Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

squeaky brakes already? 18k miles

Go down 
+2
HiPwr
pjcharger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

squeaky brakes already? 18k miles Empty
PostSubject: squeaky brakes already? 18k miles   squeaky brakes already? 18k miles I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 9:53 pm

On my 06 srt8 the brakes seem to be squeaking more than they used to. When I first got it in December it maybe squeaked just a bit. Lately now it seems to do it over 50% of the time. Could those pads be dead already at 18k miles?
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: squeaky brakes already? 18k miles   squeaky brakes already? 18k miles I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 10:01 pm

Absolutely. Mine went to hell around 20k, I believe. Get those ones I sent you in the PM.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: squeaky brakes already? 18k miles   squeaky brakes already? 18k miles I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 10:01 pm

I'm sure they are not worn out, the stock SRT pads have squealer clips that are annoying as hell. you will know when you hit them. they will squeal even when you are not on the brakes... even at that point i broke the clips off and got a couple more miles out of them in silence before i changed them out.

you might have to lube the backing plates on the pads better or do some hard stops to clear them out.
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

PostSubject: Re: squeaky brakes already? 18k miles   squeaky brakes already? 18k miles I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 10:10 pm

i was gonna order up those ones eric just to have em when needed, thanks as always for the quick replies.

Gotcha Jon I'll do a quick 80-0 tomorrow maybe that'll fix it up for now anyways.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: squeaky brakes already? 18k miles   squeaky brakes already? 18k miles I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 10:16 pm

my brakes are getting quite squeaky too. I have really noticed it this year. Maybe it's time for new ones too.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: squeaky brakes already? 18k miles   squeaky brakes already? 18k miles I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 1:17 am

My front ones squeak but not all the time. Only 25K on the car. Guess I need to replace mine too. Sad
Back to top Go down
pstlgrp
CAMM Pro
pstlgrp

PostSubject: Re: squeaky brakes already? 18k miles   squeaky brakes already? 18k miles I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 7:10 am

Mine have been squeaking for a while. I only have 10K. *sigh* We put new brakes on the 02 Durango last year. They are from the dealer, they squeaked almost instantly. Mopar needs to revamp these brakes they are using. SHEESH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: squeaky brakes already? 18k miles   squeaky brakes already? 18k miles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

squeaky brakes already? 18k miles
Page 1 of 1