Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much more HP I gained?

Go down 
+7
jontoad
liljoejoe54
ghost
Illinois Chaos
Shawn1112
JacksSRT8
eortiz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
eortiz
CAMM Member

How much more HP I gained? Empty
PostSubject: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 2:30 pm

With a K&N CAI and magnaflow cat back sytem - How much more HP you would say approximately guessed I gained? doh
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 2:39 pm

if i had to guess 10-20 tops?......
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 2:41 pm

What he said, sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 2:44 pm

eortiz wrote:
With a K&N CAI and magnaflow cat back sytem - How much more HP you would say approximately guessed I gained? doh

On the srt8 the stock exhaust/w/shorty headers flows well. Same goes for the stock cai. With after market on both I'd say around 8-10 tops.
Back to top Go down
eortiz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 3:57 pm

How about with the Diablo would push out?
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 4:10 pm

11-13 is what i gained with bolt ons. my last engine was a freak of nature though.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 4:26 pm

eortiz wrote:

I have heard the Predator will put 20 to the wheels. I dont know how true that is but it sure as hell feels like it does.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 6:36 pm

eortiz wrote:

Maybe 17rwhp alltogether.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 9:16 pm

diablo claims 25 to the wheels on the 6.1L on their website. i dunno how accurate that is but it totally changes the cars attitude.
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 9:52 pm

20-25 is right.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2010, 11:13 pm

kooch wrote:
20-25 is right.

All I know is I gained 17 and almost every dyno tune I've watched has also gained 17 or +1, -1. I've never seen anyone gain more than that with a cai, perf. exhaust and a 180 t-stat on a preditor CMR tune. Most aftermarket performance mods are hyped up numbers from the seller. They call it estimated hp gains. Doesn't mean you get them. Example from Vortechs web site: Please Note
* Supercharged horsepower and torque data shown is a calculated estimate based on percentage increases from actual rear wheel hp/tq measurements. Higher boost and power levels are available for modified engines.

Here is the % formula that they are calculating with from actual rear wheel hp. You use the rwhp and divide it by .85 to get your estimated hp to the flywheel. Vortech estimates 560 hp with the V-3 Si-Trim gear driven centrifugal supercharger that I have installed on my motor. I made exactly 500 rwhp with the supplied tune from Vortech. 500 divided by .85 = 588hp. In this case my estimated gain is higher. They estimate 560hp on a bone stock motor. I make 588 or 18hp more. There is that +16-18 number again. The only way that you will ever know what you are gaining in hp, is to get a pull on a dyno.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 5:43 am

Nice post, Tom. I think there are variables that muddy the accuracy of that 0.85 divisor, but it's a good place to start for an estimate.

Ultimately, unless you dyno, it's all guesswork to some degree.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 6:34 am

Great post Tom!!!
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 8:06 am

Yes great post Tom, but I still think its between 20 and 25. Please Dyno your machine and post your results.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 8:19 am

On my RT when I started to mod My base line was 286RWHP. After CAI, Cat Back, and a base SC tune I was at 306RWHP. After Heads, Cam, Shorties and mids with a CMR tune I was At 370RWHP. Remember that there are a lot of variables associated with Dynos and drive line loss. Different types of dynos will yield different results even under the same conditions. Try to have all your base line runs done on the same dyno to get a better idea of results as you go thru the mod process. Also almost all manufactures performance gains estimates are based off of Motor HP/TQ not real world RWHP (what your putting down to the ground).
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 8:21 am

cjresto wrote:
On my RT when I started to mod My base line was 286RWHP. After CAI, Cat Back, and a base SC tune I was at 306RWHP. After Heads, Cam, Shorties and mids with a CMR tune I was At 370RWHP. Remember that there are a lot of variables associated with Dynos and drive line loss. Different types of dynos will yield different results even under the same conditions. Try to have all your base line runs done on the same dyno to get a better idea of results as you go thru the mod process. Also almost all manufactures performance gains estimates are based off of Motor HP/TQ not real world RWHP (what your putting down to the ground).

Nicely put...............
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 8:25 am

Also before people start busting on me. RWHP stands for Rear wheel horse power..lol
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 8:26 am

cjresto wrote:

Yes, excellent point about baselining and re-evaluating on the same dyno.

Oh, and we all know what RWHP means.
Back to top Go down
ktraver97ss
CAMM Member
ktraver97ss

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 12:08 pm

Just get the "Tornado" for your intake, easy 20whp.

Rolling Eyes
rofl
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 12:37 pm

ktraver97ss wrote:
Just get the "Tornado" for your intake, easy 20whp.
lmfao!!!

Rolling Eyes
rofl
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2010, 1:02 pm

cjresto wrote:

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much more HP I gained?   How much more HP I gained? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much more HP I gained?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: