Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those of us who have a door over our cupholders

Go down 
+6
eviltrycycle
chargerchick
liljoejoe54
HiPwr
Iguanaman
moaugust88
10 posters
AuthorMessage
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

For those of us who have a door over our cupholders Empty
PostSubject: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2010, 12:30 am

What's the best way that you have found to clean the rubber that is inside of our cup-holders. They are a PITA to get out and the same story to put back in. Maybe I am missing something but just wanted to see other way people have done it. I current have my console completely out, yes I'm OCD like that, and I'm vacuuming and cleaning my car tomorrow as only day off and I think I have work on the weekend. But even for all the crap and considering how rare our cup-holders are along with the very clean look, I wouldn't get rid of them.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 7:57 am

? No word?
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 8:00 am

I was wondering about this too, Mo. I want to do the same.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 8:03 am

I'm really just wondering something easier. Admittedly, I took apart the whole center console to get at mine. But I was cleaning the car interior no big deal. But say pop or coffee get spilled in the mean time, need something easier to go on to clean, instead of working with the car.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 8:44 am

When receiving a coke from a drive-thru window:

1. Check the lid to see if it is on properly.

2. Wipe down the outside of the cup for the shit they spill over almost every single time. I've had occasions where I've had them give me extra napkins to wipe it down even before I bring it into the car and then I return the coke-soaked napkins to them. This seems to annoy them.

3. Insert straw and drink enough to get it away from the lid.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 8:49 am

HiPwr wrote:
When receiving a coke from a drive-thru window:

1. Check the lid to see if it is on properly.

2. Wipe down the outside of the cup for the shit they spill over almost every single time. I've had occasions where I've had them give me extra napkins to wipe it down even before I bring it into the car and then I return the coke-soaked napkins to them. This seems to annoy them.

3. Insert straw and drink enough to get it away from the lid.

Great plan.

Do you know an easy way to get the cupholders out to clean them?
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 9:03 am

I haven't needed to go to that extent. I keep them from getting crudded up in the first place. Smile
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 9:08 am

Well I don't but a**holes that come into my car and leave crud on my cupholers. lol
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 10:15 am

I never knew the rubber liner can come out. I thought it was molded into the console itself. Ill take a look the next time I have my console out (I have no clue when that will be) but I will let you know if I find out.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 3:25 pm

Just get the garden hose and spray it out. Works for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 3:44 pm

chargerchick wrote:

Do you have the cupholder with the door? and yeah the rubber liner comes out but like I said it's a PITA to remove.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 3:47 pm

You can probably take a rag and put a pencil on the inside with the eraser facing the cloth. Then spray some cleaner in the cupholders and use the eraser/cloth to get into the hard spots.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 3:48 pm

Oh I'm sorry Mo! I was just joking around. I do NOT take the hose to my car!

But...I would think that would work fantastic IF you remove it from the car first. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 3:49 pm

LOL yeah it would. IDK I guess I'm the only one that like to remove it. I like to be meticulous about the way clean is in my car. Then again everyone is like that... in some form or another.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 3:55 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
I never knew the rubber liner can come out. I thought it was molded into the console itself. Ill take a look the next time I have my console out (I have no clue when that will be) but I will let you know if I find out.

I need to look at mine as well, I didn't think it came out. Hmmm after my 4 pm meeting will run out there.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 4:17 pm

Ok I went out and checked and it does look like it comes out but its not an easy thing at all. I could wiggle mine around just a little bit.

The only thing I can thing of would be to basically "flood" them with cleaner and use a shop vac to really get into there.

Maybe Kevin knows a trick since this is what he does for a living. I am taking my car to him next week so if he doesn't chime in I will make it a point to ask him.
Back to top Go down
ktraver97ss
CAMM Member
ktraver97ss

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 4:35 pm

Well, we usually take them out if they can come out. Then we would spray them with my interior cleaner, scrub with a detail brush and then rinse thoroughly in the sink.

If they don't come out, or you would rather not wrestle them out I would spray liberally with my interior cleaner or an all purpose cleaner of your choice. Then, scrub with a detail brush and suck out with vacuum. Wipe the remaining residue with a micro fiber towel.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 5:08 pm

ktraver97ss wrote:
Well, we usually take them out if they can come out. Then we would spray them with my interior cleaner, scrub with a detail brush and then rinse thoroughly in the sink.

If they don't come out, or you would rather not wrestle them out I would spray liberally with my interior cleaner or an all purpose cleaner of your choice. Then, scrub with a detail brush and suck out with vacuum. Wipe the remaining residue with a micro fiber towel.
You should start a thread, plugging your line of cleaners and wax. I know the water based tire shine is great.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 5:20 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
ktraver97ss wrote:

You should start a thread, plugging your line of cleaners and wax. I know the water based tire shine is great.

Agree 100%
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 6:05 pm

ktraver97ss wrote:

Thanks for the tip! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 8:42 pm

Yeah if you want to take it out it requires a flat-head screwdriver.
Back to top Go down
The Italian Mistress
CAMM Member
The Italian Mistress

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 8:58 pm

chargerchick wrote:

OMG Chris you are so funny ....... Smile
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 9:00 pm

i tried a blow torch didnt work out to well...and man plastic smells so bad...
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 9:06 pm

The Italian Mistress wrote:
chargerchick wrote:

OMG Chris you are so funny ....... Smile

Thanks Deb! I'm glad someone thinks so! LOL! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those of us who have a door over our cupholders   For those of us who have a door over our cupholders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those of us who have a door over our cupholders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Interior-
Jump to: