Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PROJECT CAI

Go down 
+10
crazy933
Headtripp
Moparcharger07
chargerchick
Illinois Chaos
ChiTownHemi
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
liljoejoe54
jesse031081
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 4:26 pm

so some of you know that my car will be apart of the research and development of an cold air intake the company http://www.r2cperformance.com/index.html is in Forest park and I will be going down there next week so they can take measurements. Then from their they will develop the cai and it will be probably be a few weeks till I will be going and getting to the dyno. I will keep this up to date as much as I can discuss, but I feel its a cool opportunity and will share my experiences with all of you.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 4:29 pm

That is awesome.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 5:56 pm

Very cool Jesse I was hoping either you or Vic would jump on the chance. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 6:26 pm

Kool bro, congrats!
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 6:27 pm

Great opportunity Jesse. I'm glad that someone on CAMM is getting to do this and I can hardly wait to see the new CAI and how you like it. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 6:48 pm

The free Dyno Tune is soooo cool Jesse. Congrats, bro. You have a Predator or no. I would be snagging one if I were you. You will gain probably 40 rwhp. and lots more torque, too.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 6:53 pm

the dyno tune is a huge part of the deal! im gonna buy a tuner from bob.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 7:15 pm

Congrats Jesse! Very cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 7:30 pm

That's kick ass man!!!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:32 pm

Sweet can't wait to see the progress
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:35 pm

im kinda concerned about the dyno runs. i don't want my car beat on.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:37 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
It won't be bad at all it is controlled and better than hitting it on the street really. It will be fine dynos are pretty safe
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:40 pm

When I went to the SRT track day, the instructor said it best. "These motors are made to be beat on". The dyno runs will be great and you'll get a nice performance boost to boot.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2010, 3:56 pm

that is cool.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2010, 4:30 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
When I went to the SRT track day, the instructor said it best. "These motors are made to be beat on". The dyno runs will be great and you'll get a nice performance boost to boot.

I think Jontoad is living proof of this statement....
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 4:32 pm

So day 1 is done...... I went down to the cai manufacture in Forest Park today. It was fun and I learned way more than I would ever want to know about a cai. Everyone was really nice and made sure they let me take pictures of the progress. they showed me the lab and all the machines that are used in this process. They also showed me one of their used filters and it was nasty outside but so clean on the inside, so when they were putting mine back together i realized how filthy mine was on the inside. They definitely have me sold on the filters! So today they scanned my engine compartment and took other measurements of the hoses and throttle body and a few other things for clearance purposes. It should take a few weeks for the prototype to be finished and then its of to kurgan motorsports for testing and tuning on the dyno. heres a few pics PROJECT CAI DSCN0195a PROJECT CAI DSCN0194 PROJECT CAI DSCN0189aPROJECT CAI DSCN0193a and yes under my hood is really dirty
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 5:03 pm

Wow,that is very cool!Hope you have fun and take some videos of the dyno runs too ( if you can )
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 5:38 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Then you should have bought a Toyota! Its a Hemi, beat the piss out of it, thats what its for.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 6:34 pm

thanks shawn! i can always count on you for a straight up answer and i would drive a supra
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 6:51 pm

That's the first game of Hemi Connect The Dots that I've ever seen. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 9:13 pm

I did also talk to the head engineer and mentioned that their are a lot of chargers out there. i will keep everyone posted if ihear if they do decide to tackle that project
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 9:17 pm

Sounds good bro, I'll be a test car
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 9:24 pm

ill talk to him at my test and tune day. i think it would make sense to do a charger, but what do i know....
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 10:11 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
ill talk to him at my test and tune day. i think it would make sense to do a charger, but what do i know....

They probably don't understand how many Charger enthusiasts there are. All of the hype is on those dumb Chally's. nanner

Jk Jesse. I think it's really great bro.<--------------new bro thread!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 7:58 am

There is no difference between a CAI for a 5.7 Challenger and a 5.7 Charger. This company just wanted a Challenger because they are more trendy than a four-door sedan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PROJECT CAI Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT CAI   PROJECT CAI I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PROJECT CAI
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next