Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

car cover

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

car cover Empty
PostSubject: car cover   car cover I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2010, 9:12 am

can anyone recommend a car cover? the car will be kept inside a garage but a friend is looking for a cover and was asking for any input.

thanks
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

car cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: car cover   car cover I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2010, 9:46 am

if its in a garage he might just want a light dust cover. car covers are expensive.

i use a Wolf brand cover from summit on my car, but for some reason i just didn't even use it this year.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

car cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: car cover   car cover I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2010, 10:16 am

I don't use a cover on my garaged Charger. The reason being that I open my garage door exposing the vehicle to the wind on a regular basis. I don't trust a car cover to be tight enough to not inflate to some degree from the blowing wind that carries debris. I see a potential situation if grit gets underneath the cover and is moved around by subsequent winds while being pushed back down by the cover causing small scratches in the paint.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

car cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: car cover   car cover I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2010, 12:32 pm

crazy933 wrote:
can anyone recommend a car cover? the car will be kept inside a garage but a friend is looking for a cover and was asking for any input.

thanks

Funny you should ask. I have a new car cover that I put on in the fall. My ride is gar kept. I took it off and never used it again. It comes with a carrying case (if you can figure out how to fold it right to get it back in) Anyway I'll sell it for $30.00. It is a perfect fit on my srt, nothing wrong with it. I just don't use it.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

car cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: car cover   car cover I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2010, 3:00 pm

HiPwr wrote:
I don't use a cover on my garaged Charger. The reason being that I open my garage door exposing the vehicle to the wind on a regular basis. I don't trust a car cover to be tight enough to not inflate to some degree from the blowing wind that carries debris. I see a potential situation if grit gets underneath the cover and is moved around by subsequent winds while being pushed back down by the cover causing small scratches in the paint.

this is the exact reason i haven't used it. i used it on my truck when it used to sit all winter. in the spring i had haze on the paint. it looked like holograms. i had to buff it out. it didn't leave any damage but i haven't used the car cover since besides test fitting it on my car.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

car cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: car cover   car cover I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2010, 3:13 pm

I also used a car cover last year, but not this year. I paid almost $100 for the car cover and I still thing it made some scratches. This year I said fuck it.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

car cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: car cover   car cover I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2010, 5:11 pm

thanks, I told him about the possibility of paint damage and the hazing and he is leaning away from it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

car cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: car cover   car cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

car cover
Page 1 of 1