dont want a pop!!!! Hump
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:20 pm

You can't handle the POP
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:37 pm

you still going to get your emissions done today? mine notice haves to be around the corner. r u just leaving the rear o2 sensors turned off
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 3:45 pm

I just went and they couldnt complete the test. My o2 sensor and catalytic converter eff. came up not ready? Everything else was fine. The lady in the office asked if I had the battery disconnected lately, because my system readiness monitors were not right. So I asked her to speak english because what she was telling me was chinese. She thought it was funny! So I told her my car sat all winter and about a month ago the battery was completely dead. She then broke it down in english, she said the obd system doesnt have enough info because of the battery being dead. So she suggested I drive the car around for a week or so and come back. Does this make sense to anyone????
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 3:48 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I just went and they couldnt complete the test. My o2 sensor and catalytic converter eff. came up not ready? Everything else was fine. The lady in the office asked if I had the battery disconnected lately, because my system readiness monitors were not right. So I asked her to speak english because what she was telling me was chinese. She thought it was funny! So I told her my car sat all winter and about a month ago the battery was completely dead. She then broke it down in english, she said the obd system doesnt have enough info because of the battery being dead. So she suggested I drive the car around for a week or so and come back. Does this make sense to anyone????

Jontoad broke it down on the first page.

only hard codes will fail you. if your check engine light is on you fail, otherwise you will be fine.

soft codes that show up on the key trick will not fail you if they don't trip the check engine light.

my
truck has no cats and pops code p0351 (no tack adapter for my MSD
ignition) for like the last 6 years and i have never failed. just
passed last week.

do not clear your codes to try to pass. if you
have just cleared your codes there will not be enough data in your
computer and they will tell you they can not test the car till you
drive it a while.

Shawn they don't even pop your hood, they
could care less if you have egr delete. if the computer doesn't pop
check engine light because of it your good. if you can fool the
computer they don't see it then they care.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 3:51 pm

I understood what Jon said, but the 2 things that were not ready are the 2 things I thought would cause a problem. My hi-flo cats and my rear 02 turned off. So do you think driving the car around will fix this issue??
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 3:57 pm

Oh, I misunderstood. I think they arent ready because they are turned off. The lady at the emissions test doesnt know you turned them off, she just thinks the data was reset. I think you need to put the foulers in and turn the sensors back on for a bit. They need some sort of data in order to pass you.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 4:02 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Oh, I misunderstood. I think they arent ready because they are turned off. The lady at the emissions test doesnt know you turned them off, she just thinks the data was reset. I think you need to put the foulers in and turn the sensors back on for a bit. They need some sort of data in order to pass you.
I cant put the fowlers in, my 02's are frozen in! Remember last year at Adam's shop Matt and I tried everything to get the o2's out, even adam tried. I can turn the 02's back on, but not sure how fast it will throw the code. Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes it happens 10 minutes after I clear the code.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 4:24 pm

yeah sorry bro the sensors have to be on in order to pass the emissions...
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 4:31 pm

If you drive around for a week and get no error codes, you are golden to go back in? You think it was really the battery, or did you clear something with the Predator? If you do clear something, will it look the same (like you had a dead battery)?

These emissions tests are a pain in the ass. Somewhere behind this whole testing deal is some fucking politician's uncle that owns an emissions testing SW company.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 4:55 pm

HiPwr wrote:
If you drive around for a week and get no error codes, you are golden to go back in? You think it was really the battery, or did you clear something with the Predator? If you do clear something, will it look the same (like you had a dead battery)?

These emissions tests are a pain in the ass. Somewhere behind this whole testing deal is some fucking politician's uncle that owns an emissions testing SW company.
Thats a big if!!! I also cleared something with the predator about a month ago. I think what I will do is turn them back on and drive around for a day or 2 and if no code i will go back and hopefully it works. If not my buddy has some stock srt8 cats with 02 sensors still in them. I could always have a muffler shop throw those on, take the test and then come back and have my mids put back on. Thats last resort though.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 5:05 pm

yeah usually you have to have them on for 50-100 miles... then they will be in ready state..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 5:09 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
yeah usually you have to have them on for 50-100 miles... then they will be in ready state..
Well then I will take a little ride, maybe I will find another testing station 50 miles away, and just beat the shit out of the car the whole way. If I do about 90-100 mph the whole way the car should be ready to go, dont you think???
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 5:12 pm

i had the same prob. Disconnected the batt...didn't pass because computer couldn't read. Drove foe a bit...went back 2 weeks later...didn't pass again.

Get in contact with Rudy...he was able to clear all the codes...I went the next day and passed.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 5:54 pm

yeah we can all clear our codes w/ our predators... but it still will not be emissions ready for o2 sensors...

Shawn now that i am thinking about it... try turning them back on and before you go there and hope that they don't pop a CEL... if it doesn't maybe it will read that it is in ready state... if it does come back that it is not in ready state then do the 50-100 mile drive and try again...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 5:55 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
yeah we can all clear our codes w/ our predators... but it still will not be emissions ready for o2 sensors...

Shawn now that i am thinking about it... try turning them back on and before you go there and hope that they don't pop a CEL... if it doesn't maybe it will read that it is in ready state... if it does come back that it is not in ready state then do the 50-100 mile drive and try again...
I will try that, thanks bro
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 6:01 pm

yep yep let me know how it goes..

if that doesnt work and all else fails Get some PB Blaster from the parts store. Its in a white can with comic looking writing on it and a Yellow cap. it is a penetrating oil heat up the exhaust then spray this on it and then try to remove them again...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 6:03 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
yep yep let me know how it goes..

if that doesnt work and all else fails Get some PB Blaster from the parts store. Its in a white can with comic looking writing on it and a Yellow cap. it is a penetrating oil heat up the exhaust then spray this on it and then try to remove them again...
Been there and done that!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 6:09 pm

ok i wasnt sure because i wasnt paying attention at adams shop... sorry... didnt realize you used pb blaster...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 7:14 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

Thats a big if!!! I also cleared something with the predator about a month ago. I think what I will do is turn them back on and drive around for a day or 2 and if no code i will go back and hopefully it works. If not my buddy has some stock srt8 cats with 02 sensors still in them. I could always have a muffler shop throw those on, take the test and then come back and have my mids put back on. Thats last resort though.

if your gonna install stuff then just have them burn the old sensor bungs out and weld in new ones so you can install the foulers.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 7:16 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
why do you guys get so many codes i dont understand???

i don't get any codes in the car.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 7:24 pm

jontoad wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

if your gonna install stuff then just have them burn the old sensor bungs out and weld in new ones so you can install the foulers.
How hard is something like that to do, and who would i have do it?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 7:33 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
HiPwr wrote:

How hard is something like that to do, and who would i have do it?

any exhaust shop can add a bung in. i would think they could burn the old ones out and reinstall new ones too. worst case leave the old ones in and just make new bungs. cut the wires and wire in whatever you need like new sensors or o2 sim boxes.

how do your foulers hook up? you got a pic of them. do they need the sensors there or do they just wire in?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:49 pm

The foulers screw in before the 02 sensors, and then you screw the 02 sensors in to the foulers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emissions test   Emissions test - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emissions test
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next