Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HID's

Go down 
+3
irishrt5.7
Shawn1112
AR-15QUEEN
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

HID's Empty
PostSubject: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 11:11 am

a friend of mine sent me this..

I don't know anything about the HID's....is this a good deal?

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=209653
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 11:18 am

Thats a great price
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 11:22 am

that is a really good deal...
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 11:23 am

Ok cool...he sent me that link asking if I was interested. I just didn't know what they cost on average.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 4:53 pm

great price... but there isnt any info about them? like the manufacturer, warranty, nothing... and he mentions bulb size, but doesnt say anything about the plug type on the bulb... if you get the 90* angled plugged on the bulb.. it isnt going to fit into the housing, you need the straight plug... usually 9006XS they call it...
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 4:54 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
great price... but there isnt any info about them? like the manufacturer, warranty, nothing... and he mentions bulb size, but doesnt say anything about the plug type on the bulb... if you get the 90* angled plugged on the bulb.. it isnt going to fit into the housing, you need the straight plug... usually 9006XS they call it...

Ok Thanks..I'll keep that in mind if I decide to buy them.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 4:58 pm

That is a good deal but make sure you find out what brand they are and also if they come with any anti flickering harnesses otherwise you will have to buy those separately. You need them to keep your lights from flickering while they are on.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 5:10 pm

oh, and if you decide to buy them...... from what i found when i was looking for HIDs myself, i would suggest getting a color temp no more than 10000K (mine are 8000K) because of something that has to do with light wash... and i understood light wash to be something kinda like the difference between regular and HD tv
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 9:24 pm

i got the kit from debears2k on lxforums that are a plug and play kit for lx cars. bow eliminators and bulb out warnings are built in. so far they have been great, i love them.

70 bux plus shipping (i got the 35w 9006 with either 8000 or 10000k i cant remember which)

http://www.dabears2k.com/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=296
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2010, 6:57 am

jontoad wrote:
i got the kit from debears2k on lxforums that are a plug and play kit for lx cars. bow eliminators and bulb out warnings are built in. so far they have been great, i love them.

70 bux plus shipping (i got the 35w 9006 with either 8000 or 10000k i cant remember which)

Thats a hell of a price. I paid more than that for my ebay cheapie fogs bulbs and every now and then one of the lights dont turn on. You havent had any problems with only one bulb turning on?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2010, 7:08 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:

Thats a hell of a price. I paid more than that for my ebay cheapie fogs bulbs and every now and then one of the lights dont turn on. You havent had any problems with only one bulb turning on?

I hated that shit. On----off----on again. Thanks Joey for helping out with my kit. No problems at all now.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2010, 9:16 am

i found my kits on ebay for 130.... wish i would have found these $70 deals when i was looking... i got the EuroEFX kit, 35w, 8000K, anti-flicker and bulb outage built into to the ballast, was a simple plug and play as well.... and now that i have them... i will never go back to regular lights again...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2010, 8:53 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:

i have had 0 problems with them. no one bulb, no flicker, nothing.

when you install them you have to make sure you flip the one connection where the harness from the car would plug into the stock headlight bulb. just flip it when you put it into the ballast of the HID. LX cars are reverse polarity and if you don't flip that plug you will have the problems you mentioned and also you burn out ballasts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HID's Empty
PostSubject: Re: HID's   HID's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HID's
Page 1 of 1