Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Am radio crackles

Go down 
+10
firestartr420
AlterEgo
jontoad
chargerchick
Shawn1112
Moparcharger07
eviltrycycle
cjresto
jesse031081
pjcharger
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 3:09 pm

ok so when i got the car it had an amp problem the radio was cutting out big time and crackling and stuff. So i took it to sch dodge and they swapped the amp for me, seemed to have fixed the problem. Except when listening to AM radio it still crackles like every minute or 2 you will hear a pop or a crackle. So i take it back.

As always I am 5th in line at 730 this morning and by 3pm have I gotten a call yet?? NOPE! So i call them and after a nice 5 minute wait I get the explanation.

Nothing is wrong am radio does that sometimes, maybe its your tinted windows.

What????

I have listened to AM radio my whole life in the crappiest cars ever and this never happened.

And wow unless I am totally high, my windows arent tinted even a little, crap is my rear window tinted?? I cant even think straight.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:03 pm

is it only when driving in certain areas or anywhere
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:55 pm

I hate to agree with the stealership, but as soon as I got my windows tinted I now have almost no AM reception. I think the antena that is in the back window just sucks.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:57 pm

Unfortunately I have heard that as well from a few other owners. Things were find until the tint went on and then reception went out the window.

I have no tint on mine at all and lately the FM stations have been fuzzy coming in one day and totally fine the next. So not really sure what is going on there.

Hope you get it figured out PJ.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 9:10 pm

Yep no problems at all with my FM. But the day I had the tint done I dropped off my car when at work and left it on AM (for the morning traffic reports). When I got in after the tint, started it up still on AM and no reception.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 9:13 pm

My radio is messed up too, on CD anywhere between 20 -30 is cuts out when playing... so it's either LOUD or soft, I pick loud LOL
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 9:15 pm

The only part of the radio I have never had an issue with was when I had sat radio. Randomly now when I am ejecting a CD it will take a very long time to spit it out or it will kinda eject then take it back then finally spit it out.

Between that and my sunroof dropping again I am thinking extended a warrenty might have been the way to go.
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 9:34 pm

damm I was gonna black out the back window too, it just has a slight tint on top of the window thats it
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 9:37 pm

I talked to a guy at UG about becoming a site sponsor and he does radios and speakers and all that jazz. If he signs up maybe he will have a fix for it. I have his card with his website address if you want to contact him on your own I will be happy to give you his info.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 9:41 pm

i know that in my line of work that i find that the power lines interfere with my a m radio and thats how i track problems sometimes
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 7:50 am

eviltrycycle wrote:
I talked to a guy at UG about becoming a site sponsor and he does radios and speakers and all that jazz. If he signs up maybe he will have a fix for it. I have his card with his website address if you want to contact him on your own I will be happy to give you his info.
Still waiting on him also.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 12:50 pm

Yep I told him to sign up and we would set him up. What he does seems right up your alley Shawn. I told him maybe replacing my stock stuff with a little higher grade stuff but other then that I really don't want to add weight to the car.

Hope he signs up.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 2:40 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:

Between that and my sunroof dropping again I am thinking extended a warrenty might have been the way to go.

My sunroof dropped also...here's a fix for it.

Sunroof Recalibration:

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
DIAGNOSIS:
1. Verify the rear of the sunroof glass to roof flushness concern.
2. UNCALIBRATE THE SUNROOF.
a. Insure the battery is at least 12 Volts.
b. Place the ignition switch in RUN position.
c. Locate the sunroof fuse (Fuse 44 in the Power Distribution Center located in the
trunk).
d. While the sunroof is still in motion, have an assistant remove the sunroof fuse.
e. Reinstall the sunroof fuse.
NUMBER: 23-040-06
GROUP: Body
DATE: September 26, 2006
3. RECALIBRATE THE SUNROOF
a. Press and hold the sunroof vent switch until it stops at the full vent position.
b. Verify sunroof operation by opening, closing, and venting the sunroof.
c. If the uncalibrate/recalibrate procedure corrected the sunroof glass to roof fit,
perform the Repair Procedure.
4. If the uncalibrate/recalibrate procedure did not eliminate the sunroof glass to roof fit,
use the procedures outlined in TechCONNECT®️ BODY/SUNROOF/GLASS
PANEL/ADJUSTMENTS to adjust the glass panel. If the sunroof glass is now flush,
perform the Repair Procedure.
If the vehicle operator describes or experiences the Symptom/Condition, perform the repair procedure [...]
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 2:41 pm

Thanks Chris appreciate that.

HEY GUYS guess what you guys are doing at the next mod night....
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 2:44 pm

Sure thing! Hope it works for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 4:05 pm

my kicker system factory interior speaker amp was shit. it would pop and crackle when the bass and treble hit hard at the same time mostly on the back speakers. i got the kicker upgrade amp from moparsupercenter for like 150 bux and it fixed it. made it sound a hell of a lot better too. its a pain in the ass to install it tho. it goes next to the trans control module near the steering column.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 11:10 pm

I didn't know that anyone under age 70 listened to AM radio.

Hmm, Who knew? Am radio crackles 401677
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 11:18 pm

Hey! I do sometimes.....
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 12:20 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
I didn't know that anyone under age 70 listened to AM radio.

Hmm, Who knew? Am radio crackles 401677

Hey Evil or Very Mad !!!!!!! thats not nice.... 720AM is where its at!!!! and AM radio is the safer radio to listen to during a thunderstorm too, cuz the signal is affected by the static produced by lightning.... you know how far away the storm is by how badly your AM radio crackles
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 1:18 pm

LMAO!! I didn't know that comment would get me so much shit!!! OK OK, sorry, I don't think I know how to tune my car to an AM station!!! Sorry! Smile LMAO!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 1:22 pm

i listen to more am than fm as well. cds or mp3 if i am listening to music. i really have found absolutely no real purpose for fm radio...kinda like ketsup.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 2:09 pm

ghost wrote:
i listen to more am than fm as well. cds or mp3 if i am listening to music. i really have found absolutely no real purpose for fm radio...kinda like ketsup.

WHAT, ketsup RULES!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 7:06 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
ghost wrote:

WHAT, ketsup RULES!

damn southerners... you guys could live on katsup and coke.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 7:28 pm

jontoad wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:
ghost wrote:

WHAT, ketsup RULES!

damn southerners... you guys could live on katsup and coke.
lmfao
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 8:02 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
ghost wrote:

WHAT, ketsup RULES!

catsup has no purpose in the human diet above the age of 3....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Am radio crackles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am radio crackles   Am radio crackles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am radio crackles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next