Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

catch can and egr

Go down 
+4
jesse031081
Mad Hatter
Plum933
crazy933
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:21 pm

i put in my catch can but now the hoses are so damn close to the egr tube they will melt. i don't have the egr delete. can i disable the egr so it will stay closed somehow? can I unplug it?
Back to top Go down
Plum933
CAMM Member
Plum933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:27 pm

Do I need to call my father????? nanner
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:37 pm

Ok, you are like twins right now. It's gonna take me awhile to get ya straight & tell ya apart! Laughing

The EGR delete is up to you. Some have done it for Cosmetic reasons. I believe you have to have Pred to do so & you already have that now.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:38 pm

i will try using the predator "EGR OFF " to see if i can get aroung the problem for now
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:38 pm

reece, i was typing as you were, am i correct that if i use the predator to turn it off, then that egr pipe will stay cooler?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:42 pm

i have a catch can and have no problems. which mount did you use
Back to top Go down
Plum933
CAMM Member
Plum933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:43 pm

Reece, Its my car sooo, look at the photos Im driver's side and he's shot gun Laughing and notice I took the time to deal what kind of car it is and he didnt!
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:43 pm

crazy933 wrote:
reece, i was typing as you were, am i correct that if i use the predator to turn it off, then that egr pipe will stay cooler?

That part I'm not sure of. Shawn may be better to answer that 1.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:45 pm

Plum933 wrote:
Reece, Its my car sooo, look at the photos Im driver's side and he's shot gun Laughing and notice I took the time to deal what kind of car it is and he didnt!

Laughing Eek

Yes, You are a SCORPIO!

But together you are 1! hug
Back to top Go down
Plum933
CAMM Member
Plum933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:47 pm

does it show that bad Laughing
Back to top Go down
blackhemi
CAMM Pro
blackhemi

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:53 pm

crazy933 wrote:
I'm not sure about the pipe running cooler, but billet technoligies sells a egr block out plate that you can install to cover the hole that is left after you remove it. And if i remember correctly on one of the other forums their is a heat shield on the egr tube that u can slide up to help with the heat on the hose.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:56 pm

jesse mine mounts right by the water outlet housing, there is a threaded bolt that sticks out there and thats where BT says to put it.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:57 pm

gil, i don't have the blocks yet and have the thing installed and want to use it, i hope the valve stays closed, i just used the predator and set it to EGR OFF.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 11:06 pm

catch can and egr 011 it should be the same as mine and i have no problems
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 11:13 pm

not the same, I have a metal EGR tube that runs from between the coolant hose and that right side head/intake to the intake manifold, my can is mounted inthe same place as yours
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 11:18 pm

and i don't believe the 09 5.7s or 6.1s had an egr valve
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 11:30 pm

Plum933 wrote:
Thats funny!! Way to represent for us scorpios!!
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 12:06 am

oh boy enough with the scorpio's people, we're talking catch cans ans egr's..lol
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 11:33 am

I wouldnt do the egr delete on the pred unless you have the egr delete plugs....

turning it off ...I believe wont stop gases from entering it and it still will be hot... and it will still create a vacuum where the gases are pulled into it... and may throw codes with it turned off but gases getting pulled in anyhow...

you can move the aluminum shield up on the egr tube to protect the lines...or maybe even get some thermo wrap and wrap it alittle to protect the lines from touching it...

just bring her on by and we'll take are of it ! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 11:41 am

Replied to your pm
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 12:15 pm

whos sells the egr delets kits?
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 12:29 pm

i was just reading some posts on diablos website in their forums and can across two things, one says that you should not disable the egr unless it is removed. another says the if it set to off with the predator than it's ok to unplug it.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 12:30 pm

how hard is it to remove the egr and put it back on?
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 12:32 pm

just saw another post that says the EGR OFF will turn make the system stop functioning.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 12:46 pm

Leave it on, untill you get the egr delete. Billet tech sells them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

catch can and egr Empty
PostSubject: Re: catch can and egr   catch can and egr I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

catch can and egr
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next