Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!

Go down 
+3
Shawn1112
Moparcharger07
HemiMag
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! Empty
PostSubject: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 9:35 am

Threegpsi wrote:
Guys and Girls,

We just wanted to share some pictures of our first set of production half covers and firewall combo installed. We got them fitted and the car and they look great. The customer got a logo cut into them so that is a $25 up charge but they came out great. The half covers will come blank unless you have a design requested for them.

Let us know if your interested in doing something like this, we are pretty excited about it!!!

We should have a 5.7 to test here in a few weeks so we will be releasing those shortly.

3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! 101_0004
3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! 101_0009
3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! 101_0008
3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! 101_0005

to all of you out there with half covers....
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 10:56 am

Those would look great all polished up!! Too bad I ain't got myself a Hemi!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 2:35 pm

Fuck, I have to get those!!!!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 5:20 pm

I got a set coming my way pretty soon! I cant wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 5:25 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Set of what?? I just spoke with Ken and he said he cant guarantee the firewall fitment with other half covers. He made it to fit around his half covers.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 5:48 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Set of what?? I just spoke with Ken and he said he cant guarantee the firewall fitment with other half covers. He made it to fit around his half covers.

A set of custom cut half covers. I sent them my half covers to use so they can take measurements off them and make theirs so they are hooking me up. I just got to wait a bit until they get a 5.7 to test fit and make sure everything is good to go.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 5:56 pm

You dirty dog!!! lol Good job Joey!
i like the hustle in you Rock On
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 5:59 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
You dirty dog!!! lol Good job Joey!
i like the hustle in you Rock On

Lol thanks bro. Chi-town taught me well.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 7:15 pm

lol Shawn did you think you were the only donk with a hookup haha
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 7:48 pm

No sir, and I'm glad to see other people getting their hustle on!!!
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 8:04 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

A set of custom cut half covers. I sent them my half covers to use so they can take measurements off them and make theirs so they are hooking me up. I just got to wait a bit until they get a 5.7 to test fit and make sure everything is good to go.

So does that mean if i ordered the firewall cover that it would fit? Since joey and I have the same half covers? Joe you got yours from Madcharger back in the day too right??
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 8:06 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

So does that mean if i ordered the firewall cover that it would fit? Since joey and I have the same half covers? Joe you got yours from Madcharger back in the day too right??

Yeah mine on my car now are the madcharger setup. But the guys from 3G told me they changed a few things on the design so the 3G half covers might not be 100% like the madchargers.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 8:19 pm

Gotcha....as long as it's close though I wouldn't care.. I may have to call them and figure something out...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 9:04 pm

those would be sick with some LED's under em to shine around under the cut out area.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 9:05 pm

jontoad wrote:
those would be sick with some LED's under em to shine around under the cut out area.

Yeppers. I got some ideas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 11:10 pm

Red plexiglass glued to the underside with led lighting would look great
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 11:50 pm

Headtripp wrote:

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!! That is EXACTLY what I am doing, lol. I was gonna take some clear lexan (its stronger than plexiglass) and put a red gel sheet over it and then mount it under the half cover. then rig up some LEDs and tie them into the LEDs on my coolant tank so they all light up at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2010, 9:54 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!! That is EXACTLY what I am doing, lol. I was gonna take some clear lexan (its stronger than plexiglass) and put a red gel sheet over it and then mount it under the half cover. then rig up some LEDs and tie them into the LEDs on my coolant tank so they all light up at the same time.
That would look sick!!!!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2010, 10:44 am

glad you guys got new moddin ideas,as for me I'll be a bit different!!!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2010, 11:30 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

Thats what I would do so it must be the best way haha just make sure if you do the gel sheet it holds up to the heat. I would possibly sandwhich it between two thin sheets of lexan, reason being if it is on the underside it may peel due to the heat and if it is on top you may scratch it or it will be affected by cleaning fluids or wax. I may do this with an abs cover and a simple blue mopar M
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2010, 11:48 am

Headtripp wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

Thats what I would do so it must be the best way haha just make sure if you do the gel sheet it holds up to the heat. I would possibly sandwhich it between two thin sheets of lexan, reason being if it is on the underside it may peel due to the heat and if it is on top you may scratch it or it will be affected by cleaning fluids or wax. I may do this with an abs cover and a simple blue mopar M

Yeah sandwiching the gel between the lexan might not be a bad idea but I dont think heat will be a problem. Them gel sheets I got from Guitar Center are made to go directly over those extremely bright stage lights and those fuckers get HOT. Plus, I dont know how much clearance I have under the half covers so 2 sheets of lexan might not give me much room to play with the LEDs. Maybe I can throw a coat of that engine paint clear coat on it to help protect it a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!   3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3G's First Production Half Covers and Firewall Installed!!!!! Custom Cut Design!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: