Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much to paint hood???

Go down 
+3
xegitalian19xx
chargerchick
hemiflex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hemiflex
CAMM Rookie

How much to paint hood??? Empty
PostSubject: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 11:42 pm

Hi Im thinking about getting the Danko shaker hood for my challenger srt. About how much would it be to paint the hood Hemi Orange (it comes ready for top coat)? Joliet/Plainfield area. Thanks
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 1:20 am

I paid 400 to get just the hood painted. BUT it didn't match the rest of the car. You might have better luck with your color, but in order to do it right....they need to blend the paint into your fenders and bumper. Add another 400 for that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 7:44 am

^^^^What she said...If you want it blended that is....and you would prolly want to blend it as well since Hemi Orange isn't the easiest color to match!
Back to top Go down
hemiflex
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 8:19 am

Thanks ... Damm So about 800? Time to start saving again.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 7:00 pm

if you do a flat or satin black hood with an orange shaker you wouldn't have to blend anything and it would look old school.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 7:06 pm

I think I paid $200-$250 or so. Without blending, and it matches great. My paint guy used his paint chips and some sun-gun thing. And that was a two tone paint job as well, silver steel with gloss black on the scoop
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 8:48 pm

jontoad wrote:
if you do a flat or satin black hood with an orange shaker you wouldn't have to blend anything and it would look old school.

That would look so cool! Cool
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 8:53 pm

My truflex fiberglass hood cost 700 to paint. Even tho it was ready to top coat there was still a lot prime block sand prime sand to be done to make it look like glass.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 10:59 pm

$700-$1000 to have everything blended
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much to paint hood???   How much to paint hood??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much to paint hood???
Page 1 of 1