Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NO ESP Mod

Go down 
+8
BlackTNT
eviltrycycle
bogieboy
HemiMag
Motor
Headtripp
Shawn1112
irishrt5.7
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

NO ESP Mod - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 12:00 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
Electronic Stability Program

Electronic stability control (ESC) is a computerized technology that improves the safety of a vehicle's stability by detecting and minimizing skids. When ESC detects loss of steering control, ESC automatically applies the brakes to help "steer" the vehicle where the driver intends to go. Braking is automatically applied to individual wheels, such as the outer front wheel to counter oversteer, or the inner rear wheel to counter understeer. Some ESC systems also reduce engine power until control is regained.Electronic stability control does not improve a vehicle's cornering performance; rather it helps to minimize a loss of control. According to the IIHS and NHTSA one-third of fatal accidents could be prevented by the technology.

Ahhhhh...that useless performance robbing, fun killing computer virus that they put on new cars......glad my truck doesn't have that!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 12:01 pm

ding ding ding .... you got that right it sucks...
Back to top Go down
BlackTNT
CAMM Member
BlackTNT

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 12:57 pm

does that work the same as the Key trick or is it better ???????
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 1:57 pm

BlackTNT wrote:
does that work the same as the Key trick or is it better ???????

Same as the key trick just you don't have to be going 15mpg in order the this to work...you just flip a switch....I could do the key trick as well but the switch is nice because no one ever tries to mess with me while i'm already crusing...so it's nice at a light where you can just flip the switch and go
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 2:33 pm

not to mention on the 05s the key trick doesnt work...
Back to top Go down
BlackTNT
CAMM Member
BlackTNT

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 2:34 pm

i agree i must do thet mod now....;-)
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 2:39 pm

its a real simple mod
Back to top Go down
BlackTNT
CAMM Member
BlackTNT

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 2:44 pm

do we have a link?????????
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 2:59 pm

well i can tell you what i did... i dont know how other people do it... motor posted one link that has one way to do it...

i will do a write up later tonight how i did mine...
Back to top Go down
BlackTNT
CAMM Member
BlackTNT

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 3:00 pm

ok thanks .......i love to burn my tires up lol
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 3:03 pm

well this will do it really fast trust me...
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 5:48 pm

Ok so here is what i did... went to radio shack and bought a 30A 12volt switch. Because i dont mind switches showing i have it mounted on the left side of my dash under the cluster next to the steering wheel. i then ran 2 wires from the fuse box under the hood around the back of the engine bay and in thru the rubber grommet on the drivers side. i used 2 female connectors and attached them to the acc and the power portion of the switch...then i grounded the switch by using an open face connector to the bolt that holds my factory stereo amp behind the dash. once all those connections were done i went back under the hood. for the wiring under the hood you will need a piece of wire that is about 2.5 inches long with 1 male and 1 female connector attached to it. Pull out fuse 17. attach the wire that is going to the power section of the switch w/ a female connector to the copper or gold tab that is where the fuse used to sit in.The other wire that is attached to the accessory part of the switch use a male connector and stick it into one side of the fuse. now take the little wire that you made and connect to the other side of the fuse using the male connector and the female connector onto the other tab where the fuse used to sit. this side is silver... thats it...

One thing this fuse is always hot.... it has a current that runs to it 247... i turn it off when i get out of the car just incase seeing my switch is illuminated and i dont know if something like this will drain the battery...

if there is a electronics guru here please help out so people will know if this will drain the battery...

You will hear a chime when this is not turned on just as if you have removed the fuse because it will kill your anti lock breaks...

