Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!

Go down 
+4
HiPwr
AlterEgo
liljoejoe54
moaugust88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 6:12 pm

Ok so call me cheap but I needed a catch can but BT really rapes people for one. So anyways here's my can let me know what you guys think.
Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! DSC03655
Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! DSC03656
Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! DSC03657
Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! DSC03658
Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! DSC03659
Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! DSC03660
Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! DSC03661
I'm going to have to see how this works out in the long run. And I'm gonna do a write up for people because I got the idea from ChargerForums.com, but the original author didn't give many details as to how to put this in just what he did in minor pics.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 6:32 pm

Good job. I wouldnt say BT rapes people though. Sure their catch cans arent cheap but you get what you pay for. I have one from there and it was the first thing I ordered from them. I was extremely surprised//pleased at the quality of it. $100 is well worth the peace of mind IMO. But saving money and making one yourself is always a plus in my book. Thats just a regular water separator from Home Depot right?
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 6:40 pm

Yup thats what it is, and from what I get I think that it will prolly be better for me right now, and saying BT rapes people was just a joke, but I don't have the money to spend right now for something I need. and I know I'll get one from BT but by that time I hope prices have gone down. LOL
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 6:46 pm

Dats some old fashioned ingenuinity right there !! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 7:09 pm

BT doesn't rape people, but their profit margins aren't what I'd call "narrow." Let's face it, throw a 10 oz. block of aluminum in a CNC machine for five minutes and what you have is a $45 pink thingy replacement.

That being said, their parts are of first-rate quality & I have no regrets purchasing their catch can (as well as other parts I've bought).

I applaud your ingenuity, Mo. Even though it doesn't look very good, I'm sure it will do the trick.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 7:21 pm

I don't think people get my sense of humor, but then again I should have worded it different. I didn't mean to knock BT. It was a jab really at my cheap ass. But right now money is tight and this car needed a catch can of some sort. And in the near future I'll get one. But being the way things are, this is what I had to do. Umm can a Admin delete my rape part of my post please. Seems I picked a string I shouldn't have.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 7:29 pm

No need to alter it as far as I'm concerned. I didn't take it as knocking BT. They're expensive! It's not a secret!!
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 7:42 pm

if it works cool! keep an eye out here cause you might be able to pick one up when your ready. elcobra got mine for me.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 7:43 pm

HiPwr wrote:
No need to alter it as far as I'm concerned. I didn't take it as knocking BT. They're expensive! It's not a secret!!

I agree, they arent cheap by no means. They are always having sales and specials too, thats when I usually take advantage and make my orders. Thats how I got my engine dress up kit from them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 7:22 am

HiPwr wrote:
BT doesn't rape people, but their profit margins aren't what I'd call "narrow." Let's face it, throw a 10 oz. block of aluminum in a CNC machine for five minutes and what you have is a $45 pink thingy replacement.

That being said, their parts are of first-rate quality & I have no regrets purchasing their catch can (as well as other parts I've bought).

I applaud your ingenuity, Mo. Even though it doesn't look very good, I'm sure it will do the trick.

Costs associated with overhead for building rent/taxes , utilities, material buying, machine maint., machine payments, operator wages, setup time yada yada. More to it than just 5 min in a cnc mach.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 7:47 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Costs associated with overhead for building rent/taxes , utilities, material buying, machine maint., machine payments, operator wages, setup time yada yada. More to it than just 5 min in a cnc mach.

Yes, but considering these costs are spread across their entire line of products plus other products we may not know about, I believe it's safe to say that their profit margin on a catch can is quite significant.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 4:11 pm

profit on a catch can might be high, but profit on some higher end products might be lower... so you have to make up your differences somewhere.....
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 4:25 pm

I'm not knocking their profits. I want them to flourish. It just seems like there is some kind of saintly aura some people see around BT. It's a business and they are there to make money.
Back to top Go down
Dragond76
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2010, 11:53 am

Hi, I too am in your situation (no money for mods), could you please send me your parts list and a general description of how you installed the budget catch can? I'd like to try my hand at it too!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2010, 12:39 pm

Dragond76 wrote:
Hi, I too am in your situation (no money for mods), could you please send me your parts list and a general description of how you installed the budget catch can? I'd like to try my hand at it too!

Welcome Dragond76! Make an introduction thread here: New Member Introductions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!   Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Budget Catch Can Install DONE!!!!
Page 1 of 1