Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good old R1 concepts

Go down 
+5
Shawn1112
ghost
HiPwr
jontoad
Sublime378
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

Good old R1 concepts Empty
PostSubject: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 1:40 pm

So I was laying around today I had to take the week of of work becuse of the flue and I get a package I was like YAY I opened it up and it was suppost to be
Good old R1 concepts PDSdrilledslotted5
but I got
Good old R1 concepts Drilledslotted5 still nice looking but I paid for the premium onces and it is a big price deffrence so I looked at my emails I just fig they charged me for the other ones but nope I got billed for the prems but sent somthing elese Sad so I keep calling and calling but no anwswer from them so I sent emails the boxs they cam in are destroyed to but the parts are good I just hate dealing with stuff like this Sad
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 1:53 pm

that sux. seems to be a big difference in the size of the space for the cooling veins. i don't know if it will matter on the street but thats nice for the track.
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 2:01 pm

about 80 dollors diff for each pair thats pretty big diff they just called me to and there sending me the right pair they sent me two pairs of fronts to
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 2:23 pm

I'm moving this to Vendor Reviews. Keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 1:29 pm

Cool they got back to me after I called a bunch haha they seemed to admit fault right away witch not shure it's good or bad but they did resend the parts I got the ups email lastnight and sent me a ups stamps but really how hard is it to ship the right parts it's not like the parts they shipped was the same stock number they shipped me a totoly diff numbers but owww wel should get my brakes some time next week I hope.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 2:04 pm

what is the actual difference between the 2?
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 2:51 pm

Well if you look at the pics the bottoms are the ones I got but I was suppost to get the ones on the top The ones are top are pouder coated black witch was good for me becuse I don't race but I plan on going to as many shows as I can this year.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 3:02 pm

I have the same rotors you were supposed to get. I dont know if its because I dont drive my car much, but they get rusty all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 9:01 pm

really great mines a 07 with 20000 miles Sad
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 11:24 pm

I'm in the middle of an issue with R1 too.

Here's a brief portion of my PM history on this with them:
Iguanaman wrote:
Steven-

Received my order, but it looks like there's a problem. I received what looks like the correct box of front rotors...slotted, but the box with the rear rotors has drilled and slotted rotors, and the caliper paint I received is yellow, not black. Is it possible two of my three boxes were switched with someone else's order? I can send you pictures if you need.

-Dave
r1concepts wrote:
Dave,

I apologize about this. There must of been a mix up in the shipping because your order did say slotted only and black caliper paint. I will send you an UPS return call tag to your email address. Please print it out, box up the rear rotors and g2 caliper yellow paint. Put the label on top of the box and send it back with UPS, it is paid for. I will go ahead and ship another package out today for you. In addition, I will note your order for an extra 10% discount on any car besides the LX if you need any in the future for your inconvenience.

Please double check the rotors and pads you will be keeping, so I can resend the correct ones:

front slotted rotors: #120.63061 - should be about 13.5 inch diameter

front pad: #105.10580
rear pad: #10510570
Iguanaman wrote:
Steven-

That's cool, thanks for the quick response. If you can send a second label, I can ship the rear rotors and caliper paint back in their original boxes?

-Dave
r1concepts wrote:
second return label sent, thanks.
Iguanaman wrote:
Steven-

I might have answered my own question on the rotors I thought were right. The slotting pattern doesn't look the same as the product picture from your website, so I'm thinking I have incorrect ones.

Here's the website pic of the premium slotted rotors, followed by the ones I have. Attached pics of the pads too. Tell me what I should keep and what I should send back. If I should send back ALL the rotors, I need a third return shipping label:

Good old R1 concepts PSslotted5

Good old R1 concepts 2010-04-03164152
Good old R1 concepts 2010-04-03164249
Good old R1 concepts 2010-04-03164259
Good old R1 concepts 2010-04-03164312

Good old R1 concepts 2010-04-03165806
Good old R1 concepts 2010-04-03165730

The posi-quiet boxes packed with the rotors came pre-ripped up, by the way. Fine with me, just wanted you to know I didn't do that.

-Dave
r1concepts wrote:
If they are 12.5, they must be the rears. I will send you the 13.5 fronts along with the black g2 paint.
Iguanaman wrote:
OK, but what I have doesn't look like the premium slotted rotors? Did the slotting pattern change from the website picture?
r1concepts wrote:
That picture is what we call, staggered slots or mini slots. What you got is the correct drilling pattern for slotted only.
Iguanaman wrote:
OK, thanks...let me know when you ship out the new rear rotors and paint...I'll need some help installing these so I'll need to plan for it.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 12:33 am

Geesh..... glad they are making it right though.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 12:53 am

Still waiting for my replacement rotors...been about 5 days

PM'ed Steven last night...email with shipping info showed up minutes later. Shipped last night, due to show up here on the 15th. MAAAAYBE they go in on Saturday the 17th? Have to find a place to do them up by me to have a shot.

Damn, caliper paint takes a whole day to dry? Tough to be out of commission with my DD that long.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 3:09 am

Damn.. Sucks to hear.. I haven't heard much bad things from R1.. But at least he is making everything right pretty quickly..
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 8:06 am

Hoodie wrote:
Damn.. Sucks to hear.. I haven't heard much bad things from R1.. But at least he is making everything right pretty quickly..

He is. I'd still recommend them, as of now.
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 8:25 am

Man Iguanaman I can't wait to meet you on sunday becuse we think alike I allmost oreded the same stupp with pads and everything haha mine I hope should be here this week ready for sunday but we will see they are very nice poeple they just need to double check before they ship and those pics with 12 1/2 are deff the back ones 13.5 are the front and 12.5 in the back they sent me 13.5 in the back even though I told them in the notes that mine where the smaller in the back but owell I'll just be happy to get the right parts I ordered
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 8:50 am

Yeah, John, definitely find me or I'll find you.
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 7:33 pm

YAY I got mine in the mail there the right ones and they even look like the pic Very Happy I just got to try to get them put on by sunday its going to be close I got so much going on till then
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 8:22 pm

Yay! Glad you got the right ones! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good old R1 concepts   Good old R1 concepts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good old R1 concepts
Page 1 of 1