These are the male and female connectors i was talking about..
NO ESP Mod - Page 2 Ymfsolderless

Dont have pics but will try to take some this weekend if i get a chance...
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 6:44 pm

Ahh so basically you just cut off power to the DSS box in the center console. I have mine done with the NoESP mod chip in the dash. No other visible button and clean look. You just press the ESP button for 5 seconds and it turns off. Like in an SRT but RT modded. But while I don't see a single light draining your battery, I do see it draining a weak battery. Hmm you could have the switch run off of a relay so that it's on only when the car is on. But who needs that much wiring to do.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 7:18 pm

yeah i wasnt going to go thru that much wiring...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 8:50 pm

Motor wrote:
no. you splice into the wires for the esp and kill it completely. i have it under the center arm rest...hit the switch and it kills it.

mine is done your way. cost like 6 bux in radioshack parts. wire, lighted switch, and a couple connectors. I don't need ESP taking my power when i get sideways. lol.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 8:55 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
Ahh so basically you just cut off power to the DSS box in the center console. I have mine done with the NoESP mod chip in the dash. No other visible button and clean look. You just press the ESP button for 5 seconds and it turns off. Like in an SRT but RT modded. But while I don't see a single light draining your battery, I do see it draining a weak battery. Hmm you could have the switch run off of a relay so that it's on only when the car is on. But who needs that much wiring to do.

the srt button is not 100% off even when my dash says it is. thats why i have the switch on my DSS box too. with the normal SRT button use to switch ESP off it still cuts power when you get sideways, from what i hear that switch is only 80% off. its on just enough to use the ABS to drag a brake so you spin 2 tires. with the DSS switch it kills it 100%.

if you get the right switch the power for the light runs off the power from the DSS box. so the switch light doesn't stay on when the car is off.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 9:04 pm

Yeah but the NoESP mod like I said is like the SRT ESP but completely disabled.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 9:09 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
Yeah but the NoESP mod like I said is like the SRT ESP but completely disabled.

gotcha. that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 9:13 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
Ok so here is what i did... went to radio shack and bought a 30A 12volt switch. Because i dont mind switches showing i have it mounted on the left side of my dash under the cluster next to the steering wheel. i then ran 2 wires from the fuse box under the hood around the back of the engine bay and in thru the rubber grommet on the drivers side. i used 2 female connectors and attached them to the acc and the power portion of the switch...then i grounded the switch by using an open face connector to the bolt that holds my factory stereo amp behind the dash. once all those connections were done i went back under the hood. for the wiring under the hood you will need a piece of wire that is about 2.5 inches long with 1 male and 1 female connector attached to it. Pull out fuse 17. attach the wire that is going to the power section of the switch w/ a female connector to the copper or gold tab that is where the fuse used to sit in.The other wire that is attached to the accessory part of the switch use a male connector and stick it into one side of the fuse. now take the little wire that you made and connect to the other side of the fuse using the male connector and the female connector onto the other tab where the fuse used to sit. this side is silver... thats it...

One thing this fuse is always hot.... it has a current that runs to it 247... i turn it off when i get out of the car just incase seeing my switch is illuminated and i dont know if something like this will drain the battery...

if there is a electronics guru here please help out so people will know if this will drain the battery...

You will hear a chime when this is not turned on just as if you have removed the fuse because it will kill your anti lock breaks...

These are the male and female connectors i was talking about..
NO ESP Mod - Page 2 Ymfsolderless

Dont have pics but will try to take some this weekend if i get a chance...

the way you did it is actually way more wiring than putting a switch on the power wire for the DSS box. none of my wires are over a foot long for my splice and you just splice a switch on one wire. if its a lighted switch like i have you just run the ground wire to the bolt for the DSS box and your set. switch doesn't stay lighted when car is off either.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 9:21 pm

Yeah but the way he did it was so they he didn't have to cut the DSS wire. Safe wiring it's all it is. But hey it works.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 10:20 pm

Thanks for the info and the pics Brian. You aren't as bad as everyone says you are. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlackTNT
CAMM Member
BlackTNT

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2010, 1:01 pm

Thanks..i'll head to radio shack right now ...its sunny out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO ESP Mod   NO ESP Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NO ESP Mod
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: