Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adding Fogs

Go down 
+2
Moparcharger07
Dalegit1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

Adding Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Adding Fogs   Adding Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 5:36 pm

Does anyone know it it is going to be a breeze or a pain to install foglights on a magnum which originally didn't come with it???

I have the foglight assembly but still need the bezel. So I am on the hunt for that currently. In the meantime, is there anyone out there that can assist me in getting these installed.

thanks
Renee'
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Adding Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Fogs   Adding Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 6:39 pm

The install is ok, but I believe you have to have the computer re-flashed to accept the fogs in order to turn them on. Otherwise it won't recognize them
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Adding Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Fogs   Adding Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 6:41 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
The install is ok, but I believe you have to have the computer re-flashed to accept the fogs in order to turn them on. Otherwise it won't recognize them
What if you ran them to a seperate switch?
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

Adding Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Fogs   Adding Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 6:41 pm

Not sure if it's much different then the charger considering the front end is different but you should just have to pop off the belly pan and put them in..
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Adding Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Fogs   Adding Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 6:48 pm

Yeah with a separate switch then no the re-flash isn't needed, but with the original Mopar fog kit, the re-flash is needed. I looked into it already for my car LOL
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

Adding Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Fogs   Adding Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 11:04 pm

Another one for Mod Day!

Matt, do you have a Starscan yet?
Back to top Go down
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

Adding Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Fogs   Adding Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 2:07 pm

Dep[ending on the model and any add ons. Some SE's already have the harness. you just need to mount the fogs and then take it to the dealer to have the computer flashed. Others, you will need to run the harness to the box in the engine compartment. then, do the same as the first option. The dealer near me said it would cost $60 to flash the computer if I install the lights.

The harness should come with the kit including the new light switch.
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

Adding Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Fogs   Adding Fogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2009, 9:35 am

Cool thanks for all the replies ... I still haven't found the bezel yet, but then again to be honest I haven't been looking lately!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adding Fogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Fogs   Adding Fogs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adding Fogs
Page 1 of 1