Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question

Go down 
+3
Moparcharger07
xegitalian19xx
JBBCharger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JBBCharger
CAMM Member
JBBCharger

Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question Empty
PostSubject: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 11:37 am

I just received the Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit but it did not come with instructions. While I suspect this is probably a straight forward install, are there any non-straight forward things I should be aware of before I do it?
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 12:18 pm

Not that I remember....you just screw in the tabs and snap them on....I don't think they are made for either side or not....Make sure you also have the fat black part of the strut on the bottom....That should be it.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 12:18 pm

I believe they just pop on those little nubs or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2010, 8:35 pm

If you haven't installed them yet, here's a couple of tips.

Make sure you have a deep enough socket for the ball stud. Otherwise it will take you a lil longer with a wrench & will be a lil harder.

After install studs, Do the hood struts 1 side at a time. Start on drivers side. It's helpful to someone there for assistance in the hood.

Most IMPORTANT!

TAKE OFF THE PROP ROD BEFORE CONNECTING THE PASSENGER SIDE STRUT!

This is where the Extra hands come in handy! To help hold up the hood while you finish.

Should be less than a 30 min install.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2010, 10:30 am

and if you get a after market hood.... the rods wont hold it up well!!! (or at all)

I should just get rid of mine...only time they semi work is a real hot day where the gas can exspand..
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2010, 11:22 am

I just found that out myself. Hood struts gave out and will no longer hold up my hood. Any suggestions where I can get some stronger (and longer) ones?
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2010, 10:05 pm

OOOO I do!!!!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2010, 10:53 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
OOOO I do!!!!

Ok where???? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2010, 12:45 pm

Here's the site http://www.bmcspeedshop.com/ search for billet struts for aftermarket hoods
Back to top Go down
JBBCharger
CAMM Member
JBBCharger

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2010, 5:13 pm

xegitalian, are you sure about the orientation? The pictures I've seen show the fat part of the strut connected to the hood (top), and the skinny part connected to the body (bottom). If I read your message correctly, you are saying that the fat part should be connected to the body (contrary to the pictures I've seen).

For everybody else, why do the struts give out when you have aftermarket hoods? Is it because the aftermarket hoods are heavier? Aren't the fiberglass hoods lighter than the OEM hoods?
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2010, 6:45 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
Here's the site http://www.bmcspeedshop.com/ search for billet struts for aftermarket hoods

I couldnt find em there.... regular ones but not billet or upgraded stronger ones....
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2010, 8:35 pm

Hmmm coulda swore but thats what I saw on LXforms I think if you do a search there someone has put them on a non stock hood.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2010, 8:44 pm

moaugust88 wrote:

Thanks for the link! I'll take a look! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2010, 8:45 pm

JBBCharger wrote:
xegitalian, are you sure about the orientation? The pictures I've seen show the fat part of the strut connected to the hood (top), and the skinny part connected to the body (bottom). If I read your message correctly, you are saying that the fat part should be connected to the body (contrary to the pictures I've seen).

For everybody else, why do the struts give out when you have aftermarket hoods? Is it because the aftermarket hoods are heavier? Aren't the fiberglass hoods lighter than the OEM hoods?

Much heavier!!! You'd think they would be lighter but they are not!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question   Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mopar LX Hood Strut Kit - Install Question
Page 1 of 1