Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DSS Mode

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

DSS Mode Empty
PostSubject: DSS Mode   DSS Mode I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2010, 5:44 pm

I just became aware of this. I must have accidentally switched into DSS mode on my stereo because all of a sudden it started sounding like shit. I found out that you activate DSS (Driver Selectable Surround) Mode by turning your volume knob up two notches and back down two notches within 3 seconds. I think this is only available on the systems with the kicker amp. At first I thought my rear speakers were completely blown (that's how bad it sounded). Then I switched it back and it sounded good again but it got me playing around with the front to rear fader and I found that even with DSS turned off (normal mode), it sounds like I'm getting most of the highs from the front speakers a the lows and midranges from the rears. Not much highs coming from the rears at all. I never really played around with this before so not sure if this is normal or not. Just curious if anyone here knows a lot about these kicker systems and if that sounds right.

Why the hell would anyone want the DSS if it sounds that bad (or maybe I've got a problem with the kicker amp)?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

DSS Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSS Mode   DSS Mode I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2010, 7:14 pm

I have no clue about radio systems but I think Jontoad knows about the kickers. Hopefully he will chime in.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

DSS Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSS Mode   DSS Mode I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2010, 7:16 pm

I don't know if I have this "feature" in '06.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DSS Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: DSS Mode   DSS Mode I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DSS Mode
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: